+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone know how many games we have had a full starting 11 this season?

Anyone know how many games we have had a full starting 11 this season?

Anyone? Know there are a few stattos on here.

Re: Anyone know how many games we have had a full starting 11 this season?

1 the first game of the season and even then Camp and Patterson were injured so the answer is none

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Anyone? Know there are a few stattos on here.
    WTF is a full starting 11?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    WTF is a full starting 11?
    I think you know.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think you know.
    I've upset him in another thread by the looks of it.

Depends what you mean by what our strongest 11 would be.
    If Camp was brought in as the first choice keeper then the answer is none.
    Say for example he wasn’t then surely our strongest 11 is what Warnock says it is, not what we speculate.
    I imagine a lot of us would put Tomlin in our strongest 11 yet Warnock has been reluctant to play him even when ravaged by injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Say for example he wasn’t then surely our strongest 11 is what Warnock says it is, not what we speculate.
    I imagine a lot of us would put Tomlin in our strongest 11 yet Warnock has been reluctant to play him even when ravaged by injuries.
    Good point.

Each of us would pick a different team that's for sure.

Playing Manga at RB, Bamba as a midfielder, Hoilett as striker etc.
    I suspect NML would have been second being Harris had he not been injured, so that would make it zero games. Camp you think with experience would be first choice too.
    As Etheridge and NML have made the spots their own we could for argument sake make them "first choice" in those positions.
    Even going with the team we started out with on the first day of the season, how many games have we had with that team?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think you know.
    I really don't. Which players comprise this full 11?

Think every game we start with a full eleven players. I'm sure some wit with say "ten and a half if Halford plays".

There's no such thing as a "full 11". That harks back to the days when Liverpool used only 14 players to win the title one season. Football's a squad rotation game these days, some players/formations suited for some games more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    The strongest XI will change week by week. For example, the best right back at the club may hit bad form. If he's dropped for that reason, then is his replacement now a member of this holy grail of teams?

I've upset him in another thread by the looks of it.
    You're giving yourself too much credit. This thread is ambiguous laced with a "look at how well we did". Add some meat to the bones of your skeletal thread and tell us what this 11 is.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Think every game we start with a full eleven players. I'm sure some wit with say "ten and a half if Halford plays".

There's no such thing as a "full 11". That harks back to the days when Liverpool used only 14 players to win the title one season. Football's a squad rotation game these days, some players/formations suited for some games more than others.
    Precisely. There is not a manager out there whose idea of a first xi remains constant from August - May even in the most perfect of seasons where everyone remains fit.

The team we started with against villa would be my shout for "best 11"

Let's try not to be too cute with our replies lads, yes form is a factor, but looking on paper at what we have available, how many times have we missed vital players? How many games have we played with favourable players out injured or suspended?

It's not even just form or injuries, it's tactical as well.

All you can say is that for most of the season, we've had injuries which have at minimum reduced depth and at most have caused players out of position, ie Manga at right back.

The team we started with against villa would be my shout for "best 11"

Let's try not to be too cute with our replies lads, yes form is a factor, but looking on paper at what we have available, how many times have we missed vital players? How many games have we played with favourable players out injured or suspended?
    Peltier in your strongest 11? Interesting.

Probably every club is missing at least one key player at any time. Cardiff's problem is not the number of games where they don't have a "full 11", but the number of players missing for long periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Peltier in your strongest 11? Interesting.

Probably every club is missing at least one key player at any time. Cardiff's problem is not the number of games where they don't have a "full 11", but the number of players missing for long periods.
    Indeed, I ain't so sure about Patterson after all the excitement about him. Peltier just has the experience I suppose.