+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Film 18

Re: Film 18

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Really liked Hidden Figures.
    I got Dunkirk from Santa to watch at some point.I'm expecting big things.
    I thought Dunkirk had a ridiculous story line. All those little boats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    "The Shape of Water" - really odd film. Its up for awards at the moment. Really enjoyed it but Im dont think Ive ever seen a film quite like it. The IMDB description is "At a top secret research facility in the 1950s, a lonely janitor forms a unique relationship with an amphibious creature that is being held in captivity." That just about sums up the plot but its oddly captivating. Having said that, I can see people hating it too.
    I think oddly captivating sums it up nicely,its brilliantly paced and beautiful to just soak up and lose yourself in.
    Sally Hawkins is brilliant in it,to convey all those emotions playing a mute is superb.
    It would be just as good as a silent movie.

Watched Sicario last night. Enjoyed it. Nicely shot. Particularly enjoyed the border scene. There is a sequel released later this year I see.

Just watched American Made after I initially being put off because it’s Tom Cruise. He’s ok in it actually, worth a watch. True story too. He was flying drugs into the U.S on behalf of Escobar and co.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just watched American Made after I initially being put off because it’s Tom Cruise. He’s ok in it actually, worth a watch. True story too. He was flying drugs into the U.S on behalf of Escobar and co.
    Have you watched Narcos on Netflix? Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Have you watched Narcos on Netflix? Very good.
    It’s high up on my list. Watched the first series on Kodi.

Gonna finish off Peaky Blindered then onto Narcos

I've recently started watching outlander, i was hesitant at first because for some reason I thought it was just a soppy love story but feck me it gets evil and sick

The Revenant. Beautifully filed. Di Caprio certainly puts some effort into it. Apparently the ending is not as good as the finale in the book. Enjoyed it though.

There isn’t a lot going down on tv at mo. Last good series I saw was ozark. Gomorrah is ok mind. Would love to decent a decent film also.

Went to the Regal in Evesham last night. A traditional old school cinema where you are exported to your tables with huge comfortable chairs and asked if there is any food you want to order which is then duly delivered to your table. So much nicer than your typical multiplex.

As for the film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri it was ok. I’m surprised it was one of the films of 2017. Some of the dialogue worked. Some didn’t. I wasn’t remotely bothered about any of the characters. A 6/10.

I preferred Nightcrawler. Cynical and bleak and a bit creepy. Well done and with a better storyline than I had expected. A good 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Went to the Regal in Evesham last night. A traditional old school cinema where you are exported to your tables with huge comfortable chairs and asked if there is any food you want to order which is then duly delivered to your table. So much nicer than your typical multiplex.

As for the film Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri it was ok. I’m surprised it was one of the films of 2017. Some of the dialogue worked. Some didn’t. I wasn’t remotely bothered about any of the characters. A 6/10.

I preferred Nightcrawler. Cynical and bleak and a bit creepy. Well done and with a better storyline than I had expected. A good 7/10.
    Me and the mrs were in Evesham the other week, spent the evening in The Olde Swanne pub, what a great boozer, good grub, nice pint and cheap as chips.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Me and the mrs were in Evesham the other week, spent the evening in The Olde Swanne pub, what a great boozer, good grub, nice pint and cheap as chips.
    What surprised me is how many shops had closed down in Pope Street which is where the cinema is. It’s definitely cheaper as you cross the border from Gloucestershire into Worcestershire.

Just got back from watching Dog Island (Wes Anderson)

dog island.jpg

And last week saw The Square

the square.jpg

Both excellent, but very strange. The sort of films you come out of and have to talk about for hours!

Me and 'er indoors went to see 'Ready Player One' the other night. Much to our surprise we both enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Me and 'er indoors went to see 'Ready Player One' the other night. Much to our surprise we both enjoyed it.
    My lad saw this last week and seemed to enjoy it too.

Blue in the Face

Six part documentary on Netflix called Wild Wild Country. I don't really like Netflix content much, but this is phenomenal. It's about a commune in Oregon. That's all I'm saying. Don't allow yourself to see any spoilers. Don't watch a trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just got back from watching Dog Island (Wes Anderson)

dog island.jpg

And last week saw The Square

the square.jpg

Both excellent, but very strange. The sort of films you come out of and have to talk about for hours!
    Great films

I watched a film called eye in the sky on Netflix tonight, Helen Mirren, what a good film

Recently watched Fauda on Netflix .Gave a bit of insight to the Arab/Israel situation. Great Tv though ,did the whole series in a couple of days.
    Went to the movies under a bit of duress to watch The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society. Loved it , unusually didn’t fall asleep.Bit of a feel good movie ,with an edge.

T2 Trainspotting. Enjoyed it but it was darker than Trainspotting and had less funny moments. Still well worth a watch and a good 7/10.

I did watch black panther the other day and marvel can't do no wrong at the moment thoroughly enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I did watch black panther the other day and marvel can't do no wrong at the moment thoroughly enjoyed it
    watched infinity war recently that was very good

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I watched a film called eye in the sky on Netflix tonight, Helen Mirren, what a good film
    Good call. It’s got good reviews so will check it out.

It comes to something when the last decent movie you get to see is Paddington 2 with the kids.....

Highly recommend Ash Vs The Evil Dead. Brilliant Series if you can find it and your into comedy Gor horror. Just finished watching season 2