+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis Hamilton sorry for 'inappropriate' comment to nephew

Lewis Hamilton sorry for 'inappropriate' comment to nephew

Christmas Day Lewis posted a Video on Instagram:

"I'm so sad right now. Look at my nephew."

The camera moves to a young boy wearing a blue and pink princess dress and waving around a pink heart-shaped furry wand.

Hamilton asks the boy: "Why are you wearing a princess dress? Is this what you got for Christmas?"

When his nephew says yes, Hamilton replies: "Why did you ask for a princess dress for Christmas?"

He then tells the boy: "Boys don't wear princess dresses!"

The youngster turns away and cover his eyes.

Boxing Day Tweets:

@LewisHamilton
    Yesterday I was playing around with my nephew and realised that my words were inappropriate so I removed the post. I meant no harm and did not mean to offend anyone at all. I love that my nephew feels free to express himself as we all should.

6:09 PM - Dec 26, 2017

My deepest apologies for my behaviour as I realise it is really not acceptable for anyone, no matter where you are from, to marginalise or stereotype anyone.

6:11 PM - Dec 26, 2017

I have always been in support of anyone living their life exactly how they wish and I hope I can be forgiven for this lapse in judgement.

6:11 PM - Dec 26, 2017

Overstepping the Mark.

Re: Lewis Hamilton sorry for 'inappropriate' comment to nephew

Overstepping the mark??

Ffs you can't say anything these days whatever happened to free speech

Celebrity's never learn. Have a quiet word. Don't film it.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Ffs you can't say anything these days whatever happened to free speech
    Partly , the situation is that almost everything is played out on Social Media - still a relatively recent phenomenon.
    Huge swathes of society are obsessed by celebrity / celebrities and their daily drivel.

We can still say anything we want. For now at least ;)

But if you post it globally - there it is! - and others will comment.
    If it is contentious, then plenty will react.

Why has he apologised?

Because people have been all "ooooh boys can wear dresses you homophobe / transphobe".

The lesson for us all is always carry a Kylo Ren outfit when planning on tweeting a video of your nephew when visiting family at Christmas. Save the kiurfufle

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    ..Overstepping the Mark.
    Agreed, utter sicko

Hang on. Didn't he ( Hamilton) win worst dressed man. Countless images of him looking a state online the cheeky fek. I've gone full circle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why has he apologised?
    Because people said he should

Brendan O'Neill on the witch-hunting of Lewis Hamilton for saying boys shouldn't wear dresses:

'Hamilton has now apologised. He has prostrated himself before the middle-class media mob and begged for its forgiveness. Literally. "I hope I can be forgiven for this lapse in judgement", he said. This is such an ugly spectacle. That people can be forced by mob pressure to plead publicly for forgiveness for their opinion is immeasurably worse than anything Hamilton said. It points to a tyranny of conformism, an informal yet brutal policing of public opinion, the rise of an unforgiving morality-guarding brigade that will trample over any different or daring ideas and demand absolute obedience to the okayed ideologies. If you think Hamilton's video was "horrifying" but this response is okay, then your moral compass is officially broken.'
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...7#.WkOFGFSFjOQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    The best reason of all

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    The best reason of all

Od course he should apologise. First of all, who the **** is he to berate someone else's child about what they want for Christmas? Secondly, he obviously sees this as something humiliating so he decides to put it on social media?

If a family member did that to my kids I'd ****ing batter them.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Od course he should apologise. First of all, who the **** is he to berate someone else's child about what they want for Christmas? Secondly, he obviously sees this as something humiliating so he decides to put it on social media?

If a family member did that to my kids I'd ****ing batter them.
    funny enough, as i was reading this thread, i thought " what would i do if my Brother did that to one of my girls "
    the answer was " Give him a right kicking "

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Why has he apologised?
    I think it was for the nose stud, boys don't have nose studs.

Why does an adult feel he has to expose this so publicly , he is a right numpty

Brendan O'Neill on the witch-hunting of Lewis Hamilton for saying boys shouldn't wear dresses:

'Hamilton has now apologised. He has prostrated himself before the middle-class media mob and begged for its forgiveness. Literally. "I hope I can be forgiven for this lapse in judgement", he said. This is such an ugly spectacle. That people can be forced by mob pressure to plead publicly for forgiveness for their opinion is immeasurably worse than anything Hamilton said. It points to a tyranny of conformism, an informal yet brutal policing of public opinion, the rise of an unforgiving morality-guarding brigade that will trample over any different or daring ideas and demand absolute obedience to the okayed ideologies. If you think Hamilton's video was "horrifying" but this response is okay, then your moral compass is officially broken.'
    I prefer to hate Lewis for being an arrogant tax-exile. I also hate Brendan O'Neill for making a career out of being all dramatic when some people with lots of time on their hands moan about something someone said on twitter - Yeah Brendan I am sure the fabric of society is falling apart because Hamilton got told off for shaming a little kid.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Why does an adult feel he has to expose this so publicly , he is a right numpty
    Desperate for likes/views etc. Being the best in the world at something isn't enough for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I prefer to hate Lewis for being an arrogant tax-exile. I also hate Brendan O'Neill for making a career out of being all dramatic when some people with lots of time on their hands moan about something someone said on twitter - Yeah Brendan I am sure the fabric of society is falling apart because Hamilton got told off for shaming a little kid.
    The problem is, when said people have an effect then people like O'Neill become relevant. I wish I could dismiss them as easily as you do. And I'm sure that kid will be mentally scarred for the rest of his days. Counselling, therapy etc... yup that kind of "shaming" must be soul destroying....

The offending video.

Odd that this site which trumpets "Help us fight for Free Speech" also says you have to contact someone if you want to republish their articles.

We live in a strange world - people can make a career out of getting outraged about what someone says or does and others can do the same by getting outraged at those who are outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Blue View Post
    The problem is, when said people have an effect then people like O'Neill become relevant. I wish I could dismiss them as easily as you do. And I'm sure that kid will be mentally scarred for the rest of his days. Counselling, therapy etc... yup that kind of "shaming" must be soul destroying....
    See you can dismiss things, you did a great job of dismissing the child's feelings, just apply that in different circumstances and you are set.

What a bellend

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    See you can dismiss things, you did a great job of dismissing the child's feelings, just apply that in different circumstances and you are set.
    The same child who was laughing throughout the video?