+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: These ridiculous adverts

These ridiculous adverts

"They took the same picture for the last 40 years. Don't cry when you see the last one".... Don't worry I won't because I have no interest in ever seeing it.

Re: These ridiculous adverts

Get some form of ad blocker.

Most of them are free.

new here.

what is it with this sites hard-on for adverts?

going to take some getting use to

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoose View Post
    new here.

what is it with this sites hard-on for adverts?

going to take some getting use to
    Well you seem to be navigating the board like an old pro so far so best thing to do is ignore the ads and continue making a positive contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Well you seem to be navigating the board like an old pro so far so best thing to do is ignore the ads and continue making a positive contribution.

nice one cyril!

downloaded a ad blocker now as i kept clicking them accidentally.

Download Adblock Plus and the ads will no longer be a problem.

I've been thinking about this. Everyone says download an ad blocker but people shouldn't have to do that to enjoy a forum.

This forum used to be much more popular in the old days. It is a shadow of its former self. You look at Bristol city's OTIB forum and it's excellent. No adverts, good design and far more popular than ours. Time to drop the ads and find another way to resource it or continue to be smaller than Bristol City.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    I've been thinking about this. Everyone says download an ad blocker but people shouldn't have to do that to enjoy a forum.

This forum used to be much more popular in the old days. It is a shadow of its former self. You look at Bristol city's OTIB forum and it's excellent. No adverts, good design and far more popular than ours. Time to drop the ads and find another way to resource it or continue to be smaller than Bristol City.
    The fanbase is so split and as far as I can see there is 1 bristol city forum.

Imagine the 3 cardiff forums combined. The post count would be huge

I use an ad blocker on PC so it is fine but there is zero chance im using mobile. Never again after some pop up took over my phone and start making voice commands even when it was on silent. what was that!

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    The fanbase is so split and as far as I can see there is 1 bristol city forum.

Imagine the 3 cardiff forums combined. The post count would be huge

I use an ad blocker on PC so it is fine but there is zero chance im using mobile. Never again after some pop up took over my phone and start making voice commands even when it was on silent. what was that!
    I only know of 2 Cardiff forums. Even with those two together the activity does not match OTIB. And one thing that can't be argued is the design and lack of adverts on OTIB is far better than here.