+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do your kids still believe in Santa?

Do your kids still believe in Santa?

My eldest, 13, obviously doesn’t but she kept up the charade til she was 11.

My youngest is only 8, nearly 9, and I don’t know if it’s cos she got an older sister, but I get the impression she doesn’t believe anymore.

I was 8 personally. My older cousin, who was allowed his new bike on Xmas eve, told me on Xmas Eve there was no Santa

Re: Do your kids still believe in Santa?

That is when the magic of christmas ends

TAKE a tip from drug dealers and make your eggnog go further by "cutting" it with magnolia emulsion.

my youngest hasnt, but this year i purchased a " santa letter " from groupon for 2 and 1/2 quid, i thought as a laugh, but she bloody loved it, even though she is 10

as we have wrapped gifts hanging around the house ( we always do ) we always go to the " elf drop-off center " after church ( christmas eve service, i know sludge will not like that ), I of course just chuck all the gifts in our both vans and she is happy with that, about to head of to drop them of now ( sit in the van for 10 mins outside ) before we order Domino's

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    my youngest hasnt, but this year i purchased a " santa letter " from groupon for 2 and 1/2 quid, i thought as a laugh, but she bloody loved it, even though she is 10

as we have wrapped gifts hanging around the house ( we always do ) we always go to the " elf drop-off center " after church ( christmas eve service, i know sludge will not like that ), I of course just chuck all the gifts in our both vans and she is happy with that, about to head of to drop them of now ( sit in the van for 10 mins outside ) before we order Domino's
    My granddaughter has cried her eyes out because her mother said the naughty elf is going away until next year.

Mine are 1 and 5, the youngest doesn't really know what's going on apart from something good is happening and the eldest loved her letter from Santa I'm hoping to keep it up as long as possible because I can still use Santa to keep her in check

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Mine are 1 and 5, the youngest doesn't really know what's going on apart from something good is happening and the eldest loved her letter from Santa I'm hoping to keep it up as long as possible because I can still use Santa to keep her in check
    Enjoy it while you can Jamo

Xmas aside my eldest gets on my tits tbh. Typical teenager. Bloody know it all and always sticks up for her mother. Never been a daddy’s girl.

Me and the youngest still do loads together. Watching films, I can still get her to scratch my back as well. She knows how to get round me though, full daddy’s girl.

She’s just getting a bit heavy to carry to bed, that’s the start of the downhill

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Enjoy it while you can Jamo

Xmas aside my eldest gets on my tits tbh. Typical teenager. Bloody know it all and always sticks up for her mother. Never been a daddy’s girl.

Me and the youngest still do loads together. Watching films, I can still get her to scratch my back as well. She knows how to get round me though, full daddy’s girl.

She’s just getting a bit heavy to carry to bed, that’s the start of the downhill
    Try carrying mine up the stairs then! Mine still fully believes and I hope I can keep it up a couple of more years yet! It’s magical.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Try carrying mine up the stairs then! Mine still fully believes and I hope I can keep it up a couple of more years yet! It’s magical.

My youngest is 25m I don't think she believes in Santa anymore.

I teach kids and I swear I've got one lad who's 13 with ADHD who still believes. The parents should surely tell him?

I also have a girl around the same age and I'm not entirely sure if she does. She said to me last week "Santa is a really cool guy" not sure what that actually means?

All the kids under 11 that I teach are full believers.

My mother told me when I was 8, I must've been one hell of a mature kid

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    sitting here with a well deserved glass of red wine, my youngest is 9, I dont know if he believes or not, but he likes all the build up and rigmarole of everything. Around 9/10 is the cusp of it as they work it out for themselves.

My plan is to tell him there is a father christmas - and that is mum and dad and to just enjoy it all. I love christmas , I hope everyone else does - I know there are families out there struggling, I struggle do with bills and general stuff sometimes. But to anyone - your kids need love, experiences and memories more than anything else. So dont argue , dont shout, calm down , deep breath and thank yourself that you are still alive and enjoying it.

Happy Christmas all
    That last bit is spot on. Just enjoy it while it lasts, you never know when you'll drop off. Take care all.

My boy is 12 now. He stopped believing around 9/10 but kept up the charade for another year to keep his mum happy 😂

Kids? Only kids? This thread has ruined Christmas for me & I’m 62😢😢

Absolutely! Mine is 4 and he's been better behaved since we got an elf cam to watch him and a card where you can scratch off how well he's behaved everyday. He's pretty good as a rule but on the odd occasion he has a big strop. Nothing this month

Mine does,Hes 43

Do your kids ever ask how Father Christmas fits in with the baby Jesus?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Jesus seems a small part of Christmas these days. my daughter is only 5 but nevertheless she has never asked about Jesus, Santa is the man

Jesus seems a small part of Christmas these days. my daughter is only 5 but nevertheless she has never asked about Jesus, Santa is the man
    Plus religion is a load of bollox

My 13 year old doesn’t believe in Santa or God / Jesus.

The word Christmas for me now just means a time of year rather than the original religious meaning

Some of you are talking as if Santa doesn't exist. Yer Dafties!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Kids? Only kids? This thread has ruined Christmas for me & I’m 62😢😢
    This thread ruined Xmas for me and I am 20

Plus religion is a load of bollox

The word Christmas for me now just means a time of year rather than the original religious meaning
    Which is the reason we pop along to church on Christmas eve, it might be a load of bollox to some, but to others its not, this year the Christmas service raised £731 ( something pence ) for " save the children charity ", even if we just take that as a positive, thats good enough for me

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Which is the reason we pop along to church on Christmas eve, it might be a load of bollox to some, but to others its not, this year the Christmas service raised £731 ( something pence ) for " save the children charity ", even if we just take that as a positive, thats good enough for me
    Each to their own Matt. If people take comfort from their faith that’s up to them.

I was raised a catholic and after being force fed it in school for 12/13 years I think it’s a big pile of bollox.

Each to their own Matt. If people take comfort from their faith that’s up to them.

I was raised a catholic and after being force fed it in school for 12/13 years I think it’s a big pile of bollox.
    Fair enough

I wouldnt say we were overly religious, a annual visit to the church on christmas eve, thats about it, we used to go at easter as they did a cracking easter egg hunt ( with the kids getting bloody loads of easter eggs ) , but the girls are a little older now and they normally have other stuff on