+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Film 18

Film 18

Back due to popular demand. Well Charlie told me to set this up.
    Anyways got two dvds for Christmas based on Film 17 recommendations in Hidden Figures and Hell or High Water which I will eventually get around to watching.
    Saw The Martian and Bridge of Spies a couple of days ago both of which were decent enough. Charlie...John Wick was shite!

Re: Film 18

I watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople yesterday on Netflix. Loved it. It's really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I watched Hunt for the Wilderpeople yesterday on Netflix. Loved it. It's really funny.
    It was really enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Back due to popular demand. Well Charlie told me to set this up.
    Anyways got two dvds for Christmas based on Film 17 recommendations in Hidden Figures and Hell or High Water which I will eventually get around to watching.
    Saw The Martian and Bridge of Spies a couple of days ago both of which were decent enough. Charlie...John Wick was shite!
    You took John Wick to seriously

Really liked Hidden Figures.
    I got Dunkirk from Santa to watch at some point.I'm expecting big things.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Bridge with Wil Smith on Netflix

Hostile good old school western

Watched City Of God after recommendation from Pearcey. Any believe never seen it before. Excellent film. Made even better by the fact all bar one of the “actors” were real life slum kids.

Baby Driver - 6.5/10

Not a film but a documentary called “Beware The Slenderman” is well worth a watch in an ongoing court case.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You took John Wick to seriously
    Probs. It’s just not my type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Watched City Of God after recommendation from Pearcey. Any believe never seen it before. Excellent film. Made even better by the fact all bar one of the “actors” were real life slum kids.
    Good you enjoyed it. The problem with Netflix is that it’s easy to miss some very good films. The Wee Man is a cracking film on there which I would not have watched had it not been for a recommendation on here. Same with The Wailing which was Lord Kenwynne’s recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good you enjoyed it. The problem with Netflix is that it’s easy to miss some very good films. The Wee Man is a cracking film on there which I would not have watched had it not been for a recommendation on here. Same with The Wailing which was Lord Kenwynne’s recommendation.
    Watched The Weeman the last time I had Netflix. He’s a good actor. He’s also in a film about Northern Soul but the name escapes me.

I can only get in Spanish
    Is it available in English or with subtitles

Sorry
    I’m referring to City of God

Blue in the Face

Netflix recommendation here. Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like 80's Woody Allen and early Wes Anderson films then check out "The Meyerowitz Stories". Writer-Director of "Squid and the Whale" (an even better film).

Think a lot of folks don't the chance to see that Adam Sandler is actually a great actor as he showcases here. But if you haven't seen him in "Punch Drunk Love" or "Funny People" then that's understandable.

That's four recommendations now!

Happy new year all...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Netflix recommendation here. Won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like 80's Woody Allen and early Wes Anderson films then check out "The Meyerowitz Stories". Writer-Director of "Squid and the Whale" (an even better film).

Think a lot of folks don't the chance to see that Adam Sandler is actually a great actor as he showcases here. But if you haven't seen him in "Punch Drunk Love" or "Funny People" then that's understandable.

That's four recommendations now!

Happy new year all...
    Reign On Me is another Adam Sandler film where he shows he’s more than just a comedy goofball.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Sorry
    I’m referring to City of God
    Subtitles in English on Netflix

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Not a film but a documentary called “Beware The Slenderman” is well worth a watch in an ongoing court case.
    I'll check that out, I like a good criminal/legal documentary.

Might not be to everyones taste but I saw "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri" yesterday. Small town America, unsolved crime, family vendetta against local police. Throughly enjoyed it. Woody Harrelson starred. Available from the usual sources ;)

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Subtitles in English on Netflix
    Cheers 👍
    I’ll have to see what’s what on the local services

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I'll check that out, I like a good criminal/legal documentary.

Might not be to everyones taste but I saw "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri" yesterday. Small town America, unsolved crime, family vendetta against local police. Throughly enjoyed it. Woody Harrelson starred. Available from the usual sources ;)
    Three Billboards is absolutely brilliant,Sam Rockwell is incredible in it.

Can't find three billboards anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Can't find three billboards anywhere
    Screeners in the usual places.
    Try this.

https://pirateproxy.ist/torrent/1948...VDScr.XVID.AC3...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Screeners in the usual places.
    Try this.

https://pirateproxy.ist/torrent/1948...VDScr.XVID.AC3...
    Thanks Mate.

"The Shape of Water" - really odd film. Its up for awards at the moment. Really enjoyed it but Im dont think Ive ever seen a film quite like it. The IMDB description is "At a top secret research facility in the 1950s, a lonely janitor forms a unique relationship with an amphibious creature that is being held in captivity." That just about sums up the plot but its oddly captivating. Having said that, I can see people hating it too.

Just watched Hidden Figures. Very moving and incredible that Katherine Johnson achieved so much and will reach 100 not out this August. Well worth watching. Inspirational stuff.

Hell or High Water was ok. Good soundtrack and I liked the cinematography but the film was a bit slow going with lots of mumbling dialogue. A bit of a lame ending. It’s not a bad film but it’s not a great one either.