Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
What in the hell are you talking about? Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in the UK are the most deprived subsets of our population and they live in the worst housing in the most segregated areas. I’ve already told you that I’ve had three long term relationships with Asian women; one Chinese, one Sikh and one Indian Muslim. How can I be racist? I’m simply pointing out that the Muslim communities in the U.K. are the most segregated and ghettoised of any ethnic/religious group. I wrote my dissertation, in 1991, for my first degree on the institutionally racist nature of Bradford council’s housing policy! I was a member of the Anti-Nazi league in Bradford, for God’s sake! I’ve more recently spent twelve years teaching adult literacy to a class that was 50% Muslim women!

Look back over my posts on this thread and you will see a link to a Guardian article saying roughly what I have said. Is that article racist? For you to accuse me of being racist shows utter ignorance of what racism is and a sad disregard for what I have actually written and who I am.

Read this report and then come back to me with some informed opinion.

https://policyexchange.org.uk/wp-con...tion-index.pdf

So as an educated man what do you think can be done to desegregate these areas? What sort of interventions of any can be done to bring communities together like Bradford?

I haven’t lived in Bradford but am aware of a high Pakistani ethnic minority. I did work in Grabgetown and Butetown for years and whilst these are areas of high ethnic diversity I didn’t see such distinct polarisation of communities.