+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FT: Q.P.R. 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: Q.P.R. 2 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Neil Warnock returns to another of his former clubs.

C:WindowsTempphpF3E2.tmpCity look to end a three match losing run when the face Q.P.R. at Loftus Rd today.

The hosts will monitor the fitness of Grant Hall ahead of the clash with Cardiff.

Hall made his first start since April following a lengthy battle with a knee injury at Millwall on Friday night and appeared to be struggling towards the end of the game.

"The nature of the injury he's had for the last six or seven months is one where we're all hoping that he doesn't get a recurrence of the tendinitis," boss Ian Holloway said after the 1-0 loss to the Lions. "We'll have to wait and see."

Josh Scowen is available after suspension, while Luke Freeman returned from a ban at The Den and should keep his place. Jack Robinson missed out through illness on Friday night but may yet recover in time to face the Bluebirds.

Cardiff winger Junior Hoilett should return against the club he made over 120 appearances for between 2012 and 2016.

Hoilett dropped to the bench for Friday's home defeat to Preston after a bout of illness but came on as a second-half substitute.

Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock is considering changes after three successive defeats, but his options are limited by a heavy injury list.

"I know my 11 starters for New Year’s Day. I’m going to try something different." said Warnock.

Aron Gunnarsson (ankle), Sean Morrison (groin), Danny Ward (knee), Kadeem Harris (knee) and Jazz Richards are all out, while Craig Bryson and Joe Bennett face fitness tests after picking up festive knocks.

Opta stats

QPR have won 12 of their last 16 home league matches against Cardiff (D1 L3), winning 2-1 last season.

The Bluebirds' last league double over QPR came in the 2007/08 season - they won 2-1 against the Hoops earlier this season.

QPR are winless in four home league games (D2 L2), their worst run since Ian Holloway returned to the club in November 2016 - including his first spell in charge, the Hoops have never gone five home league matches without a win under Holloway.

Neil Warnock hasn't won away from home at Loftus Road since December 2007, when his Crystal Palace side won 2-1 against a QPR team managed by Luigi De Canio.

Ian Holloway has won five of his last six home league meetings with Warnock (D1) since losing 1-0 during his first spell as QPR boss against Warnock's Sheffield United in August 2004.

Sol Bamba has found the net in both Championship appearances against QPR for Cardiff, scoring twice.

Match officials

Referee: TIM ROBINSON
    Assistants: Ian Cooper and Daniel Robathan
    Fourth Official: Alan Dale

Re: Q.P.R. v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

I was confident. But those omens don't look good.
    Bloooobirds!

0-1 to the mighty bluebirds

Well.. that's a bold selection by NW.

Not surprised to see Etheridge dropped, he really should have held onto that attempt against Preston.

Ralls has got a job today - he's the only recognisable midfielder selected!

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post

Not surprised to see Etheridge dropped, he really should have held onto that attempt against Preston.
    Ladbroke Grove seem to hold all the Aces on this one. Another 2-1 Hoops😡

I'm trying to work out the formation. Anyone got any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Ralls has got a job today - he's the only recognizable midfielder selected!
    I'd have dropped him as well on present form according to some he's not been there anyway ,lol

where are the team details then ?

Murphy in goal, Peltier and Bennett fullbacks, Manga and Connolly centrebacks, Paterson and Hoilett on the wings, Bamba and Ralls in central midfield, Zohore and Healey up front? Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Ladbroke Grove seem to hold all the Aces on this one. Another 2-1 Hoops😡
    Sorry but dont really understand your post. Are you a QPR fan ?. Where is Ladbroke Grove ?. Why are you calling QPR 'Hoops' - thats something normally reserved for their own fans.

Good to see Bennett back, 2 proper full backs in their rightful positions. Connolly may be a bit rusty though. About time NML was left out, Healey to play behind Zohore, where Tomlin played last game. 3 ex QPR players too , Murphy, Connolly and Hoilett.

There seems to be a bit of pace and drive there. Hopefully we'll get a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Sorry but dont really understand your post. Are you a QPR fan ?. Where is Ladbroke Grove ?. Why are you calling QPR 'Hoops' - thats something normally reserved for their own fans.
    Why are you apologising?

5 at the back. Paterson and Bennett wingbacks?

Cannot work out what formation he's gone for today but he's chosen 6 defenders!

Murphy in goal, Peltier and Bennett fullbacks, Manga and Connolly centrebacks, Paterson and Hoilett on the wings, Bamba and Ralls in central midfield, Zohore and Healey up front? Maybe?
    Gosh thats different , suppose he had to try something I thought Connolly would come in to provide the Bamba midfield option , he obviously doesn't rate Halford anymore , up front looks pacy ,I would have rested the keeper as well .

I dont know what to make of this selection are we going for 0-0 or the ultimate HOOF ball with no midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Why are you apologising?
    Didnt want to seem rude on the first day of 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I dont know what to make of this selection are we going for 0-0 or the ultimate HOOF ball with no midfielders
    You appear to have a fixation with 'Hoofball' and are being very critical/pessimistic about NW's selections. Why ?.

Up just in time to listen to the mighty Bluebirds on the radio, come on lads!

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You appear to have a fixation with 'Hoofball' and are being very critical/pessimistic about NW's selections. Why ?.
    Because that's all we have done the last few games there's no one in midfield who can pass I hope I'm wrong and we get back to passing it to meaningful places and not hopelessly lumping it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This appears to be an attempt to use the wings more given our lack of midfielders at present. Could be interesting as I guess they'll go narrow to support Ralls as needed.

Come on Healy.son.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Come on Healy.son.
    Get behind him Dad!

Derby winning