+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aus v England 4th test

Aus v England 4th test

On the off chance some one might give a feck... I just had a quick glance at the scorecard and has a familiar look about it.

England bowlers struggle to take wickets, then break through and take a few quick ones, now Smith taking charge building a nice partnership with Marsh and looking to bat England out of the game.

Doubtless the coaches will be in denial again and defending the toothless attack.
    Okay early days at 202-3 On the 1st day but has the feeling of dčja vu.

First Team

Re: Aus v England 4th test

Didn't even bother getting up until almost the end of play.
    Very much a case of "as you were" and Australia must be thinking of a 500 plus total now.
    General consensus seemed to be that it is a track with a lot of runs in it. Australia look like obliging in that respect but not sure that I have any confidence in England's fragile batting so it could be an innings defeat and another step towards the clean sweep.

So what do we reckon a bang average convict outfit will finish day 2 on.

Im going 585 for 5 dec

Eng 22 for 2.

At least the Jacks lost.

Australia collapse to 327 all out and England are 3-0 - is this as good as it gets for them?

151-2 with Cook showing some form at last on 78.

First Team

Didn't see that coming even if it really is too little too late.
    The problem is that all I am now thinking is how can England bugger up from this position of relative strength.

Cook century and Root on 49 as England close on 192-2

Let’s hope that there’s no dramatic collapse again,and they go on to get a total to at least make sure that they don’t lose this test and maybe enough to go on and win it.

Well i got the England 2 down correct.

473-8 with Cook 226 not out and Broad 56 not out as they put on a 100 for the ninth wicket - I was listening to Radio 5 yesterday and there were a lot of people being critical of Cook for finally scoring some runs once the series has been decided, but that's an outstanding effort no matter what the circumstances.

Of course, Broad is out as soon as I type the paragraph above .

First Team

I am more impressed with Broad's effort.
    Ever since he took the blow to the head he has, understandably, been rather cautious and gone from an all rounder to a quickie with the Tufnell/ Devon Malcom batting ability. Today he actually looked as if he could score runs again and wanted to be batting.
    Cook always had ability in abundance and was just in one of those troughs that all sportsmen hit. This may well be his last series so I am glad that such a talent can take from this series such a big score.