+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Chin up chaps.

Chin up chaps.

It’s obviously gutting to lose two games in three days, but this group of players have done brilliantly to win 47 points and get us to where we are so far, especially considering our luck with injuries. There have been some fantastic battling team performances, coming from behind and late goals. I reckon NW and the team deserve to be cut plenty of slack for a couple of poor results.
    This is where the fans support counts, not when we’re wining five in a row. Come on City

Re: Chin up chaps.

I admire your optimism Barry but there are some causes for concern which are undeniable

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I admire your optimism Barry but there are some causes for concern which are undeniable
    I don’t think we could possibly have a better man in charge to sort it out. I’ve got every faith in him.

For the life of me I cannot see what Bryson or Halford offer in preference to Tomlin. The guy is a game changer and yet again we were being out played in midfield.

Teams are now wise to the fact that we attack from the wings and have negated that threat. We have no creativity in midfield and no plan b.

Obviously something has happened behind the scenes because Tomlin has gone from being the oplayer Warnock most wanted to sign to permanent bench warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    For the life of me I cannot see what Bryson or Halford offer in preference to Tomlin. The guy is a game changer and yet again we were being out played in midfield.

Teams are now wise to the fact that we attack from the wings and have negated that threat. We have no creativity in midfield and no plan b.

Obviously something has happened behind the scenes because Tomlin has gone from being the oplayer Warnock most wanted to sign to permanent bench warmer.
    Seasonal menu?

What's going on? In the space of four days our Neil has served up not one but two stinking festive turds.

Nothing to be embarrassed about losing two games. A minor blip hopefully. Like the OP says, very bad luck with injuries. For myself I think the return of Harris along with a couple signings will be the biggest plus of the next few weeks. A win on friday and some dropped points and it'll be back to it. Villa away at Boro, Derby away at Ipswich and Wolves away at Bristol, other teams have to drop points.

Ahh the old “no Plan b” complaint. The most commonly used criticism thrown at managers, most commonly heard on 606. I’ve not heard it on here for a long time. I really don’t think it’s something that Neil Warnock can be accused of. NW is more likely than any City manager I’ve seen to change personnel or formation before and during a game.

As for Tomlin, there must be a reason for NWs reluctance to play him, he has mentioned his lack of fitness but maybe there’s more to it than we know.

Can we change the title to “Chins up”. Can’t move I’ve eaten and drank so much tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Is it a coincidence that the bad run seems to have happened since Morrison has been out ?
    In terms of conceding statistics, we've let in a goal every 122 mins with Morrison in the side and one every 47 minutes since he was injured against Reading. I'm not suggesting here that losing Morrison has been the sole reason for this, there's obviously more to it than his absence, but I think it's a part of the reason, yes.

Back in 2015/16 he missed 13 games with injury. That season we conceded a goal every 89 minutes when he played and every 75 when he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In terms of conceding statistics, we've let in a goal every 122 mins with Morrison in the side and one every 47 minutes since he was injured against Reading. I'm not suggesting here that losing Morrison has been the sole reason for this, there's obviously more to it than his absence, but I think it's a part of the reason, yes.

Back in 2015/16 he missed 13 games with injury. That season we conceded a goal every 89 minutes when he played and every 75 when he didn't.
    I said to my old man earlier that it seems we let more goals in without Morrison in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I said to my old man earlier that it seems we let more goals in without Morrison in the team.
    Morrison or Manga? No brainer for me. Morrison every day of the week.

Id have Morrisson straigjt back in. But that wouldnt have made a difference today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Id have Morrisson straigjt back in. But that wouldnt have made a difference today.
    I'm not sure about that. We've given away some really sloppy goals today which came about from a lack of understanding about how to defend as a team. I think Morrison makes the defence play properly while Bamba and Manga are just a little too sloppy in some of their decision making. I don't think they score any of their goals the way they did if Morrison had been organising the defence.

We are missing him far more than we realise, and I'm concerned that we haven't heard anything about his injury. I think the normal recovery time is 3 to 6 weeks - and then there will be match fitness to recover too.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I'm not sure about that. We've given away some really sloppy goals today which came about from a lack of understanding about how to defend as a team. I think Morrison makes the defence play properly while Bamba and Manga are just a little too sloppy in some of their decision making. I don't think they score any of their goals the way they did if Morrison had been organising the defence.

We are missing him far more than we realise, and I'm concerned that we haven't heard anything about his injury. I think the normal recovery time is 3 to 6 weeks - and then there will be match fitness to recover too.
    Agree with this.

It all went tits up on the piss-up in Amsterdam. Old school ways are not always the best ways in modern football

Sometimes the game changes for the worse when Tomlin comes on. I found his non use yesterday impossible to explain if the reason given for his substitution on Saturday by the manager was the truth, but I still have to say that, despite the occasional hints as to his quality, Tomlin has been a big disappointment considering his ability and the excitement his signing generated.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Considering where we were and where we are - no complaints over 2 losses.
    We have been unlucky in these last 2 games, rub of the green etc - but there have been other times when we have done the opposite.
    The team spirit seems fantastic as does the will to win at any cost. We have some bad luck with injuries - but we have those players coming back.

Is it a coincidence that the bad run seems to have happened since Morrison has been out ?

Zohore, Bogle,Ward joined with Hoilet, Mendez etc Kadeem Harris coming back. Im sure any situation will be addressed by Warnock and dealt with.

Dont sh1t your pants over a couple of bad results - although I suspect most will.
    Unlucky how? Having been at both games we got exactly what we deserved tbh.

Hopefully we can grab a Win in one of the next two and then try get a couple of players in before Sunderland on the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sometimes the game changes for the worse when Tomlin comes on. I found his non use yesterday impossible to explain if the reason given for his substitution on Saturday by the manager was the truth, but I still have to say that, despite the occasional hints as to his quality, Tomlin has been a big disappointment considering his ability and the excitement his signing generated.
    Fulham are excellent in possession and make you work very hard for possession.

They also close you down quickly.

Tomlin would have been a passenger today.

I'd use hi more Friday though. Preston are well organised and defensively strong and physical. Tomlin''s craft will be key to breaking them down.

Damour has been ineffective last few games and I'd leave him out now Bryson is back .

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It’s obviously gutting to lose two games in three days, but this group of players have done brilliantly to win 47 points and get us to where we are so far, especially considering our luck with injuries. There have been some fantastic battling team performances, coming from behind and late goals. I reckon NW and the team deserve to be cut plenty of slack for a couple of poor results.
    This is where the fans support counts, not when we’re wining five in a row. Come on City
    I'm not that down, as I didn't expect anything from the Fulham game after the display at Bolton.

What is upsetting is we all had Turkey for dinner the day before, then had to watch 4 headless chickens run around in the pouring rain.