+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Substitution?

Re: Tomlin Substitution?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Just wait until he is playing to his full potential then we will laughing at what a steal he was.
    Which is my point. We know the skill is there. If everything else isn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    It seems increasingly plain that our Neil can't stand the bloke, and brings him on for cameo appearances as a face-saving exercise for his comments about Tomlin when he signed.
    Tomlin will be gone soon. If we can recoup 500k we will be lucky.

Lost cause. Talented but dim.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I have a hard time believing Lee Johnson would sign a man with the attitude and fitness of a Sunday pub league player. Especially after having him on loan.
    The Tomlin we had on loan was not the Tomlin that played the 2nd season as a BCFC player.
    It’s almost as if we signed a doppelgänger who was a stone heavier and a yard slower.

So yes I think Johnson was right to sign the player he did and offload the player he did.
    What went on in between I have no idea.

But it was against Burton at home. When he again lost the ball, strolled back as they attacked and watched Aden Flint cover half the pitch to get back and clean up Tomlins error before berating him that I realized he probably needs to not be in the team.

Still sad he left, because he has potential.
    I just don’t think he’ll ever realise it.

You're wearing you're sensible hat this evening instead of the Benny from Crossroads wooly one that has straw appearing from either side of it.

That's insulting.

Benny was a much loved character.

What's up with the carrot shagger anyway? He seems relatively normal tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That's insulting.

Benny was a much loved character.

What's up with the carrot shagger anyway? He seems relatively normal tonight.
    It is scary has he been taken over by a doppelganger.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    It is scary has he been taken over by a doppelganger.
    We are within 3 points of Cardiff now, even if Derby have overtaken us on GD.

6 points from Reading and Wolves and life could be looking rosey.

Although 2018 starts as

Villa (A)
    Watford (A)
    Man City (A)

Maybe BCFC have settled my outlook on life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    We are within 3 points of Cardiff now, even if Derby have overtaken us on GD.

6 points from Reading and Wolves and life could be looking rosey.

Although 2018 starts as

Villa (A)
    Watford (A)
    Man City (A)

Maybe BCFC have settled my outlook on life.
    It is still strange how you post now,for the best, but strange a bit like a scene out of the league of gentleman to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair enough, you play it safe! Ask yourself the question, how often does it happen? and on the rare occassion it does happen, it's either because the player has pissed off the manager, or a goalkeeper has been sent off, and an outfield player needs sacrificing. So, i'm going to ask the question. If i'm wrong, then so be it.
    The time to raise the sort of matters you are is on Tuesday night if Tomlin doesn't play any part in the Fulham match. As Neil Warnock has admitted himself, he doesn't always tell the media the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so I'm not going to say that the I took him off before he got sent off line was definitely the true version of events. However, if Tomlin features at all against Fulham then I would say that it probably was - I just don't say the point in any speculation or conspiracy theories until then.

The bloke is posting decently...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The time to raise the sort of matters you are is on Tuesday night if Tomlin doesn't play any part in the Fulham match. As Neil Warnock has admitted himself, he doesn't always tell the media the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so I'm not going to say that the I took him off before he got sent off line was definitely the true version of events. However, if Tomlin features at all against Fulham then I would say that it probably was - I just don't say the point in any speculation or conspiracy theories until then.
    so, shouldn't really raise the subject until Tuesday,see if Tomlin plays-Warnock's 'Whole truth' 'Speculation' 'Conspiracy theories' Kin' ell Bob, a player has been taken off, ten minutes after he had been put on, I think that the player has upset the manager-That's all.

If I was Tomlin I'd be thinking he's choosing Halford ahead of me. It's time I got my act together.

They were gutted as was I.
    Because as I said he has bucket loads of natural talent and can do things that aren’t picked up by training.

But something also wasn’t right.
    He wasn’t getting in the team. Why is a player of that much talent not even getting in the starting line up or even getting on?
    There were rumours he had a set-to in the changing room with Johnson or McAllister.

I recall coming back from a game up north and running into AFC Bournemouth fans at service station when he was in his first season with us.
    They asked how Tomlin was doing.
    I heard “thing is his attitude with us was fkin awful and his fitness was bullshit. In the end Eddie Howe had enough and told him to **** off out the club”

I think majority of fans felt like me. I wish he sorted his fitness out and his attitude (I saw him stroll back after losing the ball any number of times) because he has undoubted ability.
    That’s why I was gutted more for his potential than what he was doing - which last season was warming the bench.

If Warnock wanted to give us £2m+ then I’d begrudgingly say the club were right to take it.

While social media isn’t everything.
    Notable that Tammy Abraham got well wishes from at least 80% of the squad when he left.
    Tomlin I think got one from John Pemberton the former coach and maybe Mark Little.

Like I said I think he’s a superbly gifted player but obviously a bit of a tool personality wise.
    That many clubs don’t move you on without a reason?
    It must be Christmas.

This is the first post I've seen from you which is anywhere near reasoned and thought out.
    👍

Are you ill ?

Only fault with it is the fee was only £1.5m

Small gamble if Warnock can get even 80% of his potential out.

Right now I'd say it's only fair to conclude the jury is out.

so, shouldn't really raise the subject until Tuesday,see if Tomlin plays-Warnock's 'Whole truth' 'Speculation' 'Conspiracy theories' Kin' ell Bob, a player has been taken off, ten minutes after he had been put on, I think that the player has upset the manager-That's all.
    Dan. He was on the verge of being sent off.

It was damage limitation from Warnock.

It's frustrating as we'd all like to see more of him- and I don't understand why he didn't come on earlier.

Damour was really struggling with the physical nature of the game and we were on top without creating anything

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It must be Christmas.

This is the first post I've seen from you which is anywhere near reasoned and thought out.
    👍

Are you ill ?

Only fault with it is the fee was only £1.5m

Small gamble if Warnock can get even 80% of his potential out.

Right now I'd say it's only fair to conclude the jury is out.
    Even if that 1.5 mill helps us get 10 points, its money well spent

even if we sell him on for 500 K, 1 mill for 10 points ( that could well help us get promotion ) its a low risk gamble

Hasnt Tomlin turned around 2 games so far, thats 6 points

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Even if that 1.5 mill helps us get 10 points, its money well spent

even if we sell him on for 500 K, 1 mill for 10 points ( that could well help us get promotion ) its a low risk gamble

Hasnt Tomlin turned around 2 games so far, thats 6 points
    Sheff weds home turned a loss into a draw, same at Reading away. He was the catalyst for 3 points home to Ipswich and his cross for the winner against Hull last week. I’d say 8 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Dan. He was on the verge of being sent off.

It was damage limitation from Warnock.

It's frustrating as we'd all like to see more of him- and I don't understand why he didn't come on earlier.

Damour was really struggling with the physical nature of the game and we were on top without creating anything
    Tim, you were there, so had a different perspective to me, and I respect that. It just seems a very rare and odd thing to do, although Warnock isn't the archetypal Manager. If i'm surmising, then I reckon that he wanted Tomlin to get on the ball and make a difference, he obviously didn't, arguing etc, and that pissed Warnock off-Warnock, Frustrated, ****ed him off for not doing what he wanted-That's my feelings, right or wrong. I just wish Tomlin could get his act together, because he can change games and offer us something that no other player can-Dave Jones, for all of his faults, was very good at nurturing 'damaged stock' Anyway, let's hope for a bounce back on Tuesday, although I really believe that we need to invest come January.

The biggest problem we have is there is no natural replacement for Gunnarsson in the squad, we have tried numerous players in that position and none of them are a long term solution.

Regarding Tomlin, Warnock has taken a gamble on a maverick, not the first time he has done so. Taarabt springs to mind, some you win some you lose.

Fair points Dan.
    It wasn't just Tomlin who seemed to be wound up but Damour also.
    He was on his way to getting a ref too.
    Pratley seemed to be the worst culprit though and already booked he really should not have been on the pitch at the end.

The game was gone when Tomlin was subbed so I can see Warnock's logic. Although there were 1 or 2 in the away end who were questioning it loudly !

Tomlin must have been watching that thinking wtf have I got to do to start a game.

Did NW not know the type of player he was signing? Losing is part of the game but it's frustrating when we set out for a 0-0 draw against one of the worst sides in the division.

We've had a fair amount of luck this season but it's running out and I think we're quite predictable at times. Bolton looked nervous from the off yday but we allowed them to grow into the game, barely tested them first half and you could see they grew in confidence as they game went on. Why we didn't go at them from the off I don't know.

It was worse than Birmingham but 77 mins in at 0-0 and the only change had been a straight swap Zohore for Bogle. We're not going to nick every game late on, we need to be more proactive

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Firstly, I don't believe that "virtually every manager believes they can turn a player around". There's no evidence to support that statement.

Secondly, where are the "major documented fitness issues"? His body-type notwithstanding, he's made plenty of appearances at other clubs.

Lastly, I'm of the opinion that Warnock is neither the type of manager nor in the position to openly take risks of the magnitude of signing someone with "the attitude and fitness of a Sunday pub league player". Particularly for the reported £2.9M fee.
    The fee for Tomlin was £1.6m, as confirmed verbally by NW last week. Dont believe what you read in the press. Thats a snip at today's inflated prices and well worth a manager taking a chance on him. It would cost that in loan fees to get even a second rate player in.

Tim, you were there, so had a different perspective to me, and I respect that. It just seems a very rare and odd thing to do, although Warnock isn't the archetypal Manager. If i'm surmising, then I reckon that he wanted Tomlin to get on the ball and make a difference, he obviously didn't, arguing etc, and that pissed Warnock off-Warnock, Frustrated, ****ed him off for not doing what he wanted-That's my feelings, right or wrong. I just wish Tomlin could get his act together, because he can change games and offer us something that no other player can-Dave Jones, for all of his faults, was very good at nurturing 'damaged stock' Anyway, let's hope for a bounce back on Tuesday, although I really believe that we need to invest come January.
    You seem to be sticking to your opinion that Tomlin had pissed off Warnock and was 'dragged off' for that reason, even though all the evidence is to the contrary including peoples eye witness accounts and Warnock himself stating that he took him off to protect him from getting sent off. Why would NW lie ?. He always states things as they are - dont you like Warnock or something because if so you are in a very small minority there.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Tomlin must have been watching that thinking wtf have I got to do to start a game.

Did NW not know the type of player he was signing? Losing is part of the game but it's frustrating when we set out for a 0-0 draw against one of the worst sides in the division.

We've had a fair amount of luck this season but it's running out and I think we're quite predictable at times. Bolton looked nervous from the off yday but we allowed them to grow into the game, barely tested them first half and you could see they grew in confidence as they game went on. Why we didn't go at them from the off I don't know.

It was worse than Birmingham but 77 mins in at 0-0 and the only change had been a straight swap Zohore for Bogle. We're not going to nick every game late on, we need to be more proactive
    Totally agree. Well said. Warnock doesn't deserve to win these games until he shows a bit more belief in his own players. Far too negative against the likes of Bolton and it's not the first time!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You seem to be sticking to your opinion that Tomlin had pissed off Warnock and was 'dragged off' for that reason, even though all the evidence is to the contrary including peoples eye witness accounts and Warnock himself stating that he took him off to protect him from getting sent off. Why would NW lie ?. He always states things as they are - dont you like Warnock or something because if so you are in a very small minority there.
    Sadly the very small minority is displaying the same attitude Wolves fans have. We should automatically roll over "lesser" teams.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

They were gutted as was I.
    Because as I said he has bucket loads of natural talent and can do things that aren’t picked up by training.

But something also wasn’t right.
    He wasn’t getting in the team. Why is a player of that much talent not even getting in the starting line up or even getting on?
    There were rumours he had a set-to in the changing room with Johnson or McAllister.

I recall coming back from a game up north and running into AFC Bournemouth fans at service station when he was in his first season with us.
    They asked how Tomlin was doing.
    I heard “thing is his attitude with us was fkin awful and his fitness was bullshit. In the end Eddie Howe had enough and told him to **** off out the club”

I think majority of fans felt like me. I wish he sorted his fitness out and his attitude (I saw him stroll back after losing the ball any number of times) because he has undoubted ability.
    That’s why I was gutted more for his potential than what he was doing - which last season was warming the bench.

If Warnock wanted to give us £2m+ then I’d begrudgingly say the club were right to take it.

While social media isn’t everything.
    Notable that Tammy Abraham got well wishes from at least 80% of the squad when he left.
    Tomlin I think got one from John Pemberton the former coach and maybe Mark Little.

Like I said I think he’s a superbly gifted player but obviously a bit of a tool personality wise.
    That many clubs don’t move you on without a reason?
    That's quite sad, if true.

Have no idea whether he enjoys the 'respect' of the Cardiff squad.

Obviously everyone was very happy when he rescued a point at Reading and assisted Bamba's winner against Hull.

For a professional footballer he does look out of condition, and perhaps the only way he can alter his image is to get more game time. Thought he would start yesterday against Bolton, especially after his display against Hull.