Thread: Wolves romping away with it

Wolves romping away with it

2-0 up v Brentford. 15 mins to go

Re: Wolves romping away with it

Latest

Fulham 2-1 up on Ipswich

Reading 0-1 Birmingham

It’s about 4c and pissing it down in the midlands. So much for them not being able to hack a British winter.

Bloody marvelous side , are they becoming the greatest Championship side of all time .

Update

Wolves 3 - 0 Brentford
    Fulham 4 - 1 Ipswich
    Readiing 0 - 2 Birmingham

(Pearcey going to be pissed)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody marvelous side , are they becoming the greatest Championship side of all time .
    11 days ago we were 4 points behind them, now, after a disaster of a Christmas, it’s 14.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Having only seen them against the Wurzels, us and one other game. I am yet to be that impressed with their play. Their run of results on the other hand, is most impressive.

Fair play to them. I was one who thought they might suffer in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Fair play to them. I was one who thought they might suffer in the winter.
    We're only two weeks in. Give it time.

The way they're going they'll be challenging Reading's 106 point record from 2005/06. That was a cracking side, we finished mid-table that season and they beat us 10-3 on aggregate home and away.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The way they're going they'll be challenging Reading's 106 point record from 2005/06. That was a cracking side, we finished mid-table that season and they beat us 10-3 on aggregate home and away.
    Yeah that was a cracking side the best at this level and done brilliantly first season up 5-2 I think the home game was sure they scored a late goal as well

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Yeah that was a cracking side the best at this level and done brilliantly first season up 5-2 I think the home game was sure they scored a late goal as well
    We could do with another James Harper now.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Reading were unbelievable that season. Gave City a real drubbing at NP. This Wolves team are better, but I think the league is tougher. They won't beat 106 points, will probably coast the last month playing reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Having only seen them against the Wurzels, us and one other game. I am yet to be that impressed with their play. Their run of results on the other hand, is most impressive.
    What are you unimpressed about? I've been lurking here and seeing comments like this with no actual backing. I'm very curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves View Post
    What are you unimpressed about? I've been lurking here and seeing comments like this with no actual backing. I'm very curious.
    I’m sure most of our fans would acknowledge that you have a very good team, that’s undeniable. The anti wolves posts on here have generally been directed at some of your more twattish fans for some rather arrogant comments earlier in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    It’s about 4c and pissing it down in the midlands. So much for them not being able to hack a British winter.
    That would be us

Quote Originally Posted by Wolves View Post
    Some of the comments I've read from Wolves fans make it seem like they think you're like Man City or something. Wolves have a good team, but from what I've seen, it's just a good Championship team. You were 2nd best when we played you, you failed to impress at Bristol. Got the result though, so well done.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Some of the comments I've read from Wolves fans make it seem like they think you're like Man City or something. Wolves have a good team, but from what I've seen, it's just a good Championship team. You were 2nd best when we played you, you failed to impress at Bristol. Got the result though, so well done.
    Failed to impress with 11 vs 10 for an hour. Murdered them 10 on 10.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfinsheepsclothing View Post
    Nice to always end up playing 10 men

Yep Wolves could break our 106 points record.
    I cannot believe Stam hasn’t been sacked. Sick and tired of watching this rubbish and have a son who doesn’t want to watch this laboured garbage any more. We are heading for relegation having spent the best part of £20 million on signings during 2017.

Yep when caveleiro came on totally bossed the game

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I’m sure most of our fans would acknowledge that you have a very good team, that’s undeniable. The anti wolves posts on here have generally been directed at some of your more twattish fans for some rather arrogant comments earlier in the season.
    I think this is a very reasonable summary of the situation. Wolves are a very good team that have been expensively assembled. The fact that our comparatively bargain basement team had the nerve to go to Molinuex and win earlier this season appeared to annoy a lot of people on the Wolves messageboards resulting in the arrogant comments that you refer to. Like many other teams they don't like our manager which inevitably results in an unbalanced response and, on the day, they did not like our more "combative" approach. If Wolves throughout their history had played pure as the driven snow Barcelona type football then their criticisms might be valid. However, they haven't so their criticisms can be regarded as not only arrogant but hypocritical. I suspect we may have done them a favour that day as teams who "don't like it up 'em" will always find it difficult in the Championship and that may have been a wake up call. Even the excellent Reading team of 2005/06 had their fair share of "street-wise" players and were cannily managed.

"Murder them"? You were on top for the last 15 minutes.