+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fined for turning left while driving in Cardiff

Re: Fined for turning left while driving in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its just a money making scheme, a real shame we have to put up with it

I will be getting a letter and a fine from Swindon yesterday, popped out for lunch and popped into the outlets, turning into the car park ( so i thought ) I am 25 meters down the road and i spot a "bus only " sign, you really couldnt see it from the main road till you are on the road, then you have nowhere to go except straight ahead and down the road which is " bus only " its a joke
    Similar thing happened to me in Oxford - I wasn't sure of the city, first time I spotted a "Buses only" sign it was too late for me to stop and turn (what with there being a bus up my exhaust pipe). £60 that cost me.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I wasn't driving.I was on a rickshaw
    Well that should count as a taxi and they are allowed in bus lanes, you should appeal!

Never take shortcuts

Think I was lucky. I was dropping wifie off to catch the Megabus near the Hilton early one Saturday morning. She had been given directions by a friend which I dozily followed (it was about 06.00). I drove down Park Place towards the New Theatre as directed and went straight on at the lights. Thought it was a bit odd that there were no 'straight on' arrows on the road. Found myself in the bus lane travelling towards the New Theatre and could do nothing about it. This was about six weeks ago - and still not had a brown envelope. I checked afterwards and I can't see any cameras pointing at this lane. Phew!