+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Happy New Year From The West

Happy New Year From The West

I've been going through a bit of a TLG phase. Our new owners, like all foreign owners, are only here for the money and I feel the club has lost it identity and is not the club I've supported most of my life. I know Tan has acted like a tyrant but he has stayed with you. I have a feeling our lot will rape the club and leave us with sod all, and £31 million profit in the summer indicates they've already started. I still think (even with your blip in form) that the most likely outcome at the end of this season is that we'll pass each other. As anyone who's read my posts in the past will know, I've never been a devoted fan of the premier league. The ambition of most of the clubs like ours, is to finish seventeenth or better, which is not much to aim for in August. In the Championship you have something to go for at the proper end of the league, sixth or better.

Happy new year Bluebirds.

Re: Happy New Year From The West

Happy New Year to you as well. From one football fan to another.

Happy new year ZZ.
    I love the championship as a real challenge every year, I want us to win every game and if we do we go up. But as you say finishing 17th is a poor way to look forward to a season.

All the best mate and happy new year. I still think you will not go down as the new manager Carlos seems to have a style with him that reminds me of Alan Curtis.
    as for the owners Tan is not so bad after all and he has spent over 100 million without taking anything out.There are scores of clubs that would change places with us.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    All the best mate and happy new year. I still think you will not go down as the new manager Carlos seems to have a style with him that reminds me of Alan Curtis.
    as for the owners Tan is not so bad after all and he has spent over 100 million without taking anything out.There are scores of clubs that would change places with us.
    Agree with the sentiments regarding Tan

Happy New Year. Jacks have been decent contributors here. Long may it continue

Happy New Year to you and Maxim. I hope you get a decent owner again soon as no fan deserves shitty owners

I hope you lynch Huw Jenkins , what a double headed cockend . Sold his soul for a bag of golden nuggets . happy new year

Happy New Year to you too.

Happy new year and good luck for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    Happy new year and good luck for the rest of the season.
    Same to you Maxim

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    I've been going through a bit of a TLG phase. Our new owners, like all foreign owners, are only here for the money and I feel the club has lost it identity and is not the club I've supported most of my life. I know Tan has acted like a tyrant but he has stayed with you. I have a feeling our lot will rape the club and leave us with sod all, and £31 million profit in the summer indicates they've already started. I still think (even with your blip in form) that the most likely outcome at the end of this season is that we'll pass each other. As anyone who's read my posts in the past will know, I've never been a devoted fan of the premier league. The ambition of most of the clubs like ours, is to finish seventeenth or better, which is not much to aim for in August. In the Championship you have something to go for at the proper end of the league, sixth or better.

Happy new year Bluebirds.
    Keep the faith matey. Football is your religion and the Liberty is your church. Sod the owners.

Happy New Year.

All great, positive replies. Onward and upward in 2018.

Happy New Year, to you too!

I do hope that you stay up. Firstly because it is good for Welsh football if you stay up, and we join you. Secondly, because I like to see ALL Welsh clubs do well in their respective divisions. Thirdly, because we owe you a hammering for that humiliation you gave us the last time we stuck our noses into the prem. Jeez, were we bad or what, when you gave us that 3-0 tonking?

With regard to "the best league in the world"? It was without a shadow of a doubt my least favourite season in supporting my team, and it's my 50th anniversary this coming October. Fifty years of supporting the Bluebirds. I deserve some kind of medal, as do all long suffering fans of teams who bounce between the divisions. Or those that stay down in the depths of the football league, without ever rising above the old Division 3.

I hope those yankee muthafukas don't fleece you, but I'm not holding my breath. Let's see how much Carlos get's to spend in the window, eh?

Onwards and upwards.....

Happy new year to all true football fans, of any colours.

Regarding the merits of the championship, promotion, and the premier league, it seems the journey is better than the destination.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Happy new year to all true football fans, of any colours.

Regarding the merits of the championship, promotion, and the premier league, it seems the journey is better than the destination.
    I agree, it's the chase that is exciting but once you've got there....

Happy New year and respect to you ZZ for changing your user name a few years ago I will never forget that.

Happy New Year to you, ZZ.

You're a gentleman first, a football fan second.