+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin (Merged)

Tomlin (Merged)

Strange .
    He doesnt start or get on when we are 2 -1 down

Re: Tomlin

I’ve given up on him ever getting in the team. Warnock obviously doesn’t fancy him, don’t know why he signed him in the first place.

Need creativity and he can't start.

Would have been better off upping Whitts wages and playing him in a bit part..

Instead he's been forced to buy a player for creativity who can't start a game.

I like Warnock and only they know what goes on behind closed doors, but Tomlin made the difference against hull or it could have been a draw and 2 defeats and looked a slight bit bleaker...throw away the point he got us at reading and that's 4 less points on the board in a short space..our only 4 in fact.

There must be a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. Like you I doubt we will see Tomlin again. Perhaps he will be off in January.

If he can only play 60/70 minutes, play him for that amount of time and than take him off rather than continuing with the current trio

I'd prefer he stayed (as an outsider of the changing room obviously) we need his type of player.

If it is something like an issue behind closed doors then it would be for the best to get rid of anyone with that attitude (if of course there is that going on)

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    There must be a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes. Like you I doubt we will see Tomlin again. Perhaps he will be off in January.
    Funny that because thats exactly what I said when we bought the troubled guy in Aug.
    He gets sold every season after just one season with a club. This year he could excel himself and be sold after half a season!!

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Funny that because thats exactly what I said when we bought the troubled guy in Aug.
    He gets sold every season after just one season with a club. This year he could excel himself and be sold after half a season!!
    But he hasn't excelled himself.

It is strange. He obviously has talent, as he's shown when coming on recently as a sub, but never had the chance to have a run in the team. To have Bryson, Damour and Halford be picked ahead of him suggests a problem between him and Warnock. And even yesterday Healey and Patterson were brought on and Tomlin didn't even get a warm up along the touchline at all. The problem with him, and Pilkington too, is that we seem to be unable to sell them as no other club wants them. Hopefully something will happen in January. The money save don those two, and if we send Feeney back, would allow 3 more new players, all in midfield .

Who says no-one wants to buy Tomlin? He's not been up for sale. Tbh I can see us taking a loss on Tomlin.

Pilkington is here due to his wages, nobody wants to take his contract on clearly. Either we part subsidise a deal or wait for his contract to wind down.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Who says no-one wants to buy Tomlin? He's not been up for sale. Tbh I can see us taking a loss on Tomlin.

Pilkington is here due to his wages, nobody wants to take his contract on clearly. Either we part subsidise a deal or wait for his contract to wind down.
    I am pretty certain Pilks will be on his way Jan with a club already lined up, even if we have to pay half his wages

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I am pretty certain Pilks will be on his way Jan with a club already lined up, even if we have to pay half his wages
    Difficult to say. Imo at this point in time he's living off his past for me he's done nothing of note for years - then again Bolton wanted Noone.

If he goes, then it'll be a subsidised deal to free up the wage bill somewhat.

Difficult to say. Imo at this point in time he's living off his past for me he's done nothing of note for years - then again Bolton wanted Noone.

If he goes, then it'll be a subsidised deal to free up the wage bill somewhat.
    A good agent and he could go to many clubs at this level.

Half the time at this level it's the same agents peddling round the same shite.

I'm sure Mr. Tan won't be pleased to see his money being wasted like this, especially at this time, especially with the transfer window about to open.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm sure Mr. Tan won't be pleased to see his money being wasted like this, especially at this time, especially with the transfer window about to open.
    I think he's a lot wiser to things than he used to be. He'll have been aware that if Tomlin can take the opportunity to get his career back on track then £1.5m is a bargain. Didn't work out that way, well, Warnock's other dealings have compensated for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Was 1.5 million on a player worth far more.

A waste yes, but one that can be explained quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Was 1.5 million on a player worth far more.

A waste yes, but one that can be explained quite easily.
    Absolutely. Fit, head on right Tomlin's a definite bargain.

I have been thinking about the situation today. It's as clear as mud. Why put him on the bench and not bring him on chasing an equalizer yesterday. Why send him on as a sub and take him off. Why spend money on him at all. He hasnt set the work alight granted but I Reckon he adds something especially from the bench. I have only seen him start in the flesh once this season v Sheff Utd, he could have scored a hat trick that evening and he at least should have scored one. He never of course but I thought he will be decent. I have seen him come on and change a game as sub and do well.

It's obviously going wrong and at the risk of going around in Circles what's going on? I can't watch enough live games to see his body language or Warnocks as it happens. I haven't a clue. Must be something. I hope its Tomlin and not Warnock if that makes sense.

Usually, the simplest common sense answer is the correct one.

Tomlin has all the skill in the world, since Peterborough hasn't managed 2 seasons at a club. Fitness, attitude.

Warnock already said he'd not want Taarabt here, he may have felt Tomlin was less of a problem to handle than Taarabt was. Court case then emerged, who knows what else has gone on. I just think Warnock has given him a very short leash and has probably realised now that Tomlin isn't changing / Warnock doesn't want to continually put the effort in to change him.

An absolute pity I really rate Tomlin's ability but that's not enough. If he has blown his chance here, I can't seem him achieving much from now on. He'll bounce around clubs, every manager thinking they can be the one to "fix" him.

With the exception of Peterborough, I’d be interested in who hasn’t had a loss on Tomlin in recent years.

We undoubtedly did. No way Cardiff paid us the £2.5m it’s understood we paid for him.
    Johnson and Ashton took the view it was better to take money now rather than have in the changing room a character who was clearly divisive and only going to ever be warming the bench.

Bournemouth paid £3.5m for him so they took a loss too before Howe told him to get out.

So if Cardiff cut their losses in Jan, that’s 3 losses in a row.
    There will be clubs willing to take him for the right price. He’s got undoubted talent.

But that’s Neil Warnock added to Lee Johnson and Eddie Howe who decide he’s more trouble than he’s worth.

Such a shame because he could have played at the top level with the right attitude.

Lee Tomlin

I wonder if he is becoming a disruptive influence in the changing room causing the recent downturn in form by the team?
    Warnock is obviously not happy with Tomlin as he won't pick him to play and I guess Tomlin is probably not too happy with Warnock for the same reason..

If he is a disruptive influence in the changing room and I emphasise, If, then he needs to be shipped out as soon as possible.

Re: Lee Tomlin

If history is any predictor, I wouldn't say you're too far off the mark.

Becoming a bit of a scapegoat imo

Yet others seem to be willing to use Warnock as a major escaped goat imo.

Sell him and move on , he should be coming on and winning games, bloody show pony,he ought to be grateful to be in our City ,Brizzies must be chuckling .