....possibly says this report

http://sportwitness.co.uk/champions-...ed-midfielder/

He won't be short of suitors anyway.

Re: Besiktas eyeing Gunnarsson...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ....possibly says this report

http://sportwitness.co.uk/champions-...ed-midfielder/

He won't be short of suitors anyway.
    His agent getting the ball rolling looking for new suitors perhaps?
    I wonder if he will be reviled for running his contract down?

He may wait till the World Cup to decide. Can't see Gunnar going this Jan.

I think we should sell , it will, become a Ledley moment otherwise .

Can't sell if he doesn't want to go to that club.

Knows he can just run his contract down, get a bigger signing on fee as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Can't sell if he doesn't want to go to that club.

Knows he can just run his contract down, get a bigger signing on fee as a result.
    Unless they flash the cash ,wagd wise , it usually turns a chaps head.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Unless they flash the cash ,wagd wise , it usually turns a chaps head.
    Would have to be one hell of an offer - massively overpaying a Championship midfielder with weaknesses to his game.

Cynical old me wonders if the lengthy delay in him returning to action is down to a desire to fully heal up for the WC, get fully sorted for next club.

If he won’t sign a new contract we should sell in January?

Would have to be one hell of an offer - massively overpaying a Championship midfielder with weaknesses to his game.

Cynical old me wonders if the lengthy delay in him returning to action is down to a desire to fully heal up for the WC, get fully sorted for next club.
    Its not a cynical thought !

I felt and mentioned the same as soon as they qualified, even if he was fit would we still see him mentally motivated into those injury risk 50/50 challenges.

He's a good lad and has been great for us , in particular under Warnock.

I would have loved him to sign a contract last year then make him our captain as he is for his country.

Think the lad wants to taste something else and who can blame him , he's nearing 29 so I guess the next contract is critical to him and one that is at least 4 years long, it's not an old man's postion in the role he plays .

NW stated they'd tried to get him fit but he needed an op on Xmas eve to remove a piece of bone from his ankle. I don't think there's anything sinister going on here. When he's fit Gunnar's will want to play...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    NW stated they'd tried to get him fit but he needed an op on Xmas eve to remove a piece of bone from his ankle. I don't think there's anything sinister going on here. When he's fit Gunnar's will want to play...
    I'm just reminded of the way Medel disappeared after Christmas for us. I'm very much of the mind that since he's leaving and needs replacing, get a replacement in Jan.

I'm just reminded of the way Medel disappeared after Christmas for us. I'm very much of the mind that since he's leaving and needs replacing, get a replacement in Jan.
    Of course we need a replacement for him, but he's going to want to be match fit for the World Cup and he knows he'll get that game time here. I think Gunnar is exactly what we need for the rest of the season and I think he wants the promotion as much as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    If he won’t sign a new contract we should sell in January?
    How? He has a contract to the summer. The club can't dictate if he moves on.

He has (allegedly) said he wants to stay to the end of the season and try to get us promoted. Warnock has said he's happy with that - and implied there is a very good chance of Gunnar signing a new contract if we do go up.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

He has (allegedly) said he wants to stay to the end of the season and try to get us promoted. Warnock has said he's happy with that - and implied there is a very good chance of Gunnar signing a new contract if we do go up.
    Is he really good enough if we did go up?

I have no problem with him or any other player running down their contract. They're still honouring their deal. And they're taking a gamble. He could break is leg in his next game and never get paid again.

How much is he worth a week?

If he isn't going to try for Cardiff in order to be fit for the world cup, why would another club come in and sign him in January.

He's got to perform in the run up to make the actual team first.....

He can do better than going to Turkey to play but they will offer him massive money I expect

He would suit the Italian or German game that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Theres a flip side to your argument.He has stated he wouldn't mind playing in Europe and City could make a few bob out of a transfer now.As good as he is he's not irreplaceable and as a player with a decent reputation at the moment theres never been a better time to negotiate what would be his last chance to secure a good deal for himself.