+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: German police union chief slams NYE ‘safe zone’ for women

German police union chief slams NYE ‘safe zone’ for women

BERLIN — A German police union boss has criticized organizers of Berlin’s annual open-air New Year’s Eve party for designating a special “safety area” for women, saying it suggests they aren’t safe from assault elsewhere.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...725_story.html

Re: German police union chief slams NYE ‘safe zone’ for women

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    They have obviously setup a safe zone for a good reason, they fear sexual assaults on women from migrant men - simple as that really.
    Would be better to treat the cause not the symptom
    What is the cause of men committing sex offences?

What do you think Eric ?

ps - you cant just say 'Men' - you need to be a bit more specific than that - like what has changed between ? , did these sexual assaults always happen ?, have these increased from zero to multiple , who has been committing these sexual assaults. Is it a cultural things perhaps ? , maybe sexual assaults are allowed in some countries but not in others ?
    Do the recent migrant population in Germany commit more sexual assaults than the average male across Germany and other European countries? Last year when this was really topical I looked it up and they were committing roughly the amount you would expect given the size of population.

Why are these sexual assaults more important than other sexual assaults?

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I think you would need to ask the head of the German Police force that decided it was necessary to get your answer.

I'd be interested to see the factual data re number of sexual assaults on women over the years, on new years eve, same goes for other cities.

The Guardian report is here https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...zone-for-women

The Independent report is here - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7130476.html

The Spectator report is here https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/01/...d-is-shameful/

I think these 3 papers are left - centre and right politically - but they all carry the same message. Not all immigrants are sexual offenders obviously BUT from the independent they reported on a leaked Police document that said
    "Authorities now think that on New Year's Eve, more than 1,200 women were sexually assaulted in various German cities, including more than 600 in Cologne and about 400 in Hamburg.

More than 2,000 men were allegedly involved, and 120 suspects — many of them foreign nationals — have been identified.

Only four have been convicted, but more trials are underway.

On Thursday, a court in Cologne sentenced two men in the New Year's Eve assaults. Hussein A., a 21-year-old Iraqi, and Hassan T., a 26-year-old Algerian, were handed suspended one-year sentences. Both arrived in Germany in the past two years, a court spokesman said. He declined to specify whether the two had sought asylum.

Officials have linked the sexual assaults to the influx of refugees. "There is a connection between the emergence of this phenomenon and the rapid migration in 2015," Holger Münch, president of the German Federal Crime Police Office, told Sueddeutsche Zeitung."

So I think there is a question for the authorities to answer - and they have by introducing women only safe zones in German cities, they are treating the symptom not the cause. Im sure there are white/black anglo saxon Germans that have assaulted women on NYE, but you would have to ask why have the German Police chosen to introduce this policy now ?
    I might have interpreted Mambo wrong, so I think it would be best if he tells us what he means by 'Would be better to treat the cause not the symptom'. This whole argument is framed around this statement really because it is highly unlikely that anyone is going to be in favour of sexual assault.

FWIW I am against bad solutions like 'safe zones' but I am also against the divisive way these crimes and allegations have been used within the UK to beat the anti-migrant drum. I like to judge people by their individual actions and not by the actions of people I deem them to be associated with by the nature of their skin colour, religion or whatever else.

Also the idea that it is 'their' culture to go around raping people on NYE probably needs a bit of flesh added to the bones before you can say it with any conviction.

Eric - I think we need to establish - did these sexual assaults happen or not ? and if so who were behind them.

If they did - as it appears they did , then the German Police alone have deemed it fit that safe zones for women at New Years Eve parties need to be installed (I am totally against this as well as it is a bad idea) - but I guess try telling that to a woman who attacked last year that it is a bad idea - I doubt though that those women would have gone out.

I think it is a culture thing to a certain extent - take any Muslim man, living in a strict society where women have to be veiled, no alcohol (in some Islamic countries) and then place them in an environment like New Years Eve, lots of free 'western' women, drinking alcohol etc etc - and they dont seem to have the control to stop themselves - not all of them , but some of them - it is a culture clash to a certain extent - in my opinion anyway. It also maybe the case - that if they did that in an Islamic country - the punishment would be a lot harsher - going on what is generally reported anyway.
    It's not the police who designated they have safe zones for women, it was the event organiser.

A German police union boss has criticized organizers of Berlin’s annual open-air New Year’s Eve party for designating a special “safety area” for women, saying it suggests they aren’t safe from assault elsewhere.
    "

Eric - I think we need to establish - did these sexual assaults happen or not ? and if so who were behind them.

If they did - as it appears they did , then the German Police alone have deemed it fit that safe zones for women at New Years Eve parties need to be installed (I am totally against this as well as it is a bad idea) - but I guess try telling that to a woman who attacked last year that it is a bad idea - I doubt though that those women would have gone out.

I think it is a culture thing to a certain extent - take any Muslim man, living in a strict society where women have to be veiled, no alcohol (in some Islamic countries) and then place them in an environment like New Years Eve, lots of free 'western' women, drinking alcohol etc etc - and they dont seem to have the control to stop themselves - not all of them , but some of them - it is a culture clash to a certain extent - in my opinion anyway. It also maybe the case - that if they did that in an Islamic country - the punishment would be a lot harsher - going on what is generally reported anyway.
    Fair enough

Why do you think that recently migrated Muslims in Britain haven't behaved in the same way? (Genuine question btw as I have no idea)

Eric - off the top of my head :-

1. Because there are not that many of them - The UK didnt let in 1 million - of which some of them will be terrorists and some will be dodgy sex offenders (law of averages mate) , just like some Muslims will be Gay although none will be able to come out. I would add that I have an acquaintance of my Mrs that came from Albania - she was gang raped by an Albanian gang , she is seeking asylum here. She lives next door to a family on newport road by the lynx hotel - the family have wrecked the accommodation given to them and lots of other things I wont mention on here.

2. May I refer you to the fact that (re the various asian gang reports)
    75 per cent of recorded Type 1 group abusers, who target victims based on their vulnerability, were Asian. The Office for National Statistics estimates that 7.5 per cent of the UK’s population are Asian.

17% of Type 1 offenders were white, compared to 86 per cent of the UK population.
    Based on ONS stats
    https://www.channel4.com/news/factch...al-abuse-gangs

That's just my opinion based on what I have read, and what I know from my Mrs.

ps the sex attacks in Germany did happen, and that nearly all of them were by muslim men and that also happened in different cities and different countries in Europe. You can deny it, reject it or ignore it - I dont mind eitherway mate to be honest
    How do we 'treat the cause'?

Eric - Are you acknowledging that the cause of this are Muslim Men who have immigrated into Germany ?
    No I am acknowledging that you made a statement at the start of the thread and I am wondering what it means. Hopefully you will give us some insight into your thought process.

I don't know what happened in Germany, can only really go by what is reported - which is lots of sexual assaults of various severity by gangs of men who appear to be recent migrants.

Eric - genuine question - what in your opinion was the cause of sexual attacks in Germany on NYE ?
    I think the cause was the people who did the attacks. You probably think it is culture or ideology but I tend to think people should be held to account for their own individual actions.

I will launch another futile attempt to get you to explain your own wittering. Can you tell us what you mean by 'Would be better to treat the cause not the symptom'?

No need for that tone is there ?

In my opinion - the cause of the sex attacks on women in Germany and other countries by the way etc were muslim men, who were immigrants into Europe from various Islamic countries.

So if these men are the cause (which you seem to think as well) then their movement needs to curtailed, extra vetting of all men to try and verify any previous history of sex attacks in their own country etc etc

I know you dont like to admit it Eric - but muslim men (not christian men or Jewish men or atheist men) did this - not all of them I know obviously. They obviously acted in this way like kids in a sweet shop, knowing they probably wouldnt get caught and the punishment would be nothing anyway.

The German Police had 1200 reports of sex attacks to deal with didn't they ? , so the fact that we can narrow this down to gender, religion, citizen status and probably age etc - I think points to 'bad people' from a narrow section / culture being the cause. And it is these people that should be targeted by Police - rather than give women a safe area to celebrate NYE instead.

There you go - that is just my opinion though Eric, we all have different ones. I havent thrown any barbs or insults at you, and apologise in advance for any offence caused to you etc.
    Roughly how many Muslim men were involved in the attacks?