+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disallowed goal footage

Re: Disallowed goal footage

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Bad refs have lost the games.
    Then why do Warnock, Wenger, Mourinho only ever mention it after losing?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Yes, but Zohore played it first. When Zohore played it, the player was offside. There is no doubt that Hoilett was offside when the ball was played by Zohore - the fact it then came off the QPR player is a moot point.
    Ok so let’s say that, instead of a short pass Zohore has hit the ball long and the QPR defender headed it onto Hoilett? It’s the same thing.

OK.

Do you agree Zohore played the ball, then it deflected off the QPR player?
    But again, it doesn't matter, if he had played the ball through then the lino raises his flag when it gets to Hoillet.
    As a QPR player touched it on its way then he is not offside.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Ok so let’s say that, instead of a short pass Zohore has hit the ball long and the QPR defender headed it onto Hoilett? It’s the same thing.
    OK - in your scenario is Hoilett in an offside position when Zohore plays the ball?

Doesn't look like he's aiming to shoot there - he's looking at the space that Hoilett is running into.
    Looked to me as if the defender kicked it and not Zohore, but it's a grainy image so can't be sure. I'm not sure on the rules on this one but it looks as if we had a poor decision go against us. That's the luck we're getting at present.

We were robbed of a point

Doesn't look like he's aiming to shoot there - he's looking at the space that Hoilett is running into.
    I thought he was taking a touch before getting a shot off (he should have known Hoilett was offside), but that still has nothing to do with the fact that it was the QPR player who directed the ball towards Hoilett.

No proof Zohore touched it. Certainly didn’t look like Zahore was about to play it to Hoilett so Hoilett only become active when the QPR player played it.

Pointless argument anyway. It wasn’t given so that’s the end of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    But again, it doesn't matter, if he had played the ball through then the lino raises his flag when it gets to Hoillet.
    As a QPR player touched it on its way then he is not offside.
    Completely wrong, I'm afraid.

Let me give you this as a scenario.

QPR hit the ball long on a counter attack to a striker who is ahead of the last defender. Offside? Yes.

Suddenly, Manga/Bamba manage to get their head to the ball, but succeed only in deflecting the ball further towards the QPR striker. Is the QPR striker now, suddenly, onside? No he isn't.

Here's another scenario.

Zohore hits the ball forwards to Hoilett, who is in an onside position, but anticipates the pass better than the slow defender. The slow defender slides to stop the ball going through, but succeeds only in knocking the ball towards Hoilett who is now "in an offside position". In that scenario, Hoilett is onside because he was onside at the time that Zohore played the ball.

In this video, Hoilett is clearly offside when Zohore plays the ball initially. That the ball then deflects off a QPR defender is neither here nor there. If Hoilett was onside when Zohore initially plays the ball, but was offside when the ball was deflected towards him - then the goal should stand. However, that is not what happened, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    To be fair the the linesman, you could see how he might not have seen the touch off the QPR player from his angle.
    The fact the ref has to go over and had a deep discussion with the linesman suggests the referee seen the touch from the QPR player.
    I think it was a case of the referee getting overruled by the linesman. The referee was happy to give it.

OK - in your scenario is Hoilett in an offside position when Zohore plays the ball?
    Feks sake, dont know what Barry's answer is but Hoillet is inactive until he touches the ball, he could be standing anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No proof Zohore touched it. Certainly didn’t look like Zahore was about to play it to Hoilett so Hoilett only become active when the QPR player played it.

Pointless argument anyway. It wasn’t given so that’s the end of the matter.
    Do you begrudge all having a game of You Are The Ref?

Completely wrong, I'm afraid.

Let me give you this as a scenario.

QPR hit the ball long on a counter attack to a striker who is ahead of the last defender. Offside? Yes.

Suddenly, Manga/Bamba manage to get their head to the ball, but succeed only in deflecting the ball further towards the QPR striker. Is the QPR striker now, suddenly, onside? No he isn't.

Yes he is, we've scored from similar situations in the past.

Here's another scenario.

Zohore hits the ball forwards to Hoilett, who is in an onside position, but anticipates the pass better than the slow defender. The slow defender slides to stop the ball going through, but succeeds only in knocking the ball towards Hoilett who is now "in an offside position". In that scenario, Hoilett is onside because he was onside at the time that Zohore played the ball.

In this video, Hoilett is clearly offside when Zohore plays the ball initially. That the ball then deflects off a QPR defender is neither here nor there. If Hoilett was onside when Zohore initially plays the ball, but was offside when the ball was deflected towards him - then the goal should stand. However, that is not what happened, is it?
    I agree with Hartley,it wasn't give pointless arguing about it.

Feks sake, dont know what Barry's answer is but Hoillet is inactive until he touches the ball, he could be standing anywhere.
    This is how I see it, and it was the QPR player who directed the ball to him. Outcome: GOAL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    The fact the ref has to go over and had a deep discussion with the linesman suggests the referee seen the touch from the QPR player.
    I think it was a case of the referee getting overruled by the linesman. The referee was happy to give it.
    That isn't a fact at all! He may have asked the linesman if he saw who played the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you begrudge all having a game of You Are The Ref?
    Just wait until you get video refs. Talking points like this will no longer exist, and the board will be full of trip advisor reviews of Ben fooking Nevis.

I agree with Hartley,it wasn't give pointless arguing about it.
    I disagree with Hartley because a discussion isn't an argument

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I disagree with Hartley because a discussion isn't an argument
    You can’t have a discussion with Jirga. Impossible.

Agreed. From where I was stood the ball was clearly played by the QPR player putting Junior onside. 100% the goal should have stood.

The ref got talked out of it by the linesman. He and the lino had a good 1min + discussion before giving it offside which shows it was far from clear cut. I think the officials ended up just winging it. The most decisive point for me was that when the Ref was questioned by Bamba immediately after it was disallowed and the Ref gestured by punching his fist together to indicate that they'd judged both Zohore and the defender made contact simultaneously which is consistent with the video, but in my book this means the goal should still stand as originally awarded by the Ref as it was not played by a City player.

However a draw would've disguised a lot of failings - strange selection and losing from a deserved winning position to very limited QPR side.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    The ref got talked out of it by the linesman. He and the lino had a good 1min + discussion before giving it offside which shows it was far from clear cut. I think the officials ended up just winging it. The most decisive point for me was that when the Ref was questioned by Bamba immediately after it was disallowed and the Ref gestured by punching his fist together to indicate that they'd judged both Zohore and the defender made contact simultaneously which is consistent with the video, but in my book this means the goal should still stand as originally awarded by the Ref as it was not played by a City player.

However a draw would've disguised a lot of failings - strange selection and losing from a deserved winning position to very limited QPR side.
    The ball would not have gone to Hoilett without the contribution from the QPR player, as was responsible for the volocity and direction.

That isn't a fact at all! He may have asked the linesman if he saw who played the ball.
    Well it is though isn’t it?
    How often do you see a referee actually going over to discuss an offside decision?
    Hardly ever, they usually trust their assistants decision.
    As I said, today, the assistant watched Hoilett take a touch, shoot, score and half celebrate before he raised his flag.
    Cause for concern no?