+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New midfielder any ideas ?

New midfielder any ideas ?

Who's it going to be? Any ideas? Suggestions that It might be a Premier league player in Walesonline. Who's not getting game time there?

Re: New midfielder any ideas ?

I'll guess at someone like Yacob at West Brom, Steve Sidwell at Brighton or Charlie Adam at Stoke.

I’ll guess at Ben Watson or Jack Colback

I'd like two, a tougher bully type, and a Jordan Mutch box to box , it's the hardest postion on a field of play in my experience , that's why I try and avoid critisism of players like Ralls or Bryson, they are propping us up at the moment .

We seem to have been weak in this department for a while and can clearly remeber Gunnerson and Whitts partnership not working .

If we could magic up another Mcphail it would be heaven.

I think we could do with a physical presence in there.

Collback be good too.

Always liked Grant Leadbitter's performances against us.

Seems out of favour at Boro, unless "spunky Monkey", didn't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd like two, a tougher bully type, and a Jordan Mutch box to box , it's the hardest postion on a field of play in my experience , that's why I try and avoid critisism of players like Ralls or Bryson, they are propping us up at the moment .

We seem to have been weak in this department for a while and can clearly remeber Gunnerson and Whitts partnership not working .

If we could magic up another Mcphail it would be heaven.
    Have to agree with 'hardest position to play'

Even worse coming on as sub.other positions it's a fairly consistent requirement... but in midfield sometimes you need to carry, or pas short or pass long, tackle, mark, shoot and then the game can sometimes pass you by. Opponents vary so much in where they are strong and so often you can be chasing shadows because others aren't doing their jobs.

Hence why I felt Ralls and Bryson did OK- especially considering it was Bryson's first game back.

It's Charlie Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    It's Charlie Adam.
    “HmmMMmmMmmm”

Jack Colback, Luke Freeman, George Saville. Think only the first is particularly realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by ae15 View Post
    Jack Colback, Luke Freeman, George Saville. Think only the first is particularly realistic.
    Second two, plus Luonga would be excellent, but all would come with hefty fees.

Colback's wages won't be cheap either.., or Adam's.

I'd love to see Adam here, but is he fit ?
    He's only made 6 appearances this season for Stoke

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'll guess at someone like Yacob at West Brom, Steve Sidwell at Brighton or Charlie Adam at Stoke.
    Adam would be great if fit.
    Sidwell hasn't played a game this season, so I wouldn't be keen.

Honestly don't know the position with Jacob, so can't comment on that.

I see Tettey is back in Norwich's side.

Would he be an option ?

I'm expecting Warnock to pull a rabbit out of the hat

Long term admirer of charlie adams

Anyone on here still think Bryson is better than Joe Ledley? Adams a dirty B but may be a good fit and he owes us after ensuring little Blackpool beat us in the playoff final!

Colback or Adam

I think we need a winger - don't rate Harris personally, all pace no sizzle for me.

Liverpool are making noises about loaning Woodburn out - I'd have in a heartbeat so Hoilett / Mendez-Laing have competition/ can be rested.

International

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I think we need a winger - don't rate Harris personally, all pace no sizzle for me.

Liverpool are making noises about loaning Woodburn out - I'd have in a heartbeat so Hoilett / Mendez-Laing have competition/ can be rested.
    This would fit Liverpool's preferred options too. Go to a side that is in a competetive position, but re not a direct threat to themselves.
    A team contesting the top of the chamionship would seem ideal. And if he can survive half a season in this league it will make him a much better and tougher player.

we can dream!

How long is it going to take Charlie Adam to get match fit?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    This would fit Liverpool's preferred options too. Go to a side that is in a competetive position, but re not a direct threat to themselves.
    A team contesting the top of the chamionship would seem ideal. And if he can survive half a season in this league it will make him a much better and tougher player.

we can dream!
    I should imagine Liverpool would like to keep Woodburn closer to home, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I should imagine Liverpool would like to keep Woodburn closer to home, but you never know.
    Maybe, but they'd also take into account Warnock's man management ability. I'm sure they'd rather have Warnock developing him than other managers.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Maybe, but they'd also take into account Warnock's man management ability. I'm sure they'd rather have Warnock developing him than other managers.
    What about the boarded up windows comment ,and Bamba is better than their latest signing moment he's not loved up there ,anyway we want experience,surely ?

What about the boarded up windows comment ,and Bamba is better than their latest signing moment he's not loved up there ,anyway we want experience,surely ?
    Really? What makes you say that? Warnock reputation (for me anyway) is one of spotting diamonds in the rough and melding them into a team. What do you think he’d do for Woodburn’s development? Don’t get me wrong - I’d love to see Woodburn join us, but I don’t think Warnock would be the attraction

Do you think they seriously care about the comments?

Warnock stated Van Dijk had better attributes on the ball than Bamba (true), he felt Bamba is the better defensively. You think they are going to get really butt-hurt about that?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Always liked Grant Leadbitter's performances against us.

Seems out of favour at Boro, unless "spunky Monkey", didn't like him.
    I'd take him.

Maybe grown ups don't take nasty little comments too seriously.