+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My Thoughts on yesterday - updated

My Thoughts on yesterday - updated

My original opinion was that we were bereft of confidence and maybe the belief that has been there all season was ebbing away.

Having watched the highlights I can only say that City looked a complete and utter pile of spineless garbage. The 'great' Joe Ralls let one Fulham player stroll past him for the 1st goal, and stood still while another Fulham player walked around him for the 3rd. All mixed in with slow, ponderous verses lively and energetic.

If that lot were putting in a full 100% then God help us for the rest of the season - and I honestly don't think they were..

Re: My Thoughts on yesterday - updated

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    My original opinion was that we were bereft of confidence and maybe the belief that has been there all season was ebbing away.

Having watched the highlights I can only say that City looked a complete and utter pile of spineless garbage. The 'great' Joe Ralls let one Fulham player stroll past him for the 1st goal, and stood still while another Fulham player walked around him for the 3rd. All mixed in with slow, ponderous verses lively and energetic.

If that lot were putting in a full 100% then God help us for the rest of the season - and I honestly don't think they were..
    Bloody hell, go to the doctors and get some depression tablets quick.

Lose 2 bloody games and the knives are well and truly out

Ridiculous to single out Ralls who's been a key player in our success this season and who held his own against an excellent Fulham midfield.

Looking at the goals, there were awful tackling attempts from Bennett twice and what was Bamba doing with that slide !
    Peltier and Manga were also made to look stupid.

Parks level defending from DEFENDERS... yet you single out Ralls who'd probably ran more miles than anyone when those tackle opportunities happened.

I'm wondering if there's another agenda here. Is he someone you were criticising before and have been a bit put out by all the praise he's got ?

Just seems really odd

All teams have a bad run best get it out of the way now

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    All teams have a bad run best get it out of the way now
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Ridiculous to single out Ralls who's been a key player in our success this season and who held his own against an excellent Fulham midfield.

Looking at the goals, there were awful tackling attempts from Bennett twice and what was Bamba doing with that slide !

Parks level defending from DEFENDERS... yet you single out Ralls who'd probably ran more miles than anyone when those tackle opportunities happened.

I'm wondering if there's another agenda here. Is he someone you were criticising before and have been a bit put out by all the praise he's got ?

Just seems really odd

Ralls was the only player worth his wages yesterday

Zahore was ok, but you could see the rustyness in him, which is to be expected.

Ralls was covering for the other inept midfield players.

Just seems really odd
    He's over-rated for sure, and I'm surprised at the 'praise' he's been getting lately. Though I reckon with Gunnarson's absence there's not really anyone else to heap praise on. [of course if Ralls gets injured then no doubt Bryson will be the poster boy].

Whatever the merits of individual players, it was a spineless performance..

Ive just rewatched the game after seeing at the ground yesterday.

We struggled with the very high line Fulham were holding, reducing the space for us to play. All the space was in behind, however i don't think our wingers were running in behind, nor did w have anyone good enough to find them.

Also we seemed to play a pressing game, which fulham just passed the ball around us, drawing us out as we closed them down, then passing into the space. Im thinking a more counter attack style would have suited us better, hitting them fast on the break. Bamba setting in front of the back 4 or even halford, keeping our a shape, a narrow back 4, forcing fulham to go wide and not allowing them through as we did yesterday. Not once did we look solid at the back at all.

Tomlin - he didn't even warm up before the game, and not once did he warm up during the game. Very strange. Although this wasn't his type of game I don't think, his space would have been severely limited with Fulhams high pressing game.

Paterson- looked motivated and won several headers, even after he had injured his head? seemed to be holding it quite a but.

Damour - thought he looked out of his depth yesterday, although its a thankless stark playing in our midfield with our lack of movement. we are like statues, the best passing teams move 2-3 passes ahead of the play. We just stand there and wonder why there is no one for the man in possession to pass too.

some tinkering definitely needed with the side and style of play. Just seemed a disorganised mess at times yesterday. We need to be solid and hard to beat again.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Spot on.
    Yep ask the Blades and poor old Joe doesn't play for them , I feel we are asking too much of him with Gunnerson out ,he needs help not critism.

Under Warnock he's come such a long way .

The whole team looked jaded , our strength from the bench is gone, as Jackson Browne famously sang " we running on empty"

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's over-rated for sure, and I'm surprised at the 'praise' he's been getting lately. Though I reckon with Gunnarson's absence there's not really anyone else to heap praise on. [of course if Ralls gets injured then no doubt Bryson will be the poster boy].

Whatever the merits of individual players, it was a spineless performance..
    So I was right.
    You were singling him out to justify your negative view of him.

Just as well all our managers have a bit more faith in the lad than you

So I was right.
    You were singling him out to justify your negative view of him.

Just as well all our managers have a bit more faith in the lad than you
    He reminds me of Mark Bonner.

You'd not say "god, this guy is amazing" but gets on with his job quietly, allowing others to do their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Zahore ...
    YEEEHAWWWWW