+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield?

Mansfield?

I have decided I have become a full blown masochist as I'm going to this match, despite the crap served up over Xmas and in the full knowledge that we'll be playing anyone registered to the Club other than the first team players and will therefore lose in a further humiliation to add to those recently experienced.

Is anyone else stupid enough to be going other than TOBW (who's prepared to watch anything with a City logo on its shirt...)?

Re: Mansfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I have decided I have become a full blown masochist as I'm going to this match, despite the crap served up over Xmas and in the full knowledge that we'll be playing anyone registered to the Club other than the first team players and will therefore lose in a further humiliation to add to those recently experienced.

Is anyone else stupid enough to be going other than TOBW (who's prepared to watch anything with a City logo on its shirt...)?
    I missed the last three home 3rd round games because of the stupid kick off times. So with it being a 3pm Saturday I'll be going to this one.

Got my Ticket today.
    When i get home i`m getting flogged, then jumping into a cold bath to round the day off

I'll be there.
    The away match at QPR wasn't as bad as some of the Christmas fixtures, but given the expected team changes I don't suppose that is any indicator of what we can expect on Saturday

Got 3 tickets today

It could be an eye opener for Warnock if we win 8-0...

I may decide as late as 12 on saturday

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I may decide as late as 12 on saturday
    You could probably decide as late as 1445, get to the ground and still get a ticket.

I'll be there, good chance to see some of the fringe players, and to be embarrassed at home against a League 2 team! They will then go on to draw Man City, Man U or Liverpool in the next round.

Myself, the old man and my 8 year old nephew will be there. Cardiff City is for life not just for the 4 games over Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I'll be there, good chance to see some of the fringe players, and to be embarrassed at home against a League 2 team! They will then go on to draw Man City, Man U or Liverpool in the next round.
    They’re not doing too bad, sitting 6th in League 2.
    Steve Evans is their manager and he’ll get them up for it and we got a knack of getting beat by teams below us in the ladder (Macclesfield, Shrewsbury).
    Needless to say I fully expect us to win comfortably and some decent performances by some of the fringe players.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    You could probably decide as late as 1445, get to the ground and still get a ticket.
    It's difficult to tell from the e-ticketing site as I'm not sure which blocks have been opened, but the Grandstand looks pretty full and at least 2 blocks behind the Canton Stand goal are sold out. Perhaps 5 or 6k sold so far? He may need to arrive a bit earlier than 14:45 as we'll all be queuing to get our tickets I suspect...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    No doubt about it! But I'm afternoons all week so I won't be in a rush to get up Saturday. The decision at 12 will be if I'm getting dressed or not

I'll be going, but I might well be Billy no mates as not much interest from the lads I go with

I shall be there. Don’t know why though. The team don’t come and see me when I’m bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I'll be going, but I might well be Billy no mates as not much interest from the lads I go with
    I'd have to provide train fare, tickets and beers to even tempt my mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    It's difficult to tell from the e-ticketing site as I'm not sure which blocks have been opened, but the Grandstand looks pretty full and at least 2 blocks behind the Canton Stand goal are sold out. Perhaps 5 or 6k sold so far? He may need to arrive a bit earlier than 14:45 as we'll all be queuing to get our tickets I suspect...
    Grandstand is open and around to Canton 105

Victory for the mighty Stags is so fecking inevitable that it’s the sort of fixture we should be able to throw. I’m sure an obscure FA rule exists to cover these scenarios. The equivalent League rule would have negated wasted travel costs in journeys to Deepdale, the Macron and Ladbroke Grove.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Menken View Post
    Victory for the mighty Stags is so fecking inevitable that it’s the sort of fixture we should be able to throw. I’m sure an obscure FA rule exists to cover these scenarios. The equivalent League rule would have negated wasted travel costs in journeys to Deepdale, the Macron and Ladbroke Grove.
    Ladbroke Grove is a few miles from Loftus Road. Learn some geography and stop being such a pessimist

She was a sweet,shy,mysterious girl

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Ladbroke Grove is a few miles from Loftus Road. Learn some geography and stop being such a pessimist
    The Elgin and Kensington Park Hotel (aka KPH) are both in Ladbroke Grove and all Rangers.

The Elgin and Kensington Park Hotel (aka KPH) are both in Ladbroke Grove and all Rangers.
    City played at Loftus Road not in the Elgin

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    City played at Loftus Road not in the Elgin
    Ladbroke Grove is all Hoops. When they were promoted to Prem a few years ago, that’s where they did all the celebrating.

Ladbroke Grove is all Hoops. When they were promoted to Prem a few years ago, that’s where they did all the celebrating.
    Ponty and the valleys are "Cardiff".

Both miles from the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Myself, the old man and my 8 year old nephew will be there. Cardiff City is for life not just for the 4 games over Christmas
    Brilliant reply👍