+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Ham fan taunts Jake Livermore over his sons death

West Ham fan taunts Jake Livermore over his sons death

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a8139601.html

Words fail me. Hope he/she is banned from football for life and named and shamed

Re: West Ham fan taunts Jake Livermore over his sons death

Name and shame them and then ban them.

They got him whoever he is anyway.

Let’s hope the FA see some sense and don’t charge Livermore.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They got him whoever he is anyway.

Let’s hope the FA see some sense and don’t charge Livermore.
    Hmmm. Difficult one that.
    The scumbag deserved what he had coming to him and most would say good on Livermore but once you cross the white line you need to become detached from everything and everybody off the pitch. Letting him off may set a precedent and give the green light for players to follow suit.
    As he had been substituted and technically "off" the pitch then this may work in his favour but he must expect some sort of ban/fine.

Ban? Fine? Get real. No physical contact - for which that POS "fan" must be thanking his lucky stars.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The scumbag deserved what he had coming to him and most would say good on Livermore but once you cross the white line you need to become detached from everything and everybody off the pitch. Letting him off may set a precedent and give the green light for players to follow suit.
    As he had been substituted and technically "off" the pitch then this may work in his favour but he must expect some sort of ban/fine.
    Don’t agree with this.
    Losing a child would cause pain like no other and it’ll be raw for the rest of a person’s life.
    Why should Livermore ignore it? I doubt any of us would if some gobshite stranger said it to one of us in a street.
    Footballer or not.

When i first heard this story, i assumed this was the case. Im not really surprised either, i wouldn't be surprised if i heard something like this down Cardiff.

If anything it highlights the fact that fans should think about what they direct at players, it won't though.

I just don't understand how people can be so horrible to say these sorts of things?

Absolute nonsense. Livermore deserves no action to be taken against him. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child and I think unless your unfortunate enough to have been in that position it's impossible to imagine how a scum bag shouting something like that would make you react.

If they said it loud enough for Livermore to hear I'm dissapointed other fans around him didn't react and give him a hiding. He/she should be banned from all football matches for life. Scum.

no... not right at all...

dont get me wrong we have all shouted some shit at games but not to this nature...

disturbing, there are some sick twisted folks walking around like general folk

Agreed this goes way beyond football.The supporter if you can call him that deserves all he gets .Jake Livermore should be offered all the support he needs.No place for this in sport.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Agreed this goes way beyond football.The supporter if you can call him that deserves all he gets .Jake Livermore should be offered all the support he needs.No place for this in sport.
    Well said.

Not at all difficult

Call Livermore in for a " hearing ", ask him how he takes his tea ? ? ? ( make tea ) apologise for wasting the guys time and say how sorry they are about his son

move on

The fan should be named. His face should be put on the big screen at their next home game, and banned for life. Simple!

This didn't seem the kind of thing anyone would shout out and it looks as if Livermore misheard.

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=132029

But I suppose the ball is rolling now and the spectator will be hanged, drawn and quartered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    This didn't seem the kind of thing anyone would shout out and it looks as if Livermore misheard.

But I suppose the ball is rolling now and the spectator will be hanged, drawn and quartered anyway.
    Yeah right

Totally disagree. He lost a young child. I wouldn't blame him if he did a cantona.

Feedback

I think you make special dispensation when someone makes comment about your dead child. As far as I'm concerned Livermore acted with unbelievable restraint. If the FA charge him it will be a ****ing disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    I think you make special dispensation when someone makes comment about your dead child. As far as I'm concerned Livermore acted with unbelievable restraint. If the FA charge him it will be a ****ing disgrace
    Haven't you heard. There is no evidence that the fan said anything about the child but I suppose now that the posse is rounded up it would be a shame to waste the chance of a lynching.

it matters not these days, social media decides your guilt or innocence.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    it matters not these days, social media decides your guilt or innocence.
    Unfortunately this is true. Vigilantes, the way forward?

If i was Livermore I would've clouted shit out of the guy. How are people brought up to think this kind of taunting behaviour is acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post

KUMB in stand up for the 'ammers shocker

Completely disagree. Not sure I could ignore someone taunting anyone I knew about a death (especially that if a child). Pretty certain I couldn't ignore it if directed at me.

If Livermore gets a fine or ban, then the fan has won and it will allow similar idiots to use the same tragedy to get to Livermore and players like him.

The scumbag should be banned from football grounds for life. I'd have him reporting to a police station on matchdayd for the next few years too.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    When i first heard this story, i assumed this was the case. Im not really surprised either, i wouldn't be surprised if i heard something like this down Cardiff.

If anything it highlights the fact that fans should think about what they direct at players, it won't though.
    I've witnessed similar watching Cardiff down the years.