+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disallowed goal footage

Disallowed goal footage

Re: Disallowed goal footage

He looked offside when ball was played, doesn't matter that it hit QPR player.

Shocking did the players complain to the ref?

The QPR player played the ball tackling zahore

The problem we had was the linesman allowed Hoilett to take a touch, shoot and score before he put the flag up.
    If he’d missed I doubt he would’ve flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    The problem we had was the linesman allowed Hoilett to take a touch, shoot and score before he put the flag up.
    If he’d missed I doubt he would’ve flagged.
    And if it were QPR he wouldn’t have flagged

To be fair the the linesman, you could see how he might not have seen the touch off the QPR player from his angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Paused it at 8 seconds, and Hoilett is the furthest player forward in the camera shot. Based on that, he was offside when the Cardiff player played the ball.

Hopefully these thing even themselves out over a season. Other cliches are available but it does make me feel a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Paused it at 8 seconds, and Hoilett is the furthest player forward in the camera shot. Based on that, he was offside when the Cardiff player played the ball.
    Who played It? It wasn't zahore

But that doesn't matter, he could have been on the goal line, the ball was played by the QPR player in a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    But that doesn't matter, he could have been on the goal line, the ball was played by the QPR player in a tackle.
    Definitely cheated out of an equaliser by the officials.

Cardiff manager Neil Warnock told BBC Sport Wales: "The referee is in a good position... he thinks the ball was deflected and clearly it's [QPR midfielder Josh] Scowen who has played the ball - so he [Hoilett] can't be offside.

"It's hard enough for us to score goals without having officials chalk them off wrongly, it's very deflating and I thought he missed a penalty in the first 14 minutes.

"It's scandalous at the moment, I've never known it as poor, the officials, at the moment."

Not offside.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Who played It? It wasn't zahore
    I think Zohore played it, then it came off the QPR lad.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Cardiff manager Neil Warnock told BBC Sport Wales: "The referee is in a good position... he thinks the ball was deflected and clearly it's [QPR midfielder Josh] Scowen who has played the ball - so he [Hoilett] can't be offside.

"It's hard enough for us to score goals without having officials chalk them off wrongly, it's very deflating and I thought he missed a penalty in the first 14 minutes.

"It's scandalous at the moment, I've never known it as poor, the officials, at the moment."
    If the ref saw the deflection then why the bloody hell didn’t he ignore the linesman?

I think Zohore played it, then it came off the QPR lad.
    Once the ball hit the QPR player, then he “played” it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post

Refereeing is poor, but it's poor for both teams. Warnock whinging about it after every defeat is boring though. He's taking pressure off his team by moaning about the ref (again), Mourinho and Wenger do the same. Has he made any comments about errors he has made in the last 4 games, or is the fact that Cardiff emerged from the Christmas period with 0 points from 4 games all down to poor refereeing?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Once the ball hit the QPR player, then he “played” it.
    Yes, but Zohore played it first. When Zohore played it, the player was offside. There is no doubt that Hoilett was offside when the ball was played by Zohore - the fact it then came off the QPR player is a moot point.

Refereeing is poor, but it's poor for both teams. Warnock whinging about it after every defeat is boring though. He's taking pressure off his team by moaning about the ref (again), Mourinho and Wenger do the same. Has he made any comments about errors he has made in the last 4 games, or is the fact that Cardiff emerged from the Christmas period with 0 points from 4 games all down to poor refereeing?
    I do not think anyone has said that

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If the ref saw the deflection then why the bloody hell didn’t he ignore the linesman?
    OK.

Do you agree Zohore played the ball, then it deflected off the QPR player?

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I do not think anyone has said that
    Said what?

Said what?
    Bad refs have lost the games.

What if Zohore going to shoot at goal? Then Hoilett wouldn't have been interfering, but the QPR defender directed the ball to Hoilett.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    What if Zohore going to shoot at goal? Then Hoilett wouldn't have been interfering, but the QPR defender directed the ball to Hoilett.
    Doesn't look like he's aiming to shoot there - he's looking at the space that Hoilett is running into.