+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How in heavens name did we lose that game today?

How in heavens name did we lose that game today?

The boys were superb from start to finish. On another day we might have won 4-2.

Still in shock.

Nothing like the previous three games.

Re: How in heavens name did we lose that game today?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    The boys were superb from start to finish. On another day we might have won 4-2.

Still in shock.

Ladbroke Grove a graveyard?

Festive season?

Just two possibilities.

Still in shock.

Weak defending for the two goals.

I think that superb is stretching it (no team that conceded goals like that can be considered ‘superb’) although it was an improved performance and we should have at least got a draw.

But we didn’t and it is no one’s fault but our own as QPR were ordinary.

Blaming the ref is just avoiding the fact that we didn’t defend properly or take our chances.

Zohore looked uninterested and lazy.
    There were some fantastic balls flashed across the face of the goal and there wasn’t one City player attempting to get on the end of 1 of them (there were at least 4 of those)

It’s easy to complain about the two QPR goals. One was a brilliant solo effort the other I accept looked like a free header.

I know what I saw there today. We were bloody unlucky to lose and we were better than Or at worst as good as QPR for certain.

We are not getting any breaks at the moment and the team spirit after Jo scored the penalty was clear for all to see.

We need to win 4 on the bounce now and I think we will.

It’s easy to complain about the two QPR goals. One was a brilliant solo effort the other I accept looked like a free header.

I know what I saw there today. We were bloody unlucky to lose and we were better than Or at worst as good as QPR for certain.

We are not getting any breaks at the moment and the team spirit after Jo scored the penalty was clear for all to see.

We need to win 4 on the bounce now and I think we will.
    hope you are right Mr Always

We could have still been 2nd today with a win which is remarkable. Even now we are still 3rd but villa and boro are in the rise. This season won’t be good for anyone with a heart condition.

Thought we looked low on confidence dis-jointed unbalanced and didn't play with width today. we were a bit unlucky on the decisions but we lose and go up a place to 3rd. Nice break now...Warnock sort it out Warnock Warnock sort it out.

Post Re: How in heavens name did we lose that game today?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Zohore looked uninterested and lazy.
    There were some fantastic balls flashed across the face of the goal and there wasn’t one City player attempting to get on the end of 1 of them (there were at least 4 of those)
    Zohore has been given a pretty thankless tasks. He's played 300 minutes in the space of 9 days, but hadn't played at all for 2 months or so before it. He was limping and hobbling for long periods yesterday; presumably running on empty. Hopefully he will have a good 2 week break now and be ready for the Sunderland game both fit and refreshed.

I thought we played really well 1st half yesterday and said at half time that I was confident we would go on to win the game, as long as we continued to do the basics well. We got in front and then let the tallest guy on the pitch have a free header to equalise and were straight away up against it.

We may have players back in the squad following injury, but we've got players who haven't been introduced back into the fold correctly; because we've had no choice. Players like Bryson and Bogle, being chucked straight back in and then having to miss even more game time. Jazz Richards being on the bench yesterday; Bennett probably should never have played either. Zohore as mentioned above. None of them have even played reserve football to try and get some minutes under their belt.

Warnock has a couple of decent signings in mind to push us on; as well as a few players to supplement the U23 squad, who can fill in gaps in our squad when needed.

Interested to see what happens with the FA Cup game on the weekend. There's players who need match fitness but apart from that I'd put out a relatively young side and just hope for the best. I think the worst result for us would be a draw!

We'll be ok, we've got the right manager to get us going again.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Zohore has been given a pretty thankless tasks. He's played 300 minutes in the space of 9 days, but hadn't played at all for 2 months or so before it. He was limping and hobbling for long periods yesterday; presumably running on empty. Hopefully he will have a good 2 week break now and be ready for the Sunderland game both fit and refreshed.

I thought we played really well 1st half yesterday and said at half time that I was confident we would go on to win the game, as long as we continued to do the basics well. We got in front and then let the tallest guy on the pitch have a free header to equalise and were straight away up against it.

We may have players back in the squad following injury, but we've got players who haven't been introduced back into the fold correctly; because we've had no choice. Players like Bryson and Bogle, being chucked straight back in and then having to miss even more game time. Jazz Richards being on the bench yesterday; Bennett probably should never have played either. Zohore as mentioned above. None of them have even played reserve football to try and get some minutes under their belt.

Warnock has a couple of decent signings in mind to push us on; as well as a few players to supplement the U23 squad, who can fill in gaps in our squad when needed.

Interested to see what happens with the FA Cup game on the weekend. There's players who need match fitness but apart from that I'd put out a relatively young side and just hope for the best. I think the worst result for us would be a draw!

We'll be ok, we've got the right manager to get us going again.
    The voice of reason 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    The voice of reason 👍
    Two positive replys in one thread. Boards going to rack and ruin.

I thought there was some improvement, and QPR didn't work as hard as the last few sides we've played. But we were still second best.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought there was some improvement, and QPR didn't work as hard as the last few sides we've played. But we were still second best.
    I agree that there was definitely an improvement but disagree that we were second best. We were in complete control in the first half and should have got at least a draw if not for sloppy defending.

QPR were ordinary and having seen the whole game for myself I just can't see how we were second best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I agree that there was definitely an improvement but disagree that we were second best. We were in complete control in the first half and should have got at least a draw if not for sloppy defending.

QPR were ordinary and having seen the whole game for myself I just can't see how we were second best.
    I saw the whole game and for a while in the second half it looked like QPR might score every time they attacked they could easily have had scored 4 or 5. I just don't think we created that much.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I saw the whole game and for a while in the second half it looked like QPR might score every time they attacked they could easily have had scored 4 or 5. I just don't think we created that much.
    They hit the post and bar didnt they?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post

Venue also a major league factor. Isn’t Ladbroke Grove right up there with Deepdale, Carrie Rd in terms of bogey venue/team etc etc???

Carrow- spell check is killing me😡

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    They did. There was a 10-15 minute spell when we were getting battered.

2018-01-01-qpr-cardiff.jpg

The xg suggests that it was a close game, on another day we could have come away with 1 or even 3 points, but we haven't been firing on all cylinders in attacking for quite a while now.
    Our early season form we were consistently above 2 xg
    Now this was as close to 2 as we have been in a long time.
    I think teams have worked out how to play us and we need a change in personnel to freshen things up