+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tomlin Substitution?

Re: Tomlin Substitution?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It must be Christmas.

This is the first post I've seen from you which is anywhere near reasoned and thought out.
    👍

Are you ill ?

Only fault with it is the fee was only £1.5m

Small gamble if Warnock can get even 80% of his potential out.

Right now I'd say it's only fair to conclude the jury is out.
    he has already repaid his fee. He has been involved in goals in practically every game he has come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jursset_BrisCity View Post
    They were gutted as was I.
    Because as I said he has bucket loads of natural talent and can do things that aren’t picked up by training.

But something also wasn’t right.
    He wasn’t getting in the team. Why is a player of that much talent not even getting in the starting line up or even getting on?
    There were rumours he had a set-to in the changing room with Johnson or McAllister.

I recall coming back from a game up north and running into AFC Bournemouth fans at service station when he was in his first season with us.
    They asked how Tomlin was doing.
    I heard “thing is his attitude with us was fkin awful and his fitness was bullshit. In the end Eddie Howe had enough and told him to **** off out the club”

I think majority of fans felt like me. I wish he sorted his fitness out and his attitude (I saw him stroll back after losing the ball any number of times) because he has undoubted ability.
    That’s why I was gutted more for his potential than what he was doing - which last season was warming the bench.

If Warnock wanted to give us £2m+ then I’d begrudgingly say the club were right to take it.

While social media isn’t everything.
    Notable that Tammy Abraham got well wishes from at least 80% of the squad when he left.
    Tomlin I think got one from John Pemberton the former coach and maybe Mark Little.

Like I said I think he’s a superbly gifted player but obviously a bit of a tool personality wise.
    That many clubs don’t move you on without a reason?
    Why do you insist in posting childish rubbish when you are capable of posting a decent message such as this?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Sadly the very small minority is displaying the same attitude Wolves fans have. We should automatically roll over "lesser" teams.
    A side serious about promotion shouldn't be going to a team in the position Bolton are in looking to nick a draw by playing a midfield devoid of creativity

I'm no stato but I would like to know how many goals we have scored when Tomlin is on the pitch. I know you would have to factor in game situations e.g. comebacks from losing positions for a true weighting but my point is I think he genuinely impacts a game when he comes on or starts. No one can do it every game.. I am of the mind that its a storm in a teacup. I would start him against Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    A side serious about promotion shouldn't be going to a team in the position Bolton are in looking to nick a draw by playing a midfield devoid of creativity
    A side serious about promotion from the Championship know that consistency, grinding results out matters more.

Standard tactics away against anybody - keep things tight, take the crowd out of it... become more expansive as the game comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    A side serious about promotion from the Championship know that consistency, grinding results out matters more.

Standard tactics away against anybody - keep things tight, take the crowd out of it... become more expansive as the game comes on.
    Bolton were there for the taking and visibly nervous from the start and yet we refused to bring on our best creative player until the 77th minute. Promotions include ground out wins but aren't strictly limited to ground out away wins, we got the team selection badly wrong yesterday, and refusing to bring on Tomlin until we conceded and leaving Greg Halford on the pitch until the end was baffling

Try clinging on for every point and sooner or later the wheels will come off.

Teams like Bolton are there for the taking. Yes they will get good wins like against us, and no disrespect, but both teams are where they are in the table on merit. Let's start to respect ourselves a bit more and play like a team in second.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You seem to be sticking to your opinion that Tomlin had pissed off Warnock and was 'dragged off' for that reason, even though all the evidence is to the contrary including peoples eye witness accounts and Warnock himself stating that he took him off to protect him from getting sent off. Why would NW lie ?. He always states things as they are - dont you like Warnock or something because if so you are in a very small minority there.
    I am sticking to it, what's Warnock going to say, when we have games coming thick and fast? Do i like Neil Warnock? I don't know him, one thing is for sure though, he's a fantastic operator at this level, and i have never criticised him, when plenty on here were doing the 'Colin Wanker' stuff, and criticising his teams for being physical, even one or two defending him in this thread. I repeat, i think that he's a god send, couldn't be happier, do i believe that he was considerate in removing Tomlin after 12 minutes? not a chance. Warnock sent him out there to get on the ball, to create something, like at Reading and Wednesday at home, sounds like he didn't really participate, arguing with the ref and getting involved with Pratley etc. Warnock has stated his frustrations with Tomlin, and knowing his volatile nature, i conclude that he pulled Tomlin off in order to punish him, that's it, i may well be wrong. If i am right, then let's hope it has the desired effect on Tuesday (if Tomlin plays)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I am sticking to it, what's Warnock going to say, when we have games coming thick and fast? Do i like Neil Warnock? I don't know him, one thing is for sure though, he's a fantastic operator at this level, and i have never criticised him, when plenty on here were doing the 'Colin Wanker' stuff, and criticising his teams for being physical, even one or two defending him in this thread. I repeat, i think that he's a god send, couldn't be happier, do i believe that he was considerate in removing Tomlin after 12 minutes? not a chance. Warnock sent him out there to get on the ball, to create something, like at Reading and Wednesday at home, sounds like he didn't really participate, arguing with the ref and getting involved with Pratley etc. Warnock has stated his frustrations with Tomlin, and knowing his volatile nature, i conclude that he pulled Tomlin off in order to punish him, that's it, i may well be wrong. If i am right, then let's hope it has the desired effect on Tuesday (if Tomlin plays)
    That's one hell of a punishment, Tomlin would have a masive claim for sexual harassment.

As for the original post, I’d love to see Tomlin start more regularly. We look a better side when we have some closer to the striker.

As for negative playing Halford. The reports I’ve read suggest he played well. And is it any more negative than playing Bamba in midfield like when we beat Leeds mid week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    As for the original post, I’d love to see Tomlin start more regularly. We look a better side when we have some closer to the striker.

As for negative playing Halford. The reports I’ve read suggest he played well. And is it any more negative than playing Bamba in midfield like when we beat Leeds mid week ?
    Leeds are a different proposition to Bolton.

Wether Halford personally played well in his defensive position or not is irrelevant it’s a defensive player in for an attacker hence we created F all yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

He was dreadful.

Halford was dreadful, only decent thing he did was keeping Peltier away from throw ins

It's hard to tell how anyone played based just on internet commentary and match blogs - but it is clear there are many different opinions on how Greg Halford performed. I had the impression from the commentary that he was quite effective as a DM. Anyway, as proof of nothing:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...0045f2c82ff2a0

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It's hard to tell how anyone played based just on internet commentary and match blogs - but it is clear there are many different opinions on how Greg Halford performed. I had the impression from the commentary that he was quite effective as a DM. Anyway, as proof of nothing:

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...0045f2c82ff2a0
    After reading that I'm now convinced halford was in fact shit

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    After reading that I'm now convinced halford was in fact shit