+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales job.

Wales job.

It’s Ryan Giggs for Wales manager then - John Hartson says so.

Re: Wales job.

Personally I can't think of a worse choice.
    Why don't they just give it to Bellamy???

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Personally I can't think of a worse choice.
    Why don't they just give it to Bellamy???
    I'd prefer to give it to Bobby Gould than Ryan Giggs. Would be a terrible appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    John Hartson says so.
    He must have been up all night practicing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42548930

Is it only Cardiff fans who don't seem to have much time for Giggs? Did he get the same sort of reception from Swansea fans when he played there in the Premier League as he did here?

I see Osian Roberts wants the job according to the BBC piece - he's the guy I'd appoint.

Hartson modestly says there are one or two others ahead of him in the running. Thank goodness for that.

Osian Roberts should be given it if he wants it. I think he has earned the right but it's a dilemma because he's so good at his current job. You can't hold that against someone wanting to improve themselves though.

If it were Giggs then so be it. I didn't want Coleman and he did well. Ended badly but he exceeded my expectations so I will afford Giggs with the open mind that I didn't give Coleman.

Still prefer Osian.

Hartson is desperate for a top job.
    He may get the Wales job one day once the rest of the Welsh population has had it.

Sparky will be looking for a job next week.

As time goes on, I think it's looking more likely it could be Carl Robinson. Feel like if they really wanted Giggs they could have just done it straight away rather than waiting until January.

Please God! Not John Hartson!

Quote Originally Posted by ae15 View Post
    As time goes on, I think it's looking more likely it could be Carl Robinson. Feel like if they really wanted Giggs they could have just done it straight away rather than waiting until January.
    I was thinking about this and decided that they might be letting the idea 'sink in' after initial negative feedback. Not such a big deal when it's announced. The FAW are pretty canny these days. It could well be that they haven't interviewed all the candidates your right Robinson is defo in the frame.

I'm not sure about Osian Roberts being the manager, but I think it is vital they chose a manager that is willing to work with him to provide some continuity. I went on a coaching conference at Treforest in 2016, and the way he spoke about the game left me with no doubt he is instrumental in decision making regarding tactics etc.

Carl Robinson was spotted having a coffee with Osian Roberts in Swansea yesterday

Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    I'm not sure about Osian Roberts being the manager, but I think it is vital they chose a manager that is willing to work with him to provide some continuity. I went on a coaching conference at Treforest in 2016, and the way he spoke about the game left me with no doubt he is instrumental in decision making regarding tactics etc.
    He has to be kept on. After so much work bringing Wales fans together to appoint Giggs would be a huge backwards step. I could only see it working at all with Osian Roberts behind the scenes. Giggs also has no real experience at any level of being a manager

Osian Roberts + Craig Bellamy = Dream Team

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    I'd prefer to give it to Bobby Gould than Ryan Giggs. Would be a terrible appointment.
    I'd prefer to give it to John Hartson than Ryan Giggs.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Carl Robinson was spotted having a coffee with Osian Roberts in Swansea yesterday

Just saying...
    I'm sure Mrs Roberts has been seen having a coffee with Osian too. perhaps she could do the job.