+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In case there was any doubt...

In case there was any doubt...

We now know how important Morrison is to our defence.

We have been missing the spine of the team in Morrison, Gunnarsson and Zohore.

Zohore is back but rusty and we've simply run out of squad depth to cope with the intensity of game NW requires to make his system work.

The Lee Tomlin I saw tonight does not bring enough to warrant 10 other players working to accommodate him in our current situation, but we have no replacements who can bring more than he can so he'll have to continue to play. Hopefully he will rediscover his touch quickly but I'm not hopeful.

Main positive from tonight was Rhys Healey who I thought did well when he came on. NM-L has also lost a yard of pace and all his confidence since his injury, and we need him to rediscover these quickly too.

At present it looks as if the seasons efforts have caught up with us. I hope NW and his team know what they need to do to turn this around now.

Only 4 more points until we can't be relegated...

Re: In case there was any doubt...

Think you're so right about Tomlin - once again, we saw the odd flash of what he used to do at Peterborough and Middlesbrough, but it's nowhere near enough.

Agree about Healey as well, he's been the one bright spark in our last two games.

Tomlin quite simply is unfit. He's lost the yard of pace he should have through total unprofessionalism. He looks like a guy in his late 30's clinging onto a playing career. It's a disgrace that he is in the physical shape he is. Whilst those at the end of their careers say goodbye to that yard of pace he can get his back if he tries. Imagine how good he would have been last night if he was in shape and he had that extra zip in his game.

But you have to wonder what NW was expecting when we signed him in the summer for £1.5M ?