+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your second team?

What's your second team?

I just replied to a post stating that I always routed for Villa when they were trying to survive in the Premier League.

Recently however, I have to say that I always look out for Forest Green's results. Unfortunately, they're the worst team in the Football League at the moment.
    Last edited by B. Oddie; 01-01-18 at 19:17. Reason: Missed a word out.

Re: What's your second team?

Honestly haven't got one. I keep an eye on Newport sorry to say but you couldn't call it support. More tracking their progress back to the league and how they have got on since. Wrexham for that matter.

Ely Rangers

Cardiff City reserves

First Team

Spurs. The family team on one side and one of my secondary schools backed onto their stadium. Had I not been taken to see the City by the Cardiff based grandfather then they would almost certainly have been my team. Not sure if that counts as a narrow escape or not.

Caerdydd

Second team would be putting it too strongly - but the only other team I watch where I feel a bit like a home fan is Sheffield F.C.:

Oldest football club in the world (1857)

Play in Evo-Stick Northern Premier League Division One South (8th tier) - currently 18th (out of 22 teams). Basford United are running away with it! (no idea where is Basford!)

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I just replied to a post stating that I always routed for Villa when they were trying to survive in the Premier League.

Recently however, I have to say that I always look out for Forest Green's results. Unfortunately, they're the worst team in the Football League at the moment.
    That's out of order young man.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Barrow FC (The Bluebirds)

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

I was hoping that Forest Green would do a bit better than they are. I have a few teams I look out for, Accrington Stanley (they do an amazing job considering their God-awful attendances), Newport County and Rochdale.

In Clough's days, Forest were my second team - always a good team to watch pre-1992.

Macc Town for me. Went and watched them on Saturday and it was quite refreshing to see how far Cardiff have come if that will be League 2 next season!!!

I tend to check the results of the three other major Welsh teams and Exeter (the nearest team to me) and, to a lesser extent, Coventry, who I used to see occasionally as a kid as my father was from that city. I occasionally check the results of two teams I used to occasionally watch when living away i.e. Gladbach, Charlton and Dunfermline.

I always check how Accrington Stanley have done. Every season they seem to start well before they begin their inexorable descent towards the relegation zone. Even if they are top at Christmas I wonder if they have enough points to survive the drop.

Barcelona I did like AC Milan as a kid

Looking out for Blackburn results this season since Whitts has gone there.

I also look out for Grimsby Town results to hope they lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I tend to check the results of the three other major Welsh teams and Exeter (the nearest team to me) and, to a lesser extent, Coventry, who I used to see occasionally as a kid as my father was from that city. I occasionally check the results of two teams I used to occasionally watch when living away i.e. Gladbach, Charlton and Dunfermline.
    Three. I edited.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Looking out for Blackburn results this season since Whitts has gone there.

I also look out for Grimsby Town results to hope they lose.
    No need to hope

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    No need to hope
    They do draw quite a lot. 0-0 usually. Must be the most boring club in the country to support. Awful football and boring interviews filled with cliches and sound bites from the manager.

He said they played well for first 10 minutes yesterday

SLADE OUT

Always liked Newcastle as a kid, especially as Speed and Bellamy were there at the time.

Second has to be Real Madrid, by default. I want them to win whenever Bale is playing and feel gutted when they don't, and they are my FIFA team of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Always liked Newcastle as a kid, especially as Speed and Bellamy were there at the time.

Second has to be Real Madrid, by default. I want them to win whenever Bale is playing and feel gutted when they don't, and they are my FIFA team of choice.
    Viking Stavanger. Always had a soft spot for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Viking Stavanger. Always had a soft spot for them.
    Not Den Haag?

grudingly malmö ff as i live in malmö

No second team but keep an eye out for Aberdeen as family originated from there. Been to the Granite City but never Pittodrie itself which is right by the coast Must be bloody cold watching games there with the wind coming straight off the North Sea.

I quite like Spurs and I probably will until around 9:30 tonight.

Merthyr. And now they are reborn Hereford FC. No time at all for the other 91 league clubs as it is us against the world. But a special hatred always saved for liverpool