+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New midfielder any ideas ?

Re: New midfielder any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Really? What makes you say that? Warnock reputation (for me anyway) is one of spotting diamonds in the rough and melding them into a team. What do you think he’d do for Woodburn’s development? Don’t get me wrong - I’d love to see Woodburn join us, but I don’t think Warnock would be the attraction
    He's better off playing in a Fulham / Derby type team. I dont think he'd get Warnock

I'm on about the club and backroom , Gerrard didn't look to happy with his comment , its not just down to just the player.

Could we get Seyi Olofinjana out of retirement?

He's only 37 - and for a time back in 2020-11 even eclipsed the great Gavin Rae!

I believe he is now employed in the Wolves academy, so would come with an insight into the world of total football that we all admire from afar!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Could we get Seyi Olofinjana out of retirement?

He's only 37 - and for a time back in 2020-11 even eclipsed the great Gavin Rae!

I believe he is now employed in the Wolves academy, so would come with an insight into the world of total football that we all admire from afar!
    Yep, he seemed a world beater first few games...then he got injured and never did anything good after.

He's not a midfielder but I am a fan of Nhaki Wells. He's not getting games. Midfield wise I think Yacob could be good. Colback as well. Gritty + types in midfield. Adam if he's fit would obviously be good. Hes done my head in previously so that's always a good sign.

Would love to see Barry Bannon here.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    He's not a midfielder but I am a fan of Nhaki Wells. He's not getting games. Midfield wise I think Yacob could be good. Colback as well. Gritty + types in midfield. Adam if he's fit would obviously be good. Hes done my head in previously so that's always a good sign.
    Adam did my head in with his dirty targeting of Bale.
    At this level he was brilliant for Blackpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Would love to see Barry Bannon here.
    Spedger
    Great player. Reckon he would be the missing piece if the jigsaw. It won't be him though worst luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Adam did my head in with his dirty targeting of Bale.
    At this level he was brilliant for Blackpool.
    I reckon he would still cut it here. Was x rated on Bale. With my City hat on though I would be willing to overlook it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I reckon he would still cut it here. Was x rated on Bale. With my City hat on though I would be willing to overlook it.
    But will Adam and Bale get on when we sign him in July?

cant see why we would want Charlie Adam, he is passed his best and not known for his tacking, If we get Tomlin fit then he will run games but we need a solid midfield behind him? Why not go for Nick Powell at Wigan or Leadbetter at Boro?

We need 3 of the feckers

Johnny Vegas to replace Tomlin.
    I know its effectively like for like, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    cant see why we would want Charlie Adam, he is passed his best and not known for his tacking, If we get Tomlin fit then he will run games but we need a solid midfield behind him? Why not go for Nick Powell at Wigan or Leadbetter at Boro?
    I reckon Pulis will fancy Leadbetter to do a job there. Can't see him letting him go. Good shout if he does though. Charlie Adam is not the most imaginative signing granted but I still think he would be fine. Certainly an upgrade on Damour who falls between 2 stools.

Definite upgrade on Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    But will Adam and Bale get on when we sign him in July?
    Does Bale play much now ?

Charlie Adam being by passed by the much superior Chelsea midfield on motd now. Drinkwater scored a nice one. Thought he was very ordinary for us.

Edit.. He's played 2 balls so far that Ken would love to run onto. More than the entire City team put together in the last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Johnny Vegas to replace Tomlin.
    I know its effectively like for like, but you never know.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

:|