+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worst job/boss you ever had/unfair dismissal

Worst job/boss you ever had/unfair dismissal

With new years eve upon us you may well be casting your mind back as to how well you have done at work.Am I doing well or its been a nightmare. As bad as it might of been it surely isn't the worst you have endured.

I worked for 5 days in a butcher's once with a pervert who continually itched his groin and sacked me for no good reason. Granted I knew nothing about meat. Ruined a batch of scotch eggs but I was fine otherwise.Was upset at the time by Im over it now.

Was sacked from my first office job for tipping hot chocolate over a load of pre printed envelopes and hiding it by sending them out anyway.

Learning curves.

Re: Worst job/boss you ever had/unfair dismissal

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    With new years eve upon us you may well be casting your mind back as to how well you have done at work.Am I doing well or its been a nightmare. As bad as it might of been it surely isn't the worst you have endured.

I worked for 5 days in a butcher's once with a pervert who continually itched his groin and sacked me for no good reason. Granted I knew nothing about meat. Ruined a batch of scotch eggs but I was fine otherwise.Was upset at the time by Im over it now.

Was sacked from my first office job for tipping hot chocolate over a load of pre printed envelopes and hiding it by sending them out anyway.

Learning curves.

Fortunately, I've never been sacked, however, I once spent £2,500 on a tower crane operators course. They had 4 cranes at the centre to train on, the highest being 45 metres, which is not particularly high in the construction industry.
    Each time I climbed the crane (straight ladder, no safely harness) I was blowing out of my arse with nervous exhaustion!
    I thought I could overcome my fear of heights but I couldn't.
    Surprisingly I passed and got my operator's licence - but I subsequently didn't get one days work after that.
    😀

I didn't get a sack from Santa

My 1st job when I left school was the worst. A labourer in a saw mill down the docks. In the middle of winter, had to get a bus to the dock gates, walk about a mile to the mill, then stand in front of a saw all day taking the cut timber off and banding it together.
    The boss was an absolute Keunt and the wood machinist I worked with was a bit of a bullying type.
    Left after about 8 months and started my plumbing apprenticeship. Never looked back since!
    Put a bit of beef on as I got to my 20’s and always vowed if I bumped into that wood machinist again I’d lay him out, but our paths never crossed again lol!!

Worked at Panasonic in pentwyn once for a few months, think I’d have had more freedom in prison. Clock in and off, half an hour lunch, not enough time to get to asda and back almost, no phone or internet....most boring job I ever had....

Last job I had was an utter ****wit of a dumb blonde who was patronising, inept, cowardly, two faced, disorganised and utterly incompetent.

She couldn’t even get my wages right at the end and was told by an external inspector that she should look for other opportunities outside the organisation. She’s still there.

She’s the sort of person that the Mail and Feeback would use as a Gloating example of the inadequacies of the Civil Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Fortunately, I've never been sacked, however, I once spent £2,500 on a tower crane operators course. They had 4 cranes at the centre to train on, the highest being 45 metres, which is not particularly high in the construction industry.
    Each time I climbed the crane (straight ladder, no safely harness) I was blowing out of my arse with nervous exhaustion!
    I thought I could overcome my fear of heights but I couldn't.
    Surprisingly I passed and got my operator's licence - but I subsequently didn't get one days work after that.
    ��
    I once spent $6000 on a SQL Sever course. Got a job immediately after that, that had absolutely nothing to do with SQL Server have never done anything with it since.

I think the worst job I've ever has was drilling out and repointing the keep at Cardiff Castle. After a day on the Hilti my hands would be numb all night. And I'd frequently get chunks of lime in my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I once spent $6000 on a SQL Sever course. Got a job immediately after that, that had absolutely nothing to do with SQL Server have never done anything with it since.

I think the worst job I've ever has was drilling out and repointing the keep at Cardiff Castle. After a day on the Hilti my hands would be numb all night. And I'd frequently get chunks of lime in my eye.
    Worst experience, lucky for me, was a one week work experience in an accounts department. It was so boring, I resorted to blocking up the toilet cubicles with hand towels. Was kicked out on the Tuesday, and had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off. Got a ticking off when I got back on the Monday, but it was worth it.

As a result, I made sure I studied to get the job I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post

I worked for 5 days in a butcher's once with a pervert who continually SCRATCHED his groin and sacked me for no good reason. Granted I knew nothing about meat. Ruined a batch of scotch eggs but I was fine otherwise.Was upset at the time by Im over it now.

Learning curves.

He was scratching his itch not the other way around.

Worst job:
    Carrot topping. Working on a farm taking the heads off carrots.

Worst dismissal:
    Working in Fine Fare supermarket after school the assistant manager told two of us that we were welcome to the out-of-date doughnuts. However, the manager went spare and sacked us as we didn't have the heart to drop the assistant manager in it.