+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Homeless in Los Angeles

Homeless in Los Angeles

Re: Homeless in Los Angeles

That is terrible and really sad, I guess all the apartments around there would be mostly empty, shame something could not be done to help these people out. And we think that the homeless in the UK is a problem, I know it is but surely not on the scale in LA

It is shocking, in the comments section of that film a bloke who used to help the homeless there claims that it's much worse than the 20,000 stated in the film, he says it's more like 58,000 homeless in LA county.

Took me elsewhere full of ads when I clicked on the link

At a guess it's roads of tents? Seen many programmes where they show stuff like this in many cities in America.

I remember commenting on reddit a while ago something like " instead of walking past the homeless and purposely looking away, why not just tell them you can't offer any change this time"
    Now over here that's wjat I do, and in the main people are ok with it as it's better than being ignored, were all human after all... All I got back from Americans is how awful the idea was and am I stupid because in the US homeless people follow you around for money. I've never experienced that over here and often talk to people sat on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Took me elsewhere full of ads when I clicked on the link

At a guess it's roads of tents? Seen many programmes where they show stuff like this in many cities in America.

I remember commenting on reddit a while ago something like " instead of walking past the homeless and purposely looking away, why not just tell them you can't offer any change this time"
    Now over here that's wjat I do, and in the main people are ok with it as it's better than being ignored, were all human after all... All I got back from Americans is how awful the idea was and am I stupid because in the US homeless people follow you around for money. I've never experienced that over here and often talk to people sat on the street.
    My old man bought a beggar outside Asda some hot cooked chicken the other day. When he gave it to him he asked did he have a tenner as well? Not even spare change. A tenner?!!?

Personally I refuse to give to beggars anymore. There’s too many in Merthyr begging under the disguise of being homeless and are just doing it for drink and drug money

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My old man bought a beggar outside Asda some hot cooked chicken the other day. When he gave it to him he asked did he have a tenner as well? Not even spare change. A tenner?!!?

Personally I refuse to give to beggars anymore. There’s too many in Merthyr begging under the disguise of being homeless and are just doing it for drink and drug money
    cheeky ****. After reading that article the other week I don't trust any beggars now which is a shame for the genuine ones

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    cheeky ****. After reading that article the other week I don't trust any beggars now which is a shame for the genuine ones
    The one outside Aldi in Merthyr is really starting to get on my tits. I know he’s not homeless and he asks can he put your trolley back so he can keep the quid. Always preying on the elderly. He’s a cheeky twat.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

****ing hell. That is a bit OTT.

In ponty we have some that are quite obviously not homeless, as well as the Romanian big issue sellers.

It's pretty awful that people will take being homeless for a few quid, only takes money away from the ones that don't get it.

I've seen the looks on some people faces as they walk past people..if I'm walking directly by I'll look right at someone and say I haven't got any change to offer.