+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From bad to worse as Cardiff’s wobble becomes something more serious.

From bad to worse as Cardiff’s wobble becomes something more serious.

Re: From bad to worse as Cardiff’s wobble becomes something more serious.

Another good read and summary of our latest performance.
    I’ve always been in the minority when it comes to cup competitions, in that I always want a City manager to put out the strongest 11 available, who ever the opposition, and whether we are chasing promotion or involved in a relegation battle.
    In all my yrs of watching football, I’ve never seen any cast iron proof that putting out a weakened team in a cup tie, pays dividends in the final outcome of a teams season.
    I remember a few seasons ago now, when Burnley managed to go deep into both domestic cups and still managed promotion to the premiership.
    Only last season Lincoln City got to the FA cup qtr finals and still managed promotion.
    For me, keeping a winning mentality, or in our case this Saturday, trying to get a confidence boosting win, is the only show in town.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’ve always been in the minority when it comes to cup competitions, in that I always want a City manager to put out the strongest 11 available, who ever the opposition, and whether we are chasing promotion or involved in a relegation battle.
    In all my yrs of watching football, I’ve never seen any cast iron proof that putting out a weakened team in a cup tie, pays dividends in the final outcome of a teams season.
    I remember a few seasons ago now, when Burnley managed to go deep into both domestic cups and still managed promotion to the premiership.
    Only last season Lincoln City got to the FA cup qtr finals and still managed promotion.
    For me, keeping a winning mentality, or in our case this Saturday, trying to get a confidence boosting win, is the only show in town.
    Half our team are carrying knocks and we're being decimated by injuries to key players. If he plays one first teamer, that would be one too many. We could also lose at this rate. Upsets can and do happen and we'd be prime candidates given our current form.

If the injury situation is worse than "you don't know half of it", perhaps Mr. Warnock should investigate what his assistants are doing on the training pitch as it now seems to have infected the dressing room.
    Come on Neil, please sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Half our team are carrying knocks and we're being decimated by injuries to key players. If he plays one first teamer, that would be one too many. We could also lose at this rate. Upsets can and do happen and we'd be prime candidates given our current form.
    There is even more chance of it happening if we hand the game on a plate to the opposition!

Quote Originally Posted by 50yearfan View Post
    If the injury situation is worse than "you don't know half of it", perhaps Mr. Warnock should investigate what his assistants are doing on the training pitch as it now seems to have infected the dressing room.
    Come on Neil, please sort it out.
    It's difficult, because it seems that we are getting different types of injury and, speaking as a layman, I would have thought that the same type of injury would keep in occurring if there was something wrong with the training. However, I agree that the club should be asking why are we getting so many injuries -I cannot remember a season where we had so many important players missing for so long and so many players (e.g. Peltier, Bennett, Bryson, Bogle) who don't seem to be able to shake an injury off fully.

There is even more chance of it happening if we hand the game on a plate to the opposition!
    I know but if it isn't the first team, who really cares if we lose? Get kids like Coxe and Harris some first team experience. If we lose 4 league games on the spin and then to Mansfield, pick up another injury or two we're going to be in real trouble. Rest up, send them all off to Dubai/get them treatment and focus on Sunderland. Our season is in real danger about petering out and ideally I'd like to play our strongest team but that's not feasible right now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's difficult, because it seems that we are getting different types of injury and, speaking as a layman, I would have thought that the same type of injury would keep in occurring if there was something wrong with the training. However, I agree that the club should be asking why are we getting so many injuries -I cannot remember a season where we had so many important players missing for so long and so many players (e.g. Peltier, Bennett, Bryson, Bogle) who don't seem to be able to shake an injury off fully.
    The sheer number of soft tissue muscle injuries we are having are frightening. It's either incredibly bad luck or questions have to be asked about the training or what is going on re recovery. This question was often raised with Wenger at Arsenal and apparently (I'm not one!) but physios say these are the injuries that can be avoided. We have players that come back, get injured again and then this situation repeats itself. However, in most cases, I think they're there out of necessity.

I'm with you in saying that we should field our strongest side for all of the Cup games we play as a matter of principle, but I don't see it happening on Saturday and, with the current structure which sees senior players sometimes going for weeks without getting any game time, Cup matches have become the only way that some of them, and any promising youngsters we have, can expect to play a first team game.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    In all the games we lost (apart from Fulham) there were chances that would have swung the game to us, yesterday being one of the them, no excuses though that's the way the cookie crumbles etc.

Mansfield - Div 4 side that are in the top 6, they'll fancy this to get a draw at least. Murphy / Camp need a run out, as does Healey. Connolly needs a start, Halford, Tomlin also. Im struggling to think who we have left that isnt injured and needs a run out.
    We did not have any chances of note against Bolton or PNE. I was at both games and we didn't have a shot on target against Bolton. We've not been unlucky, we've not been good enough.

“Clutching at straws”, going through “pain barriers” playing with injuries blah blah.

The only ones going through significant pain barriers are the fans, having to endure the current dross on offer. I also fear it will be more of the same in Saturday when the plucky Stags come visiting.

I know many who already regret decision to buy half season tickets😡

We did not have any chances of note against Bolton or PNE. I was at both games and we didn't have a shot on target against Bolton. We've not been unlucky, we've not been good enough.
    Well according to Warnock we’ve lost 4 in a row but in 3 of the 4 we were by far the better team by some distance.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well according to Warnock we’ve lost 4 in a row but in 3 of the 4 we were by far the better team by some distance.
    Shows what I know. I thought we were absolutely awful and didn't create any meaningful chances vs Bolton and PNE. Glad I've been proved otherwise...

Shows what I know. I thought we were absolutely awful and didn't create any meaningful chances vs Bolton and PNE. Glad I've been proved otherwise...
    We were shite at Bolton, although what did we expect with the human-sloth hybrid that is Greg Halford playing the full 90?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We were shite at Bolton, although what did we expect with the human-sloth hybrid that is Greg Halford playing the full 90?
    Halford was far from our worst player. Also, since he hasn't played every side has walked through our midfield at will, until Peltier played there.

We need a scapegoat though, so Halford it is.

Halford was far from our worst player. Also, since he hasn't played every side has walked through our midfield at will, until Peltier played there.

We need a scapegoat though, so Halford it is.
    He was certainly up there, we couldn't create anything in midfield despite Bolton being there for the taking and being visibly nervous whenever we had the ball, lost the ball for the second goal but that can't be helped as we were pushing for it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He was certainly up there, we couldn't create anything in midfield despite Bolton being there for the taking and being visibly nervous whenever we had the ball, lost the ball for the second goal but that can't be helped as we were pushing for it
    We were shite. That's not all on Halford. Bolton were rubbish but they did a job on us, like we've done to other teams.

Why did the players go to Amsterdam for a Xmas party ?

That must have done them the world of good.

Not.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Why did the players go to Amsterdam for a Xmas party ?

That must have done them the world of good.

Not.
    Let it go mun

Anyway it's up to them what they do on their time off

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    “Clutching at straws”, going through “pain barriers” playing with injuries blah blah.

The only ones going through significant pain barriers are the fans, having to endure the current dross on offer. I also fear it will be more of the same in Saturday when the plucky Stags come visiting.

I know many who already regret decision to buy half season tickets��
    Do I take it that they missed the first half of the season and all its glory?

Played a lot better yesterday and was very unlucky not to get anything out of that. The two goals we conceded were disappointing but that Smith is a big lad and must be difficult to stop him getting his head to things, he seems to do it to us quite regular. Thought at the game our disallowed goal was offside but having seen it back i'm not too sure, when the ref and linesman deliberated for awhile I was convinced the referee was going to overrule him but it just wasn't to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post

I know many who already regret decision to buy half season tickets😡
    Why would you regret buying a half season ticket based on a few games.... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Why would you regret buying a half season ticket based on a few games.... ?
    Because our fans are as fickle as they come?

Mansfield are unbeaten in the last five games and have only lost once since the beginning of November.