+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We don't play football anymore

Re: We don't play football anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    People saying Tomlin didn't take his chance make me laugh. The amount of times we played through midfield to him was virtually zero. No matter whether it is etheridge, peltier, Patterson or the cb's on the ball, it was sent long yesterday.

He's 5 ft 8 or whatever he is and trying to win headers. Our full back's don't even offer an option to the cb's or gk (not blaming them, obviously instructed not too) but you barely see that at league 2 level nevermind the champ.
    This ^^^^
    Warnocks tactics last night were shit.
    Not once did we roll the ball out to the full backs.
    Lump lump lump.
    It did n't work from start to finish and there was no incline to even try to change it.
    I'm no football snob but if something isn't working surely you try something else.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    This ^^^^
    Warnocks tactics last night were shit.
    Not once did we roll the ball out to the full backs.
    Lump lump lump.
    It did n't work from start to finish and there was no incline to even try to change it.
    I'm no football snob but if something isn't working surely you try something else.
    It's not being a football snob to want your team to pass the ball properly occasionally - if we want to play a long ball game, then you need balls forward that justify the word "pass", not the embarrassing stuff we've seen in our last two matches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Ralls and Damour are simply League 1 at best.
    Dont be daft

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think you can go all the way back to the QPR game and you will see periods of play from us, particularly in home matches where we are barely able to pass the ball or even get it under control. For a few months we were able to ride out these spells which tended to last about fifteen to twenty minutes and we'd often win after coming through them, but, for a side at or near the top of the table, we'd play some truly awful stuff at times. Unfortunately, those fifteen to twenty minute spells have now become seventy to eighty minute ones - last night we were desperately poor and I agree completely that the time to sweep our dreadful possession percentage and completed passing figures under the carpet is long gone.
    You’re right. The performances have been getting worse for a while. The results didn’t mask that but they did give us time to improve.
    Now that luxury is disappearing fast.

It's not the passing stats I'm worried about. For a half a season we have gone against the grain just fine.

We just haven't done the basics in the last few matches and that includes playing the most basic of football, pass and move. Earlier in the season we could find our wingers and have the ball in dangerous areas of the pitch.

Yesterday we could barely have any sustained pressure, first touches and simplest passes went astray. The movement was non existent, with everyone spreading out for the long ball.

Positioning we seemed well out of it, towards the end Preston found so much space so easily out wide.

Biggest thing we are missing though is energy, we seemed to have lost a yard of pace across the pitch and the tempo is far too slow.

Feeney and Peltier shouldn't be starting for a team in the top 6

Oops, wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think you can go all the way back to the QPR game and you will see periods of play from us, particularly in home matches where we are barely able to pass the ball or even get it under control. For a few months we were able to ride out these spells which tended to last about fifteen to twenty minutes and we'd often win after coming through them, but, for a side at or near the top of the table, we'd play some truly awful stuff at times. Unfortunately, those fifteen to twenty minute spells have now become seventy to eighty minute ones - last night we were desperately poor and I agree completely that the time to sweep our dreadful possession percentage and completed passing figures under the carpet is long gone.
    Who are you to tell Neil Warnock how the team should play and what the tactics should be. No one was complaining a few weeks ago when we were winning five or six games in a row and pressing Wolves for top spot. We are not playing well currently but its NW's job to get this sorted and all the evidence is that he will, sooner rather than later. Stop moaning. And by the way, to all those people that left the stadium last night with seven minutes to go with their team only 1-0 down and pressing for an equaliser - hope you feel proud of yourselves today for deserting the boys when they needed you most.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Who are you to tell Neil Warnock how the team should play and what the tactics should be. No one was complaining a few weeks ago when we were winning five or six games in a row and pressing Wolves for top spot. We are not playing well currently but its NW's job to get this sorted and all the evidence is that he will, sooner rather than later. Stop moaning. And by the way, to all those people that left the stadium last night with seven minutes to go with their team only 1-0 down and pressing for an equaliser - hope you feel proud of yourselves today for deserting the boys when they needed you most.
    Bob is one of the longest supporting City fans we have on this board (You probably are as well if your username is your DOB).
    I think it’s below the belt to say he’s ever deserted CCFC never mind this season.
    He gives his view and writes a blog on every game we play, he’s entitled to say what he observes, but deserting the City? He’s too long in the tooth for that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Bob is one of the longest supporting City fans we have on this board (You probably are as well if your username is your DOB).
    I think it’s below the belt to say he’s ever deserted CCFC never mind this season.
    He gives his view and writes a blog on every game we play, he’s entitled to say what he observes, but deserting the City? He’s too long in the tooth for that.
    My comment about people deserting the stadium/team was definately not aimed at the other bob wilson who I have no doubt is an avid fan who is usually supportive of the manager and team. It was at the inconsiderate people who meander down the aisles from about 10 minutes out and who obviously would rather make a quick exit from the stadium than stay and support their team to the end.

My comment about people deserting the stadium/team was definately not aimed at the other bob wilson who I have no doubt is an avid fan who is usually supportive of the manager and team. It was at the inconsiderate people who meander down the aisles from about 10 minutes out and who obviously would rather make a quick exit from the stadium than stay and support their team to the end.
    They pay their money, they're entitled to leave anytime they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    They pay their money, they're entitled to leave anytime they want.
    It's those that "leave" but decide to hang round on the stairs obstructing views that gets my goat.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's those that "leave" but decide to hang round on the stairs obstructing views that gets my goat.
    Got in to a few arguments over this cheeky ****ers just standing in your way

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Surely this was an opportunity for Tomlin to stake his claim. For Tomlin, Ralls and Damour, supported by Mendez Laing and Feeney to be a unit. To create something. To take charge.
    Instead they seemed to spend more time challenging for headers and when they did win the ball, all too often it was given away.
    Our performances are back to those of last season. Different players, same tactics, same poor performances.
    Unfortunately, we do not have the players to play the Tomlinson short passing game. Yes he was quite poor last night (as was everyone) but on the odd occasions he did some trickery and passed to a City player, we lost possession almost immediately.
    Must be very frustrating if you are genuinely a decent footballer.

He's allowed to have an opinion and question decisions made by the management along with everyone else on this board

Who are you to tell posters what they should write, how they should phrase it. I didn’t see you complaining a few weeks ago when many of the posts would have been supportive......��

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Who are you to tell posters what they should write, how they should phrase it. I didn’t see you complaining a few weeks ago when many of the posts would have been supportive......��
    You are right, I didnt complain a few weeks ago and I am not complainng now either - unlike quite a few fairweather fans on here - because there isnt anything to complain about really is there. Why would I complain when people were being supportive ? - I dont think you understood my post did you. Also, your post basically repeated the words I used, so in future make your own stuff up !!.

You are right, I didnt complain a few weeks ago and I am not complainng now either - unlike quite a few fairweather fans on here - because there isnt anything to complain about really is there. Why would I complain when people were being supportive ? - I dont think you understood my post did you. Also, your post basically repeated the words I used, so in future make your own stuff up !!.
    I’m glad you noticed the imitation. It was meant to be a send up.