It goes to show how poor we've been in our past two games (not seen the Bolton match yet) that I've struggled to come up with a Man Of the Match for both of them - I went for Joe Ralls in the Fulham game, but I think it's revealing and worrying that I've read strong criticism of every one of last night's starting line up on here or on the feedback section of my blog.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to be a ratings thread started for last night, so here is my take on things;-

Etheridge 5 - a little unlucky with the goal, but probably should have done better with it and there was, of course, the usual iffy kicking.

Paterson 5 - think we should have used him more in attacking areas towards the end of the game, he's still struggling defensively.
Manga 6 - a lot better as a defender compared to Tuesday, but seems to have caught the virulent bout of hoofitis which is afflicting the team this winter.
Bamba 6 - much like Manga really, defended pretty well, but his distribution was well below par.
Peltier 4 - left back is his worst position in the back four, another cheap booking (the discipline he shows in his defensive play is impressive, his personal discipline less so).

Mendez Laing 4 - was poor against Fulham, even poorer last night.
Damour 4 - started fairly well, but our flimsy two man central midfield was soon overrun - looks knackered.
Rallls 5 - tried his best, but he fell well short of his Fulham levels, one of his poorest games this season.
Feeney 5 - better than our other winger, but almost disappeared from sight in the second half.

Tomlin 4 - as always with him, there were one or two moments of magic, but he has looked laboured all season and he takes about twenty minutes to get up to what passes for speed with him when he starts games - part of a three man central midfield when we had the ball and a two man central midfield when we didn't.

Zohore 5 - a little unlucky with some of his flicks and we hardly played to his strengths, but he seemed to be put off by Preston's physical approach in the first half and looks a bit off the pace.

Subs.

Hoilett 5 - are his endeavours for Canada in the summer catching up with him? Has been a shadow of the man who was our best player in August in our last two matches.

Healey 7 - a couple of promising substitute appearances in the last few days in a central position off our main striker, actually tried to pass the ball last night!

Bogle 5 - little chance to make an impact.