+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Etheridge again

Etheridge again

Poor performance, poor football....but, we have one of the poorest goalies I have seen playing for Cardiff City

Re: Etheridge again

not his fault, shit defending!

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    not his fault, shit defending!
    Should have saved it should have kept hold of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Should have, but I wouldn't call it a howler. It would have been nice if we could have created something at the other end.

Grrr .. Etheridge, not getting forward enough, hardly in their face, and not even trying to score.

Grrr..

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli View Post
    Poor performance, poor football....but, we have one of the poorest goalies I have seen playing for Cardiff City
    He's poor, yes. Fortunately he's been well protected until recently.

He didn't get one shot on target! The sooner Camp is fit and ready the better. Errr.....

shit keeper, hasnt got a clue. get rid in january

The best we could have hoped for from that game was a point and we failed to get it

Etheridge should have saved it although I think it's a bit harsh to say he's one of our worst keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    Etheridge should have saved it although I think it's a bit harsh to say he's one of our worst keepers.
    Frank Parsons holds that honour, never to be beaten.

I've been saying for months Etheridge is crap. Mistake for goal though his distribution is awful. Murphy must start Monday.

Did the GK solely lose it for us tonight or through the last week?

He’s useless.
    Maxwell on the other hand was a good, assured keeper who could actually kick the fecking ball straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    fcking butter fingers

11 men lost that game / failed to win it. Not one.

Silly comment. Four games ago, we were averaging well over 2 points a game and had the best defensive record in the league, all with Etheridge in goal. The difference now is that Morrison is out and defensively midfield is playing badly. Easy way out is to blame the keeper. Dropping him will make no difference. Constant criticism wont help him either.

Too easy to blame the keeper, our defence were standing still and Bogle completely failed in his attempt to clear

I got shot down a few months ago for saying he's ****ing shite but I actually think I was being kind

Warnock says in is post match interview Sloppy goal but keeper should have saved it.

The ball came straight at Etheridge; it bounced off his chest back into play. On Talksport this morning Warnock stated that Preston's goal was down to goalkeeper error or to be more precise Etheridge could have done better for their goal. I make no comment about whether Etheridge should be replaced but let's not hide the fact that he was a contributory factor in last night's defeat

I think it’s a bit unfair to have a go at Etheridge. Our season so far has been based on a great team effort. This was a poor collective performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I think it’s a bit unfair to have a go at Etheridge. Our season so far has been based on a great team effort. This was a poor collective performance.
    I agree but you need your keeper to earn you a few points over a season and keepers like Marshall or Paddy Kenny would have got us a point out of that game.

Surprise surprise Warnock says nothing about Peltier losing his man for goal. The guy even fell to the floor and still got up to get 5 yards in front of Peltier to score!

What about that Dimi bloke, he must be in with a shout