+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin (Merged)

Re: Lee Tomlin

Is it my imagination or is Neil Warnock ageing rapidly? The pic below taken yesterday is quite stark. At this rate a year from now he'll look like Albert Steptoe.

"Harold!"

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sell him and move on , he should be coming on and winning games, bloody show pony,he ought to be grateful to be in our City ,Brizzies must be chuckling .
    He has done when actually given a chance, he needs to be played to his strengths not run around like a headless chicken like some on here seem to want him to do

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He has done when actually given a chance, he needs to be played to his strengths not run around like a headless chicken like some on here seem to want him to do

Or get fit,and play to instruction .

Re: Tomlin

If Warnock is not going to play him,no point in putting him on the the bench so sell and get some money back! Another manager ego will think he can sort him out!

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Is it my imagination or is Neil Warnock ageing rapidly? The pic below taken yesterday is quite stark. At this rate a year from now he'll look like Albert Steptoe.

"Harold!"

He's in good shape for 67 , more energy than some 10 years younger, the red face s down to the winter, effdcts everyone , and City have added to that look recently .

What instructions? Here's 5 mins now go and win the game

[/QUOTE]

You have done a Turkey fart haven't you. You old rascal.

Yes. Yes I have. I'm not letting go of you're hand just yet either.

What instructions? Here's 5 mins now go and win the game
    Here's 5 minutes, try and do something oh and avoid having a heart attack on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Here's 5 minutes, try and do something oh and avoid having a heart attack on the pitch.
    He's always struggled with his weight but he needs games to get match fit

He's always struggled with his weight but he needs games to get match fit
    If he's always struggled with his weight then that's his lack of professionalism, nothing else. It's utterly pathetic we're talking about a professional sportsman over halfway through the season not fit.

If he's always struggled with his weight then that's his lack of professionalism, nothing else. It's utterly pathetic we're talking about a professional sportsman over halfway through the season not fit.
    There's a big difference between being fit and match fit. Unfortunately some people have underlying issues that causes them to carry a bit more weight and like I said before if he had everything you're expecting him to have he wouldn't be playing for us

If you want someone to chase balls buy another Bryson.

There's a big difference between being fit and match fit. Unfortunately some people have underlying issues that causes them to carry a bit more weight and like I said before if he had everything you're expecting him to have he wouldn't be playing for us
    Yes they have underlying issues. Like over-****ing-eating.

Now, every club he's been at he's had weight issues and attitude issues. Call me naive but you'd expect a 28 year old professional sportsman to have addressed those issues by now.

Zohore played last night after returning from injury - looked way more match fit than Tomlin ever has. He's no excuses.

Now, every club he's been at he's had weight issues and attitude issues. Call me naive but you'd expect a 28 year old professional sportsman to have addressed those issues by now.

Zohore played last night after returning from injury - looked way more match fit than Tomlin ever has. He's no excuses.
    But Kenneth hasn’t been doing community service though, that’s why he looked fitter than Tomlin.

Change the records Phil Connors.
    Don’t you get tired of posting the same thing? You must lead a very mundane life.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Change the records Phil Withers
    Don’t you get tired of posting the same thing? You must lead a very mundane life.
    Thank you for your considered and erudite post.

How do you know its his eating? Your just assuming there's an attitude problem (It could be but it's not a fact)

If Tomlin is so out of favour, why is he on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If Tomlin is so out of favour, why is he on the bench?
    It's not like we've much depth is it?

How do you know its his eating? Your just assuming there's an attitude problem (It could be but it's not a fact)
    Well Warnock did mention the other day with regards to his fitness that it was everything, including watching what he eats.

Boro, Bournemouth, Wurzels all got rid of him within two seasons. Given he's pretty damn talented, it beggars belief each of those got rid so quick without there being an issue on the players side...

he's got an overactive fork.
    silly expression watching whatvyou eat.. i watch what i eat every evening. sausages, chinese etc. unless your stevie wonder what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    he's got an overactive fork.
    silly expression watching whatvyou eat.. i watch what i eat every evening. sausages, chinese etc. unless your stevie wonder what do you do?
    Close one eye and you lose half of the food in an instant, thus on a diet. I think.

Well Warnock did mention the other day with regards to his fitness that it was everything, including watching what he eats.

Boro, Bournemouth, Wurzels all got rid of him within two seasons. Given he's pretty damn talented, it beggars belief each of those got rid so quick without there being an issue on the players side...
    Including Boro in there's a bit unfair, he'd played 42 league games the previous season a club in a higher league came in with a big bid, hardly "got rid of". Signed by a Premier League team, unfortunately couldn't cut it loaned out and then sold to a side in a lower division for roughly the same as what they bought him for is hardly a new phenomenon. In fact the only example you've provided which fits the "got rid of" mould is Bristol and he still played 38 games for them least season and the fans were gutted when he left

https://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/to...54-lee-tomlin/

I would say there’s probably threads buried somewhere in Bournemouth and Middlesbrough forums too.
    There will be the same ones at other clubs when he moves on.