+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: N/T Any TV, AV Receiver, Sky Q experts out there please...

N/T Any TV, AV Receiver, Sky Q experts out there please...

I have a new 4K TV with Sky Q and AV Receiver (amplifier) with 5 surround speakers 5.1
    Hooked up properly (I think = spoken with Richersounds) - but The AV Receiver (amp) will not play the Sky TV sound though the speakers - picture perfect
    AV Receiver will play music through 5 speakers with Bluetooth connection to iPhone iTunes

Any advice gratefully accepted

Re: N/T Any TV, AV Receiver, Sky Q experts out there please...

Link the Sky box directly to the tv. Any sound issues that way?

If not then check the audio output from the Sky box to make sure it defaults to 5.1. I don't have a Sky box so can't really give you too much advice on menus etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Link the Sky box directly to the tv. Any sound issues that way?

If not then check the audio output from the Sky box to make sure it defaults to 5.1. I don't have a Sky box so can't really give you too much advice on menus etc.
    Thanks Maccy, Sky direct to TV and sound is fine - from surround sound speakers dont work

Ok in that case swap the hdmi lead with one that works with the surround sound that you know actually works - or it may seem silly but swap the ends round.

If that doesn't work then set the output to 1080i and not 1080p or 4k and see if that works.

Failing that then look up the make of the amp along with 'sky Q no sound' and see what help there is.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    If that doesn't work then set the output to 1080i and not 1080p or 4k and see if that works.

Failing that then look up the make of the amp along with 'sky Q no sound' and see what help there is.
    Thanks Maccy - can you believe the actual issue was that "H" for "HDMI" was not selected for on the remote control of the AV amplifier!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Thanks Maccy - can you believe the actual issue was that "H" for "HDMI" was not selected for on the remote control of the AV amplifier!
    Glad you got it sorted. Sadly I live quite a way from you - if I had been local I would have come and had a look at the set up - it is a bit difficult trying to troubleshoot when you can't see it.