+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Film 18

Re: Film 18

I enjoyed Shape Of Water, Han Solo and Tell No One recently. TNO being the best of the three. I saw it ages ago and had forgotten how good it was.

Been watching supernatural for God knows how long up to season 7 now well worth a watch

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I enjoyed Shape Of Water, Han Solo and Tell No One recently. TNO being the best of the three. I saw it ages ago and had forgotten how good it was.
    I just couldn't get in to that shape of water but that women did deserve an Oscar

Baby Driver. Slick and entertaining. Enjoyed it but it was a bit predictable....6/10

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Death Wish, the Bruce Willis remake

I enjoyed it but it just wasn’t the same as the Charles Bronson original I guess it’s because it’s predictable

Dunkirk. Whilst not entirely historically accurate it was spare, tense and well done so 8/10

Saw Deadpool 2 last Friday, doesn't disappoint in terms of humour but gets bogged down trying to force in more of a "story" (I say that in "" because just because something's comedic it doesn't make it less of a story than a drama)

Evil Genius 4 part documentary was a decent watch, if somewhat disturbing at the same time.

They don’t make loons like the Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Evil Genius 4 part documentary was a decent watch, if somewhat disturbing at the same time.

It made for very uncomfortable viewing but was fascinating

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It made for very uncomfortable viewing but was fascinating
    Can’t believe they actually showed the guy being blown up 😱

Baby Driver. Slick and entertaining. Enjoyed it but it was a bit predictable....6/10
    Agreeing on the predictability but Spaceys performance is different class. Shame to think we might not get to see such a great actor at work again.

Agreeing on the predictability but Spaceys performance is different class. Shame to think we might not get to see such a great actor at work again.
    He’s a good actor but I’ve not seen many of his films. More of a De Niro fan.

He’s a good actor but I’ve not seen many of his films. More of a De Niro fan.
    Same here tbh, just thought Spaceys performance was excellent in that film and really stood out.

Two to watch both true stories
    1 a rom com Ali ‘s Wedding
    The other about the khmer rouge genocide through the eyes of a 5 year old
    First they killed my father
    Horrific and Very thought provoking

Midnight Special on Netflix. A religious cult builds up around a boy with special powers so for his protection his father takes him away and goes on the run. The FBI and the religious cult give chase. Child actors can be annoying (see Stranger Things) but this little lad is terrific. It’s well acted all round.

A good film and a worthy 8/10.

Just finished this that women was something else, how the feck she never slipped up is frightening to how intelligent she was while mentally fecked

Nighcrawler is a great film I thought. Jake Gyllenhaal is superb in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Nighcrawler is a great film I thought. Jake Gyllenhaal is superb in it.
    Yes he was nice and creepy

How it ends was a good watch also Aaron Ramsey was in it

Mike Leigh's PETERLOO is due out on 2 November.

I have been looking forward to this since the early news it was in production. Maxine Peake, Rory Kinnear and (I think) Christopher Ecclestone are in the cast.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...ntury-massacre

Saw Pride the other day. It was a bit sugary but you would have to have a heart of stone not to be taken by it...7/10.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just got back from watching Dog Island (Wes Anderson)

Attachment 2283
    !
    Was just coming to recommend this and noticed your post. 8/10 film imo.

It's actually called 'Isle of Dogs' though... and it took me far too long to realise that it's probably got that title as it sounds like 'I Love Dogs' when said out loud

Another recommendation is a documentary called 'Tickled' https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tickled/ 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

The synopsis is
    "After stumbling upon a bizarre "competitive endurance tickling" video online, wherein young men are paid to be tied up and tickled, reporter David Farrier reaches out to request a story from the company. But the reply he receives is shocking-the sender mocks Farrier's sexual orientation and threatens extreme legal action should he dig any deeper. So, like any good journalist confronted by a bully, he does just the opposite: he travels to the hidden tickling facilities in Los Angeles and uncovers a vast empire, known for harassing and harming the lives of those who protest their involvement in these films. The more he investigates, the stranger it gets, discovering secret identities and criminal activity. Discovering the truth becomes Farrier's obsession, despite increasingly sinister threats and warnings. With humor and determination, Farrier and co-director Dylan Reeve summon up every resource available to get to the bottom of this tickling worm hole."
    It's fascinating, terrifying and creepy as f**k. It's the most bizarre documentary I've seen in a while and highly recommend it.

A Ghost Story on Netflix. Poignant rather than scary but well acted, beautifully filmed and with a good musical theme. I really liked it but it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea 8/10.

Just watched a film called The Keeping Hours. 9/10

Really really good film highly recommended

https://youtu.be/D9VVpdh77qs

10:55 Film Four
    Last Train to Busan

Korean zombie film - good fun