+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Championship latest scores

Championship latest scores

Ipswich 1 Derby 2
    Brum 0 Leeds 0
    Sheff Utd 0 Bolton 1

If things stay as they are we will be at worst 4th after Monday.

Re: Championship latest scores

Boro 0-1 Villa

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Boro 0-1 Villa
    Interesting!

Come on Ipswich mun!

Jack bastards winning 2-1

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Jack bastards winning 2-1
    Commentator just said (I paraphrase) "This has nothing to do with the new manager, it's all to do with lady luck"

Leeds and Sheffield U. Lost to B'ham and Bolton.

so it is 4th at worse after Tuesday's games. Could be a lot worse.

Could have been a lot worse.
    Just shows that anything can happen in this league.

All still to play for

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    so it is 4th at worse after Tuesday's games. Could be a lot worse.
    Yes 4th, however, the cushion we have over 5th will soon disappear.
    With almost half the season still to come I now think the January window is crucial to even finishing in the top 6

At one stage I thought one midfield addition would be enough. Now I think that is not enough.
    We need to be looking for a high quality midfield player and yet another to replace Gunnarsson & Damour.
    These simply cannot be squad players or we will soon drift down towards 8 or 9th.

Wolves and Derby I believe will get automatic promotion and I fully expect Villa to get 3rd.
    In my opinion, Cardiff and Bristol will have a tough job to stay there and maybe watch for Fulham coming through.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Commentator just said (I paraphrase) "This has nothing to do with the new manager, it's all to do with lady luck"
    They'll be oh so confident of beating our 30 point haul when we got relegated after that win; down to earth when they get murdered, dug up, re-animated then murdered again then cremated to prevent the cycle continuing against Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Yes 4th, however, the cushion we have over 5th will soon disappear.
    With almost half the season still to come I now think the January window is crucial to even finishing in the top 6

At one stage I thought one midfield addition would be enough. Now I think that is not enough.
    We need to be looking for a high quality midfield player and yet another to replace Gunnarsson & Damour.
    These simply cannot be squad players or we will soon drift down towards 8 or 9th.

Wolves and Derby I believe will get automatic promotion and I fully expect Villa to get 3rd.
    In my opinion, Cardiff and Bristol will have a tough job to stay there and maybe watch for Fulham coming through.
    It could indeed be a lot worse - we've had a major wobble results wise. Question is, do we recover and do others around us have their wobble soon?

I don't want to be pessimistic but we have really punched well above our weight in the first half of the season.
    We are really not a passing-footballing side but rely heavily on impact moments from Hoilet, Zohore and Mendez-Lang.
    Can they keep it going ?
    The midfield service looks woeful in recent weeks and we seem to have lost some pace that we had earlier on.
    Have teams Sussed us out ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It could indeed be a lot worse - we've had a major wobble results wise. Question is, do we recover and do others around us have their wobble soon?
    Derby have had a great run. We'll see how they react now they are in auto.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I don't want to be pessimistic but we have really punched well above our weight in the first half of the season.
    We are really not a passing-footballing side but rely heavily on impact moments from Hoilet, Zohore and Mendez-Lang.
    Can they keep it going ?
    The midfield service looks woeful in recent weeks and we seem to have lost some pace that we had earlier on.
    Have teams Sussed us out ?
    I'd say there's an element of us being sussed out. I think we do need to change things around, we're reliant upon wide players doing, well, anything really. We don't really get decent crosses into the box, almost as if we're more direct but trying to play it into the net at times.

if we went two up top ( Zohore, Bogle/Healey) and got crosses in there for them to attack, I think we'd be far more threatening than we have been.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    I'd say there's an element of us being sussed out. I think we do need to change things around, we're reliant upon wide players doing, well, anything really. We don't really get decent crosses into the box, almost as if we're more direct but trying to play it into the net at times.

if we went two up top ( Zohore, Bogle/Healey) and got crosses in there for them to attack, I think we'd be far more threatening than we have been.
    Absolutely agree withe concept of two up front.
    Defending starts from the front line and a single player simply cannot do that.
    If you can find a striking pair who can create an understanding, history has proved that opponents are much more cautious.

N fact when we bought Ward I assumed he would partner Zohore, not be his understudy