Thread: Bryson

Bryson

😂

Re: Bryson

Good player, underrated by most here.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Agree, he's at a new club, suppose someone has to be the fall guy , for recent downturn, hope this is not the start of a new anti Whitts campaign, I even remember folk on this board having go at Mcphail back in the day.

What is it with midfielders, oh I know, its the toughest job in the team and first to get a bashing , you need to consider our defence performance as well .

:D:DxD

I like your sense of humour (or rather your lack of one)

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    :D:DxD

I like your sense of humour (or rather your lack of one)
    Bet you slagged off McPhail back in the day.

He loves Slade though. Bizarre.

ACTUALLY!

no, no I didn't. He had a role to play and did it well, Bryson is a racehorse. Wrong sport

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He loves Slade though. Bizarre.
    Nothing wrong with Slade.

What does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What does he do?
    Yes, good question, because I'd love to know too.

He runs around a lot, sees very little of the ball, doesn't tackle much and hardly ever makes a decent pass. He just burns up energy needlessly, chasing shadows and arriving seconds too late as the ball is passed to another player - and off he goes again ... like a dog chasing a stick!

Those who try to defend him will say that he does a lot of good work off the ball and closes down the opposition blah blah blah...
    It's like they are more knowledgeable supporters because they can see this and the rest of us can't.

Bryson is a bluffer ... he thinks that what he does is in keeping with Warnock's work ethic but it's just unintelligent play. We're stuck with him the whole season, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

He runs around a lot, sees very little of the ball, doesn't tackle much and hardly ever makes a decent pass. He just burns up energy needlessly, chasing shadows and arriving seconds too late as the ball is passed to another player - and off he goes again ... like a dog chasing a stick!

Those who try to defend him will say that he does a lot of good work off the ball and closes down the opposition blah blah blah...
    It's like they are more knowledgeable supporters because they can see this and the rest of us can't.

Bryson is a bluffer ... he thinks that what he does is in keeping with Warnock's work ethic but it's just unintelligent play. We're stuck with him the whole season, right?
    I expected much more from Bryson when he signed - based on the bits and pieces I had seen of him with Derby in recent years. The goal on his debut promised much - but then he seemed to slip back (maybe injuries and team selection were a factor) into the yappy terrier role that he has since perfected.

However, I am not convinced that what he does is unintelligent or useless. I was amazed by his performance away at Forest (until he sloooowly dragged himself off the pitch to be replaced by Halford). He ran himself into the ground. He barely made a tackle or a pass but he did rush the whole Forest backline and their central midfielders every time they had the ball - and that often led to them giving possession back to Cardiff very cheaply. He was a bloody nuisance. I'm not sure that is enough to justify selection in every game - but in some cases it is just what we need, provided there are others around him doing a different job and providing the bite, the skill and the finishing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What does he do?
    This question sums up Bryson nicely.

/EndThread

Anyone now think Bryson is better than Ledley? Warnock apparently did in the Summer, big mistake?

Teams lose even man city will likely lose at some point this season we're all starting to sound like biter spoilt children the last couple of days have resulted in that every player is shit

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Teams lose even man city will likely lose at some point this season we're all starting to sound like biter spoilt children the last couple of days have resulted in that every player is shit
    Sensible words again Jamie

And - after all that has been said on here about the collective attitude of the fans of a couple of the teams around us.. ;)

A win or two will shore it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Sensible words again Jamie

And - after all that has been said on here about the collective attitude of the fans of a couple of the teams around us.. ;)

A win or two will shore it all up.
    This, I think our male fans are among the most negative, miserable old gits in the footballing world. I’m absolutely loving this season and so should all of you.

Does not impose himself in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Anyone now think Bryson is better than Ledley? Warnock apparently did in the Summer, big mistake?
    Bryson is utterly useless and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting 11.

is Bryson better than Ledley? yes he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

What a load of rubbish. Bryson has been one of the most consistently good midfield players in the Championship over a period of at least five years. During our good performances over the last three months he was one of the main reasons for it, with his closing down, tackling and chasing and his play complimented Gunnarssons well - he is missing him now he is out injured and his below par performances in the last two games are because of this and also that he is just coming back from an injury himself. Give him a break and drop the sanctimonious comments about people who like him - you are in the minority here not the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    What a load of rubbish. Bryson has been one of the most consistently good midfield players in the Championship over a period of at least five years. During our good performances over the last three months he was one of the main reasons for it, with his closing down, tackling and chasing and his play complimented Gunnarssons well - he is missing him now he is out injured and his below par performances in the last two games are because of this and also that he is just coming back from an injury himself. Give him a break and drop the sanctimonious comments about people who like him - you are in the minority here not the rest of us.
    Couldn't bring yourself to say that Bryson is still one of the the most consistently good midfield players in the Championship, huh?

Just like Whittingham has been one of the best midfield players in the Championship ... but now struggles to nail down a starting place in Division One - football is all about the "here & now".
    For what it's worth, I was critical of Bryson before the recent blip in the team's form.

If Bryson is that poor who do you play.

And whoever's picked in that spot would he
    be asked to operate any differently, are these negative comments underlying Warnock ones ?

My "what does he do?" may have looked flippant, but I was being genuine - can someone who defends him on here tell me what he contributes?

There were plenty of Derby fans who said that Bryson had been a great player for them in the past, but had dropped below those standards in the previous two seasons. As he was thirty when he signed for us (he was thirty one last month), I took that to mean that his legs were going. However, there were reports that in a recent game (think it might have been Barnsley) that he ran further than any City player had done since they started measuring distance covered in a game and on Tuesday he was still one of our most energetic players at the end of the game, despite the fact he has only just recovered from injury.

Therefore, I think I was wrong to form the conclusion I did about his legs going, or at least I was wrong to think he was losing stamina and energy. However, despite the complimentary comment above about his "closing down, tackling and chasing", I see very little evidence of that every week or, to be more accurate, I see very little effective closing down, tackling and chasing from Bryson - that's not to say that the intention to do those things is not there, it certainly is, but it seems to me that Bryson is usually a little late in getting there to provide that closing down and sides can play around him quite easily, so, maybe, his legs are going in terms of speed and acceleration?

Anyway, there was far more to Bryson's game during his best days at Derby than closing down, tackling and chasing. He was a real goal threat with an ability to time his attacking runs to perfection and he contributed with some neat passing in and around the penalty area as well. The only time we've seen the old Bryson in terms of that goal threat was with his fine goal at Sunderland and it's strange, that, having made it all look so easy that day, we've seen nothing remotely like that since from him.

As I say, there are those who rate Bryson on here and I look forward to any attempts to prove to me that I'm wrong, but I'm afraid that, although I thought he did better in the second half on Tuesday, all I see is someone who gets on the ball very few times and struggles to fulfill the defensive side of his game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I expected much more from Bryson when he signed - based on the bits and pieces I had seen of him with Derby in recent years. The goal on his debut promised much - but then he seemed to slip back (maybe injuries and team selection were a factor) into the yappy terrier role that he has since perfected.

However, I am not convinced that what he does is unintelligent or useless. I was amazed by his performance away at Forest (until he sloooowly dragged himself off the pitch to be replaced by Halford). He ran himself into the ground. He barely made a tackle or a pass but he did rush the whole Forest backline and their central midfielders every time they had the ball - and that often led to them giving possession back to Cardiff very cheaply. He was a bloody nuisance. I'm not sure that is enough to justify selection in every game - but in some cases it is just what we need, provided there are others around him doing a different job and providing the bite, the skill and the finishing.
    Best contribution to this thread so far and I tend to agree, although more hoping we just have not seen the best of him yet. Maybe the addition of another CM player will help.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I can tell you what he does Bob - he does whatever the manager tells him to do - so if he is 'just running around a bit' - then I presume that is because Neil and Ronnie have asked him to. If he ran around doing cartwheels do you think it was because he just fancied doing them - or because he was told to ?

I'm guessing here - but I think Wanrock wants Bryson to fulfil the 'Gunnarson role' as best he can
    How many players follow orders given to them by their manager ... I'd guess nearly all of them? Even the greatest of players have instructions they need to adhere to.

I don't think for one moment that Warnock and his team tell him to just run around a bit, I'm sure they'd also expect something more constructive from the player.

Bryson huffs and puffs, without ever looking likely to blow the house down!

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I can tell you what he does Bob - he does whatever the manager tells him to do - so if he is 'just running around a bit' - then I presume that is because Neil and Ronnie have asked him to. If he ran around doing cartwheels do you think it was because he just fancied doing them - or because he was told to ?

I'm guessing here - but I think Wanrock wants Bryson to fulfil the 'Gunnarson role' as best he can
    I'm not sure if you are being serious there or not.