+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Film 18

Re: Film 18

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Seen these in the past week - couldn't imagine two different films but both brilliant:

Attachment 2814 Attachment 2815
    Where did you watch Free Solo Jon?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Where did you watch Free Solo Jon?
    In Sheffield - The Showroom. Sorry, that is not likely to be much help to you.

It is totally amazing, though. I was sitting in a dark cinema on a comfy seat and my palms were sweating with sheer terror. He should have died a hundred times before reaching the top!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    In Sheffield - The Showroom. Sorry, that is not likely to be much help to you.

It is totally amazing, though. I was sitting in a dark cinema on a comfy seat and my palms were sweating with sheer terror. He should have died a hundred times before reaching the top!
    I like Alex Honnold I watched a Joe Rogan podcast with him, he seems a good guy. Mad as a box of frogs though

I like Alex Honnold I watched a Joe Rogan podcast with him, he seems a good guy. Mad as a box of frogs though
    There's some brilliant stuff on Joe Rogan podcast

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    There's some brilliant stuff on Joe Rogan podcast
    I agree mate. I wasn't a big fan when I used to see him commentating on ufc but his podcasts are excellent. He genuinely seems interested in everything and always seems to ask the right questions

I agree mate. I wasn't a big fan when I used to see him commentating on ufc but his podcasts are excellent. He genuinely seems interested in everything and always seems to ask the right questions
    Yeah agreed he always just let's the guests talk rather than your typical yank who just feels the need to keep talking over their guests and there's a bit of everything on there not just famous people for the sake of it, loads of crazy Scientology stories

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    Did the file I uploaded work ok?
    Laptop has shit it so gonna have to try and sort it out
    Don’t really want to watch it on my phone

Well Luther was flipping brilliant. Also watching Rake on Netflix. An Australian Lawers who is brilliant at his job but is a heavy drinker and gambler and can't resist the women. An off the wall series that is also very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Well Luther was flipping brilliant. Also watching Rake on Netflix. An Australian Lawers who is brilliant at his job but is a heavy drinker and gambler and can't resist the women. An off the wall series that is also very funny.
    That guy on the bus WTF

Not going upstairs on the bus again ha.

Heisenberg

'After David Kim (John Cho)'s 16-year-old daughter goes missing, a local investigation is opened and a detective is assigned to the case. But 37 hours later and without a single lead, David decides to search the one place no one has looked yet, where all secrets are kept today: his daughter's laptop. In a hyper-modern thriller told via the technology devices we use every day to communicate, David must trace his daughter's digital footprints before she disappears forever.'

Solid 7/10. Very different/modern take on a 'missing person' thriller. Worth a watch if you can find a torrent

Ghost Stories. A cynical professor investigates three separate stories of supernatural events affecting different males. The first two two stories are iffy and the acting is dodgy. It gets a lot better with the involvement of Martin Freeman in the third story which ties everything together. There are one or two jump out moments but it’s very uneven so a 5/10

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Ghost Stories. A cynical professor investigates three separate stories of supernatural events affecting different males. The first two two stories are iffy and the acting is dodgy. It gets a lot better with the involvement of Martin Freeman in the third story which ties everything together. There are one or two jump out moments but it’s very uneven so a 5/10
    Just watched this. Not for me! Wind river was well recommended though. Ireally enjoyed that film.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Just watched this. Not for me! Wind river was well recommended though. Ireally enjoyed that film.
    Agreed on both counts. Ghost Stories wasn’t a recommendation btw. I only gave it 5/10. Up until Martin Freeman’s involvement it was really poor. Wind River was very good. If you like a good horror give The Wailing a go. It’s on Netflix. The first twenty minutes is a bit dodgy but it starts getting darker and darker. It turns into a cracker with a great climax.

Agreed on both counts. Ghost Stories wasn’t a recommendation btw. I only gave it 5/10. Up until Martin Freeman’s involvement it was really poor. Wind River was very good. If you like a good horror give The Wailing a go. It’s on Netflix. The first twenty minutes is a bit dodgy but it starts getting darker and darker. It turns into a cracker with a great climax.
    I know you didn’t recommend it fella. Just came across it on Netflix, and I like Martin Freeman. But I do follow suggestions from here. Started watching Rake last night after someone mentioned it in here and I thought it was great. Funny, I like the format where each episode is a case. Good characters and a decent plot to each episode. I’ve only watched 3 mind

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I know you didn’t recommend it fella. Just came across it on Netflix, and I like Martin Freeman. But I do follow suggestions from here. Started watching Rake last night after someone mentioned it in here and I thought it was great. Funny, I like the format where each episode is a case. Good characters and a decent plot to each episode. I’ve only watched 3 mind

Same here. There have been some great recommendations on here. Is Rake on Netflix?

Same here. There have been some great recommendations on here. Is Rake on Netflix?
    Check out green book you won't be disappointed Viggo mortensen is in it as a Brooklyn bouncer who gets the job of PA to a black musician touring the deep south

Check out green book you won't be disappointed Viggo mortensen is in it as a Brooklyn bouncer who gets the job of PA to a black musician touring the deep south
    Good news, cheers. I got Green Book downloaded and ready to watch

Yeah its on Netflix. It’s an Australian series about a lawyer who’s got a few vices. It’s good, it doesn’t take itself too seriously.

Absolutely, what a great film. Best Ive seen in ages. Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.