+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If you’re going to have a bad run, now’s the time

If you’re going to have a bad run, now’s the time

Better to have a three game losing run now than during February when there’s nothing you can do about it.

Couple of decent signings and hopefully we’ll be back

Re: If you’re going to have a bad run, now’s the time

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Better to have a three game losing run now than during February when there’s nothing you can do about it.

Just a couple? In all honesty, from what I saw last night, if a club made a silly offer for Zohore then Cardiff should accept and use the money to strengthen other areas. Based on what I saw last night, the team look incapable of holding onto the play-off spots, let alone the top 2.

Losing form at this time of the year can be a nightmare when you consider the amount of games in such a short space of time. As said an important transfer window approaches. Hope it goes well. It has to go well.

One year ago today we were 20th in the league. What a wonderful job Neil and his team have done. Keep the faith everyone, if anyone can turn it around NW can

With so many teams playing each other in this crazy congested period it can allow a bad run to no hurt ,unless they all win , which is unlikely.

I would not be shocked if we nicked a win or draw at QPR if we don't then I would say the Warnock effect in the dressing room has a problem .

At QPR I would play Healey instead of Tomlin , he is not fit or has 90 minutes in him, okay for 30 minute run .
    Play Camp .
    Put Virgil Van Bamba in front of the back four .
    Play Holiet and Lange from the start .

And prey we knick one.

Limp into the break ,sign players with pace ,energy and desire (no show ponies though).

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    With so many teams playing each other in this crazy congested period it can allow a bad run to no hurt ,unless they all win , which is unlikely.

I would not be shocked if we nicked a win or draw at QPR if we don't then I would say the Warnock effect in the dressing room has a problem .

At QPR I would play Healey instead of Tomlin , he is not fit or has 90 minutes in him, okay for 30 minute run .
    Play Camp .

And prey we knick one.

Limp into the break ,sign players with pace ,energy and desire (no show ponies though).

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Brilliant, just brilliant. that had me laughing no end! So what you are saying in essence is that Etheridge should adopt a Dick Emery camp sort of stance v QPR then ?

Why do people say Tomlin is only good for 30 minutes?

He did fine until he went off

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Why do people say Tomlin is only good for 30 minutes?

He did fine until he went off
    Absolutely. Despite what others may say, I thought he had a good game and caused Preston more problems than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Absolutely. Despite what others may say, I thought he had a good game and caused Preston more problems than anyone else.
    The odd wrong decision, but yeah I can agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

Last season, Newcastle lost 10, Brighton 9 and Huddersfield 15. We can bounce back but it better be quick........

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Play Camp .

And prey we knick one.

Pretty much how I see things.

Team looks devoid of energy.

Can you blame them? They spent half a season chasing opposition players around. Our possession stats prove that. And while it's been a great season so far I am sure the lack of ball retention, possession and passing have had a negative effect on players fitness and sharpness.

I would like to see us keep hold of the ball more and we need more guile, energy and pace.

Now is most certainly not the time as games come too quickly with no time to get things right.

If we end up with nil poins this Chrimbo, and every likelihood, then it will be a disaster. No consolation or mitigation in timing. Have to remember zero confidence, hoof ball, traditional bogey team, opposition manager under pressure.......Not a good feeling is it?