+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: HOOFBALL!!!!!!!

Post HOOFBALL!!!!!!!

what happened to our on the ground passing play from the first 10 or so games???

We looked unstoppable playing the ball to NML and Hoilett's feet. Who's great idea was it to start kicking it over their heads?!

Re: HOOFBALL!!!!!!!

A genuine question which deserves debate and an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    A genuine question which deserves debate and an answer.
    I think only NW can give you / us the answer.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    I think only NW can give you / us the answer.
    Good luck.
    I would think that NW is probably sick to the back teeth of people asking him if we are a long ball team. We play any way necessary in order to try to win. At the moment, the way we are playing is dictated by the players available and a drop in confidence as much as anything else. Dont drop down to people like Jurssetts level.

Bollocks fella. We look shit because teams have sussed we can only play wide.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Bollocks fella. We look shit because teams have sussed we can only play wide.
    We didn't even try to pass the ball tonight! So many situations where the midfielders didn't even offer themselves for the ball and just ran up the field getting ready for the knockdowns. You don't need to hoof the ball every time you get it to stay compact at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I would think that NW is probably sick to the back teeth of people asking him if we are a long ball team. We play any way necessary in order to try to win. At the moment, the way we are playing is dictated by the players available and a drop in confidence as much as anything else. Dont drop down to people like Jurssetts level.
    Your insistence that any sort of criticism of manager, players or anyone else attached to the club is somehow disloyal looks ludicrous after that performance. Hardly surprisingly, there is confusion, disbelief and anger at the change in the levels of performance, belief and, in some cases, attitude we have seen in less than a week - you may not like it, but very poorly executed hoofball, that was so easy for Preston to defend against, was virtually all we had to offer last night.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Your insistence that any sort of criticism of manager, players or anyone else attached to the club is somehow disloyal looks ludicrous after that performance. Hardly surprisingly, there is confusion, disbelief and anger at the change in the levels of performance, belief and, in some cases, attitude we have seen in less than a week - you may not like it, but very poorly executed hoofball, that was so easy for Preston to defend against, was virtually all we had to offer last night.

I didnt say that we didn't play long balls last night but why does it matter if we did. People are obsessed with it. If it works and we win then it is the right way to do it in that particular match. Didnt work last night but our current tactics are mainly dictated by the players available and lack of confidence. There is absolutely no need to criticise the team or manager in our current situation - have a look at the league table. Most of the critiscism of the manager and team comes from people who dont even get off their backsides and go and watch live. The people who criticise the most are the very ones who, at the beginning of the season, forecast that we would stuggle and end up in mid table or below. Anyone who criticises in our current position is definately being disloyal and you trying to defend them is just as ludicrous in my opinion.

It’s the lack of variation in our ‘keeper’s distribution that does me. It’s obviously the manager’s instructions but it’s the constant long ball that is a 70/30 in the opposition’s favour or on occasion a miscue into touch. Has Warnock no confidence in our players finding space and coming short to receive a throw out? As I say, there’s no variation, other teams have us sussed now, they don’t even have to think about how to win the ball off us, it’s presented to them on a plate.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    'poorly executed hoofball' some would argue a contradiction in terms, but I know what you mean. There's nothing wrong with the long ball game - witness Wiltshire/Sanchez v. Crystal Palace. Teams have won the 1st Division Championship using the long ball tactic.

But what I really cannot fathom is why our back four [and occasionally midfield] would think that aiming a ball at 45 degrees up into the clouds is in any way going to be productive. It was like watching City in those 4th Division years before Hammam. It left me searching for appropriate adjectives - dire, terrible, ghastly, turgid.. and this from a side 2nd in the Championship..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I didnt say that we didn't play long balls last night but why does it matter if we did. People are obsessed with it. If it works and we win then it is the right way to do it in that particular match. Didnt work last night but our current tactics are mainly dictated by the players available and lack of confidence. There is absolutely no need to criticise the team or manager in our current situation - have a look at the league table. Most of the critiscism of the manager and team comes from people who dont even get off their backsides and go and watch live. The people who criticise the most are the very ones who, at the beginning of the season, forecast that we would stuggle and end up in mid table or below. Anyone who criticises in our current position is definately being disloyal and you trying to defend them is just as ludicrous in my opinion.
    Do you think football like that is going to get punters “off their backside” to watch live?

I’ve seen better games on Sophia Gardens.

Rubbish football. Absolute garbage. That’s not being disloyal that’s the cold, hard truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Do you think football like that is going to get punters “off their backside” to watch live?

I’ve seen better games on Sophia Gardens.

Rubbish football. Absolute garbage. That’s not being disloyal that’s the cold, hard truth.
    Sophia Gardens, Jesus that’s the old Riverside FC days🤣🤣🤣