+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Etheridge again

Re: Etheridge again

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    What about that Dimi bloke, he must be in with a shout
    Bywater as well

I dont think he is the worse keeper , however I dont think he inspires confidence in his defenders ,which is causing uncertainty and panic in their decision resulting in needless corners and split saves , the number of times we kick our in blind panic because of a split ball is telling, I would play Camp or secure a chopsy keeper who can distribute ,love to have McGregor back

I think he'll change the goalkeeper for the QPR game, but will he play Murphy or Camp? I'm not sure if Camp is fit yet.

Camp played for the development team recently so presumably fit? If so, then I'd put him for QPR

Has Peter Zois been erased from our memories?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Has Peter Zois been erased from our memories?
    Claiming Zois is the worst keeper we've had is ridiculously unfair imo.

Joined the afternoon of the game - zero training time with the rest of the squad. Thrown straight into a match when we had a ridiculously lousy defence.

Did he make mistakes? Sure. He also made several good one on one blocks as our defence gave him zero help whatsoever.

Throwing an 18 yr old kid out there with zeor experience, zero chemistry with his "defence" doesn't make him our worst ever keeper by a country mile.

Night game so had to run for the train so missed it..

Their keeper was awful at kicking, worse than etheridge in fact..

He's been good enough for us this season, but my god I got frustrated time after time when we had players to release quick up the field and instead of a big quick throw he would insist on holding on to it allowing them to organise before kicking.

Don't think it's fair to bash him though.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Claiming Zois is the worst keeper we've had is ridiculously unfair imo.

Joined the afternoon of the game - zero training time with the rest of the squad. Thrown straight into a match when we had a ridiculously lousy defence.

Did he make mistakes? Sure. He also made several good one on one blocks as our defence gave him zero help whatsoever.

Throwing an 18 yr old kid out there with zeor experience, zero chemistry with his "defence" doesn't make him our worst ever keeper by a country mile.
    He was 20👍

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    He was 20��
    Yup, not sure why I thoguht he was 18... either way, the points still stand. He had a whopping 1 game ( non-league ) before being thrown under the bus.

For those who have hammered Neil Etheridge for his kicking - have you watched John Ruddy belting it out of play countless times at Ashton Gate?

It doesn't make Etheridge a better kicker - or keeper (although I think he has done OK so far) - but it is an interesting comparison.

Agent Dimi. The Chinese defective playing in front of him. Solid

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    For those who have hammered Neil Etheridge for his kicking - have you watched John Ruddy belting it out of play countless times at Ashton Gate?

It doesn't make Etheridge a better kicker - or keeper (although I think he has done OK so far) - but it is an interesting comparison.
    I dont thinking as awful as people make out.

Their keeper last night was far worse for example.

Just frustrated me when we could have broke quickly and he's holding on to the ball like it's a new born baby

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He didn't get one shot on target! The sooner Camp is fit and ready the better. Errr.....
    At least Camp would have wasted more time...he’s the champ..