+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Years Eve going out

New Years Eve going out

Idiots everywhere tonight, celebrating a digit changing on the calendar. FOOLS I say, FOOLS

Re: New Years Eve going out

I've prefered NYD since my early 20s.

Always used to go out NYE and get hammered..

New year's day is so much better. Bands on all over the place, sport all day, pub at 12 and not a youngster in sight.

Out with people who like a drink and want to enjoy the day, slowly though the younger crowd are clocking what a good day it is and every year more and more people come out NYD so it's going the same way.

Sod that, QPR tomorrow and I don’t want to be hanging out of my ring for that one.
    Stay up until midnight to ring my family but bed swiftly after that.

Six nations season nearly upon us.

Can’t wait for your usual valleys jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Sod that, QPR tomorrow and I don’t want to be hanging out of my ring for that one.
    Stay up until midnight to ring my family but bed swiftly after that.
    Me to

It could be worse, can you imagine standing around for 12 hours with no food, booze or toilets in -10C weather to watch a ball drop? Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It could be worse, can you imagine standing around for 12 hours with no food, booze or toilets in -10C weather to watch a ball drop? Madness.
    Very true my daughter travelled out to see that nonsense a few ago, said it was awful. People bearded around like cattle!!

And herded

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Bluebird View Post
    Very true my daughter travelled out to see that nonsense a few ago, said it was awful. People bearded around like cattle!!
    What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    What is it?
    New York New Year's Eve. Awful.

New York New Year's Eve. Awful.
    Ah right. I don't take any notice around the globe, usually with family half cut, training preparation for the marathon on NYD.

That's hipsters for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's hipsters for you!
    #BeardLife

Just showed people in Times Square already on the morning news. 9am. The current temperature is -9C. It's going down to -14C at midnight.

Idiots everywhere tonight, celebrating a digit changing on the calendar. FOOLS I say, FOOLS
    It's become shit since 1999. Every pin charges you for entry so pub crawls, even in Vallets towns like Merthyr, Ebbw Vale etc are no longer possible. Always used to meet up with old school mates, but it's so restrictive now.

Blog Entries

#BeardLife

The millennium New years eve was weird. Every pub trying to charge. Some that wouldnt normally dream of it. I'm pleased I never went to the stadium. Have Bern told it was poor. Others seemed to enjoy it mind.mThe City Arms in town on New years day that year was amazing though. Possibly one of the best pub days ever. Staying in tonight just like the last 8 or 9. Think I grew out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    The millennium New years eve was weird. Every pub trying to charge. Some that wouldnt normally dream of it. I'm pleased I never went to the stadium. Have Bern told it was poor. Others seemed to enjoy it mind.mThe City Arms in town on New years day that year was amazing though. Possibly one of the best pub days ever. Staying in tonight just like the last 8 or 9. Think I grew out of it.
    I was 14 by a few months...as it was the millennium one i was allowed to the local all night with my old man, ended up having a few pints and waking up the next day stuck to the sofa with my first real hangover.

I was 14 by a few months...as it was the millennium one i was allowed to the local all night with my old man, ended up having a few pints and waking up the next day stuck to the sofa with my first real hangover.
    Bet you felt like you'd won the lottery drinking with the boys in the pub. It was an experience when you were younger until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Bet you felt like you'd won the lottery drinking with the boys in the pub. It was an experience when you were younger until the next morning.
    Was a good experience.

No bother as it was just a drinking man's type of pub and one of the locals. Couldn't dream of doing it these days, kids are out by 7.

Dreadful false event, just another booze fuelled event ,where folk show a false pretence of love and careing for everyone.

Then next day after the instead of auld lang shit , they can't wait to give you the v's for not letting them out of a junction in time .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Dreadful false event, just another booze fuelled event ,where folk show a false pretence of love and careing for everyone.

Then next day after the instead of auld lang shit , they can't wait to give you the v's for not letting them out of a junction in time .
    This exactly. All that linking arms and auld lang syne crap, then the next day the same people don't even acknowledge you in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    not that dissimilar to Friday night....

I’m having a Chinese with a few friends and some beers- not sure if I’ll still be up at 12.

Chinese for me tonight as well.
    On my own but don’t mind, Missus up with her family in the Valleys and I’m up early for the footy, some things are more important in life