+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff offer €7m for midfielder

Cardiff offer €7m for midfielder

Re: Cardiff offer €7m for midfielder

Its difficult to second guess this crap but the story does give weight to the move for Gunners.

Just under the logo on that site is "global football intelligence". Given the news seems overwhelimngly Turk related, it's some scrotey kid making shit up / copying from papers.

Might as well have written "EXCLUSIVE" and "lEaDEr" on it too.

Hands up who believes we'd make an offer of 7m Euros (£6.2m) for a player who has done cock all? No, me neither.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It wasn't rejected, it nevver happened...

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It wasn't rejected, it nevver happened...
    So either the highest circulating newspaper in Turkey, or you, is talking bollocks? Fair enough

So either the highest circulating newspaper in Turkey, or you, is talking bollocks? Fair enough
    I'd suggest anything believing we'd offer £6.2m for a player at this point in time is the one believing bollocks.

Silly season, media printing any old crap. Turkish media isn't immune from that.

I'd suggest anything believing we'd offer £6.2m for a player at this point in time is the one believing bollocks.

Silly season, media printing any old crap. Turkish media isn't immune from that.
    If Gunnarsson was included in that fee then it would be more plausible.
    I'm not saying it did or didn't happen but I wouldn't reject the story as a total fabrication.

I'm not saying it did or didn't happen but I wouldn't reject the story as a total fabrication.
    It wouldn't be more plausible - Gunnarsson's value is sweet FA. He's not that good that a team would desparately want to pay a substantial amount for him now when injured when they get him for free in summer. Even if they offered say £500k, that would mean we'd be paying £5.7m for a player - again, utterly out of step with the club's financial approach these days.

It's a total fabrication. From memory, not the first time we've been named in Turkish media about a player. The fact the source doesn't seem to grasp we're not paying big amounts these days just shows it's fake news.

The story is total fabrication. Anyone can sign Gunnarsson on a pre contract agreement in two days time for absolutely nothing but in any event Gunnarsson has already agreed that he will not sign for anyone until the summer, at which time he is also available for nothing. If you actually believe that we would or could sign anyone for £5m or over then you are the one who is deluded.

Donald is right fake news is out there >