+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carvahal given Swansea job

Carvahal given Swansea job

Until end of season

Re: Carvahal given Swansea job

From one championship club to another

Hasn’t done great at Sheff Wed this season but done well previously.
    Don’t think he’s a poor manager in the slightest, hopeully he’s shite for them mind.

Not a shit choice by ant stretch.

Except this one is worse than the one he left.

They will be chuffed with that. Plays good football but have they got the players.

Some of their muppet fans believed they could get Van Gaal!!!!

lets hope he has a stinker

He's now managed 17 clubs in 19 years - and that includes not managing between 2012 and 2015!
    No wonder he's only got a contract till the end of the season.

Sensible choice .

Don’t think he is what they need, a gamble, they have history with appointing lucky managers mind. Think the worm has finally turned down there, whatever happens they hate the hedge fund and Jenkins now

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Until end of season
    Interesting. I think that Gonzo and co are of the opinion that he'll play the 'Swansea Way' a bit like Leon tried to do against Liverpool the other night! Problem is that they don't have the players anymore. Clement new this, and had them organised at the back, problem was, they couldn't score. It'll be interesting to see them open up and take teams on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Interesting. I think that Gonzo and co are of the opinion that he'll play the 'Swansea Way' a bit like Leon tried to do against Liverpool the other night! Problem is that they don't have the players anymore. Clement new this, and had them organised at the back, problem was, they couldn't score. It'll be interesting to see them open up and take teams on.
    When do they play Man City again? Could be double figures.

I continue to warm to the Swansea owners. Choosing cheap options is a theme they appear determined to pursue.

Priceless - employ a bloke to manage you who in an interview a few weeks ago, after Sheff Wed had lost, stated that he had had enough, was probably was no longer good enough to manage Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship and didn't like the Championship anyway. Good luck with that one Carlos.

What an odd appointment they're in big trouble and their next 6 or so fixtures won't help

They should have employed Monk

Apparently they are now spinning it that Wednesday are only 14th due to crucial injuries.

Not like we've had any injuries or anything...

He's had 2 and a half seasons with one of the biggest budgets in the Championship and achieved bugger all.

It will be a very impressive improvement from him if he can turn Swansea around

Never mind, at least they can delude themselves about 'playing the right way' and jerk off about his flouncy continental accent

Extremely surprised they didn't go for Monk. The return of the Prodigal Son, the man who took them to the their highest ever position in the premier league etc etc.

Not that he would have saved them. Their squad is too pour for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    From one championship club to another

I really can't see them picking any points through January. And I can't imagine who they could bring that would make a difference.

Danny Ings? Charlie Adam?

Sheffield Wednesday fans view, posted on Planet Swamp. Not very complimentary

Wednesday fan in Peace.

This is the first time I've ever posted in another team's forum but you deserve to know what you've just done to yourselves.

Carlos Carvalhal is a fraud and I would have personally carried him to Swansea to get him out of our club. He's had more money in 2 years than every manager we've had for the last 20 years combined and achieved nothing. He has not been a success.

The squad that got to the pay off final was largely Stuart Gray's side and the spine of that team was, and still is, the players Gray signed on FREES or for very little money before Carlos and our new Chairman/Owner arrived: Kieran Westwood, Tom Lees, and Kieran Lee. He has still not addressed the deficiencies in the side that cost us the play off final almost 2 years later.

He's signed a load of Premier League crocks and has beens that aren't up to it and now we're stuck with FFP and can't offload them because no-one will pay their wages. He buys players that then never get near the squad: Urby Emmanuelson, Federico Venancio, Callum McManaman, Aiden McGeady & Almen Abdi to name but a few. He has literally pi55ed millions up the wall.

Not to mention the fact that he turned Jordan Rhodes, one of the most prolific goalscorers in Professional Football into a player completely devoid of confidence who couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo.

His tactics are dire and all he wants to do is play possession football with no cutting edge. We had FOUR shots on goal for the month of November. FOUR. We had 19 on Boxing day as soon as he leaves the club. It isn't a coincidence. He's gone safety first since last season and it's been awful. He had completely lost the dressing room IMHO and refused to try anything different when it was clear things weren't working for us.

We looked like a team of strangers first game of the season away at Preston and those players had been together for over 2 seasons. He should have been sacked then. Pray that he doesn't bring all his Portuguese Cronies as well. My gaffer is a Huddersfield ST Holder and she's delighted because it means they only have to worry about 2 spots now.

Good Luck for the rest of the season, you're going to need it. I genuinely feel for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

Wednesday fan in Peace.

This is the first time I've ever posted in another team's forum but you deserve to know what you've just done to yourselves.

Carlos Carvalhal is a fraud and I would have personally carried him to Swansea to get him out of our club. He's had more money in 2 years than every manager we've had for the last 20 years combined and achieved nothing. He has not been a success.

The squad that got to the pay off final was largely Stuart Gray's side and the spine of that team was, and still is, the players Gray signed on FREES or for very little money before Carlos and our new Chairman/Owner arrived: Kieran Westwood, Tom Lees, and Kieran Lee. He has still not addressed the deficiencies in the side that cost us the play off final almost 2 years later.

He's signed a load of Premier League crocks and has beens that aren't up to it and now we're stuck with FFP and can't offload them because no-one will pay their wages. He buys players that then never get near the squad: Urby Emmanuelson, Federico Venancio, Callum McManaman, Aiden McGeady & Almen Abdi to name but a few. He has literally pi55ed millions up the wall.

Not to mention the fact that he turned Jordan Rhodes, one of the most prolific goalscorers in Professional Football into a player completely devoid of confidence who couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo.

His tactics are dire and all he wants to do is play possession football with no cutting edge. We had FOUR shots on goal for the month of November. FOUR. We had 19 on Boxing day as soon as he leaves the club. It isn't a coincidence. He's gone safety first since last season and it's been awful. He had completely lost the dressing room IMHO and refused to try anything different when it was clear things weren't working for us.

We looked like a team of strangers first game of the season away at Preston and those players had been together for over 2 seasons. He should have been sacked then. Pray that he doesn't bring all his Portuguese Cronies as well. My gaffer is a Huddersfield ST Holder and she's delighted because it means they only have to worry about 2 spots now.

Good Luck for the rest of the season, you're going to need it. I genuinely feel for you all.
    Quite damning.
    Let’s hope he/she is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

Wednesday fan in Peace.

I feel content reading that!

"All he wants to do is play possession football with no end product". Perfect match, then.