+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas food shopping

Re: Christmas food shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Isn't that just eggy bread?

(as per The Royle Family)

Never heard it called gypsy toast. Actually, I'd never had nor heard of eggy bread either until a few years ago
    I thought it was French toast

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I thogught it was French toast
    Don't them French put cinnamon on it. Quite Christmasy that come to think of it.

It is French Toast.
    Aka Gypsy Toast, aka Eggy Bread .. probably aka a few more

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I would but its just started raining here
    I lend you a brolly

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Anybody fancy a pre-Xmas scrap up in Beddau?
    Bring your best 15 to ponty train station **** beddau

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Isn't that just eggy bread?

(as per The Royle Family)

Never heard it called gypsy toast. Actually, I'd never had nor heard of eggy bread either until a few years ago
    French toast

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    French toast
    Nope

Inspired by JRH French baguette

I fancied some camembert and cranberry in a toasted panini

So after our " traditional " Starbucks or Costa on Christmas eve, we popped into ASDA ( which is around the corner to Costa's in town ) to pick up some panini's, the place was almost empty, i kid you not, must have had 15 customers in, more staff than customers
    Driving home, Drive past a queue of about 25 carson the main road trying to get into Tesco's, must have been 20 cars past the junction just sat waiting to get into the car park, mental really, Asda is empty yet people are sat in the car in a queue for 15 mins outside tesco's

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Nope
    What is different about basic, standard 'French Toast', compared to 'Gypsy Toast' or 'eggy bread'?

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    What is different about basic, standard 'French Toast', compared to 'Gypsy Toast' or 'eggy bread'?
    Probably spices make a huge difference for one.

When I was a lad we used to have council toast which was an old beer mat with council pop which was water off of next doors downpipe. we were happier back then.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    When I was a lad we used to have council toast which was an old beer mat with council pop which was water off of next doors downpipe. we were happier back then.
    Made me laugh

Wife sent me out shopping last minute... sigh. Was like Vietnam out there.

Silly cow in one store was in the cake section - had her hand over the packet. Her trolley was blocking the way for people. Her choice was reduced to £4 from £6 - not enough for this intrepid shopper, oh no.

She was waiting for staff to reduce it further in the day - yelling at staff to get on with it. They politely pointed out they weren't reducing it further until later and certainly not whilst she had her hand on it. She huffed and called a mate a few aisles over to "look after it for her" whilst she went doing other shopping.

So I nipped in and grabbed it - nobody had hold of it after all. After about ten minutes of shopping I returned and placed it back; it was soon gathered by a polite Asian fellow - he was curious as to why I put it back. I explained and we had a good laugh about it!

Nope
    Gypsy toast

Caroline street

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post

Silly cow in one store was in the cake section - had her hand over the packet. Her trolley was blocking the way for people. Her choice was reduced to £4 from £6 - not enough for this intrepid shopper, oh no.

She was waiting for staff to reduce it further in the day - yelling at staff to get on with it. They politely pointed out they weren't reducing it further until later and certainly not whilst she had her hand on it. She huffed and called a mate a few aisles over to "look after it for her" whilst she went doing other shopping.

So I nipped in and grabbed it - nobody had hold of it after all. After about ten minutes of shopping I returned and placed it back; it was soon gathered by a polite Asian fellow - he was curious as to why I put it back. I explained and we had a good laugh about it!
    Oooh my hero.

Where is this as I've been out the last 3 days and had no problems I've actually thought it's been quite this year

Oooh my hero.
    Innit.

It's small steps that can change a society after all. Yelling at staff for not doing what she wanted was quite frankly disgraceful, they aren't paid to take abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Where is this as I've been out the last 3 days and had no problems I've actually thought it's been quietquiet this year
    Morrisons down Cardiff Bay.

Wife gave me a list of three places to go, it's been absolutely heaving today. Getting a parking space in Tescos down Western Avenue was an adventure all of it's own.

Morrisons down Cardiff Bay.

Wife gave me a list of three places to go, it's been absolutely heaving today. Getting a parking space in Tescos down Western Avenue was an adventure all of it's own.
    Lucky me was down Culver tesco Friday wasn't to bad

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    I have never bought any additional food for Christmas. I’ll never understand why people buy so much food, what a waste of money. I will be 8 stone before Christmas and 8 stone after. Everyone in work will be moaning how fat they are and how much weight they’ve put on, they’ll all go to weight watchers/slimming world and spend an absolute fortune trying to lose the weight they put on
    8 stone? You want to change your name to Karen carpenter

Oooh my hero.

Innit.

It's small steps that can change a society after all. Yelling at staff for not doing what she wanted was quite frankly disgraceful, they aren't paid to take abuse.
    And pinching an item you didn’t really want makes you such a martyr....

You sound as big a tw@t as her

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And pinching an item you didn’t really want makes you such a martyr....

You sound as big a tw@t as her
    Hardly; it went to a good home so the end result was a net positive. Life lesson learnt for said woman not to treat hard working staff like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Made me laugh
    Council raisins were the only things I didn't like. Tasted funny.