+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Richard Branson scoops £1bn of NHS Contracts

Richard Branson scoops £1bn of NHS Contracts

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-nhs-contracts

This government is hell bent on privatising the NHS. Sad times, don’t be ill if you are poor

Re: Richard Branson scoops £1bn of NHS Contracts

So he gets money off the government in one hand and then gets released from a contract to pay them what's owed in another. Hope I'm wrong.

Sir Richard...

Virgin. Another brand I do my utmost best to completely avoid.

Interesting timing. I have a theory that Branson is just a figurehead due to his carefully cultivated man of the people image.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Interesting timing. I have a theory that Branson is just a figurehead due to his carefully cultivated man of the people image.
    He works hard on that in fairness to him. A true man of the people who lives on a private island the other side of the world and strives to pay no tax to the exchequer but relies on old people confusing him with Noël Edmunds.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    If Virgin Care manage to deliver the same service for less money , as they have better ways of delivering that service - then using that service would be the better choice for the budget holder as long as the same (or better) health care is provided . Why pay twice as much for something - only a fool would do that.
    Ok. Why not. If however delivering the same standard of care comes at the price of decreased wages, pensions and rights then I would suggest that the standard of care won't stay the same for long. You're a business guy Clarkey. First rate no doubt but if Branson is thinking about the bottom line and the bottom line only really I.e making money which he clearly does then surely something will give ? I don't know but I am of the mind that it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Sir Richard...

Virgin. Another brand I do my utmost best to completely avoid.
    Isn't it the case that Branson sold off some of the Virgin brands?

I think everyone would like a first class health service of course. Better ways of doing things are great. I think they generally come from investing and not looking to cut costs. I accept your points. I am baffled why there is such a drive to make profit out of health and can't get my head around why if any profit needs making then why can't the NHS do it and re invest the profits.

I know spire hospitals use the Heath operating theatre and Heath icu. It's usually the same registrars doing the same thing. I don't mind if people want to pay. Good on them.

If Virgin were pioneering new treatments then maybe that would go some way to explaining it to me but I doubt they are. I might be wrong of course but I still don't think so.

I must just be allergic to the continual out sourcing if services. I have read many comments on this board about the 70s and the state of the state as it were. It just seems like there is a rush not to have a state going on and that worries me.

Thanks for the figures. Interesting to see. R. E Branson and what he does and doesn't control im just gonna carry on thinking he's a shithouse if that's ok. He doesn't read this board anyway. Nice one Clarkey.

Now who would I trust or believe on whether it’s a good idea to privatise the NHS, Ninian C or Stephen Hawking

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...t-nhs-shake-up

“I am concerned that accountable care organisations are an attack on the fundamental principles of the NHS,” Hawking told the Guardian, explaining his move.

“They have not been established by statute, and they appear to be being used for reducing public expenditure, for cutting services and for allowing private companies to receive and benefit from significant sums of public money for organising and providing services.”

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Now who would I trust or believe on whether it’s a good idea to privatise the NHS, Ninian C or Stephen Hawking

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...t-nhs-shake-up

“I am concerned that accountable care organisations are an attack on the fundamental principles of the NHS,” Hawking told the Guardian, explaining his move.

“They have not been established by statute, and they appear to be being used for reducing public expenditure, for cutting services and for allowing private companies to receive and benefit from significant sums of public money for organising and providing services.”
    Oh and how’s the privatisation of the railways gone?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/12/privat...lways-6702713/

Meanwhile this governments latest plans on how to control our borders

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ard-uk-borders

NC to come in with how his aunties, sisters, brothers uncle was the pioneer of this great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Oh and how’s the privatisation of the railways gone?

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/12/privat...lways-6702713/
    And this from the Daily Heil of all rags

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-bail-out.html

But it’s OK privatisation saves us money

If you are happy to pay £500 for a service - when someone else can provide a better service for the same or less money - then you are an idiot. If someone offers the same service for the same price - then the only benefit is knowing those 2 organisations are at least mindful of their costs.

Using that as our base model then - how much more tax are you willing to pay each year to fund the NHS - bearing in mind NHS expenditure expectations can never be met. Would you be happy for education to be cut in order to fund the NHS you want ? what about welfare - maybe we should cut that to fund the healthcare you want.

We get a certain amount come in from tax - so where would you spend and where would you cut - and where would you look to make efficiency savings ?

me - I would half foreign aid budget saving 6 billion a year, scrap the winter fuel allowance - and instead get people to apply for it and I would scrap the ability for large corps to setup in Dublin and not pay tax on goods and services purchased in the UK (cant do that until we are out the EU though)
    So you are calling Stephen Hawkin an idiot and anyone else who may disagree with you, classy.

No, but I did ask you some specific questions - that even an idiot could answer - over to you.

ps Hawking said he is concerned , he didnt say there was facts behind it - just his opinion.

pps - If you have ever worked in the NHS you would see the wastage on a daily basis.

What are you thoughts on why the Vale Health board pay more than they should for bank nurses rather than just offer over time to the same nurses ?

- I did have you on ignore, I only responded after having read your 'stuff' without being logged in. HNY
    Well put me on ignore again and stop sending me weird private messages.

That's the best answer you ever given. I wont hold my breath for the other answers.

ps - I sent ONE PM on 14-12-17 at 12:45 - and the contents of which could hardly be described as weird - boring yes - but weird not. Have a great 2018.
    Publish it and let the people decide

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Publish it and let the people decide
    Enjoy this mind blowing PM

Hi Mate - honestly if you dont like what I post - just hit the ignore button and you will never see another post from me on here.

ps - I run a couple of websites - that run 24/7 - I did about £500 worth of orders last night, whilst asleep in bed. But I do work odd hours and do a fair bit of train travel, but you do not need to know that anyway.

So you reckoned I sent you weird PMs - when I sent one, whilst I tried to explain to you sometimes I earn good money in a week and other times I earn zero or thereabouts (which in your terms makes me in poverty)

Im not sure if you identify as female or not - but you certainly sound like it.

Im sat here at 12:45, the mrs is asleep on the sofa, Jools Holland is still on and the kids are crashed out on the beanbags and that'll be me to in 5 mins.

Have a great 2018 and try to stay out the 2@ zone
    What you talking about you loon. Give it a rest mun.