+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Years Eve going out

Re: New Years Eve going out

Usually go out, , increasingly been questioning it - so, in tonight, with Mrs - some fine eating, plenty vino, and some visual entertainment then ... lookout tomorrow - Top day out NYD

I really can't get excited about NYE anymore. I was at said Manic Millennium and it was so crap we walked out and went to The Hippo after an hour.

Out for a Ruby Murray tonight, Mrs driving to save the Taxi free for all, then Champagne and lagers back at home and a bit of a disco in our time, space with no queues or entry fees.

Laaarvely

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    I really can't get excited about NYE anymore. I was at said Manic Millennium and it was so crap we walked out and went to The Hippo after an hour.

Out for a Ruby Murray tonight, Mrs driving to save the Taxi free for all, then Champagne and lagers back at home and a bit of a disco in our time, space with no queues or entry fees.

Laaarvely
    Now, thats veeery familiar - was I with you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Sod that, QPR tomorrow and I don’t want to be hanging out of my ring for that one.
    Stay up until midnight to ring my family but bed swiftly after that.
    Same... gonna start my essay tomoz morning, then go QPR tomoz

Goodnight all

Back in the days when I drank, I needed no second invitation to go out for a piss up, but, even in my teens and twenties, I had to be dragged out on New Years Eve because I couldn't stand it. All that forced jollity from people "letting their hair down" for the only time in a year made me wish i was home with a cup of cocoa and a good book - if I said I've had three New Year's Eves in my life that I really enjoyed, I'd be exaggerating.

I stopped going out to celebrate new Years Eve about twenty years ago and for a few years slept through the hour itself, but then we had the Millennium when the "tradition" of letting off fireworks was created, so now I just stay awake until about one o clock, - this year there's been morons around by me letting off fireworks from about five o clock - sorry for coming across all bah humbuggy, but that's the way this night has always made me feel.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Back in the days when I drank, I needed no second invitation to go out for a piss up, but, even in my teens and twenties, I had to be dragged out on New Years Eve because I couldn't stand it. All that forced jollity from people "letting their hair down" for the only time in a year made me wish i was home with a cup of cocoa and a good book - if I said I've had three New Year's Eves in my life that I really enjoyed, I'd be exaggerating.

I stopped going out to celebrate new Years Eve about twenty years ago and for a few years slept through the hour itself, but then we had the Millennium when the "tradition" of letting off fireworks was created, so now I just stay awake until about one o clock, - this year there's been morons around by me letting off fireworks from about five o clock - sorry for coming across all bah humbuggy, but that's the way this night has always made me feel.
    Been sober to night,Mrs and the granddaughter went to bed i tried to but the fcukig fireworks i am on my 4 pint of bow and 3rd glass of cockburns

Don’t bother with it at all, off to Tenerife on the half two flight from Rhoose, not happy about missing QPR but hey ho!!!

My dogs just about recover from Guy Fawkes Night only to be left traumatised again by rockets that Kim Jung Il would be proud of going off last night. As Bob said they started about 5/6. It was pelting down with rain then so I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimto View Post
    Now, thats veeery familiar - was I with you?

Possibly. You're either my ex wife or one of about 5 others

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It could be worse, can you imagine standing around for 12 hours with no food, booze or toilets in -10C weather to watch a ball drop? Madness.
    I think that the onset of puberty should indeed be celebrated.

The fireworks in London, what a waste of money. What could tha money have done in the NHS or towards a charity. Disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Bluebird View Post
    The fireworks in London, what a waste of money. What could tha money have done in the NHS or towards a charity. Disgraceful.
    They charge £10 entry to watch from the Southbank. Should cover it.